Search found 5262 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?

Literally, life doesent 'make sense;' sense 'makes' life. In German it is said „Leben hat Sinn“ („life has sense“), not „Leben macht Sinn“ („life makes sense“). Though meanwhile and unfortunately, the latter is also possible. Otherwise, have a nice vacation in Spain, and remember, The rain in Spain...
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?
Replies: 272
Views: 12908

Re: White European preservation policies

Bottom line: The fear of being judged a bad guy - the fear of other people: "Sure I will go along. Whatever you say because I am one of you good guys." "Gutmensch" - in English: "good (hu)man", "do-gooder", "goodie", "bleeding heart", &quo...
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:37 pm
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: White European preservation policies
Replies: 92
Views: 873

Re: Ethics of the anthropic principle

Brando wrote:Ethics of the anthropic principle.

By the way: why ethics, Brando?
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:30 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Ethics of the anthropic principle
Replies: 21
Views: 272

Re: The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?

This universe seems to require life.
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:16 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: The Meaning of Life. Does life make sense?
Replies: 272
Views: 12908

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

I think that certain Features like self-consciousness and Soul couldn't be implemented by a Computer. Insofar as we are grounded and rooted in the universe, this concepts Play a crucial role. So as a consequence, machines aren't able to be rooted in the universe, and this means that they are misgui...
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Will machines completely replace all human beings?
Replies: 2121
Views: 131908

Re: Lessons on Causality

Logic is more important than language. It depends on what it refers to. If it refers to education in general, then the non-logical part of language can (but mostly does not) be more important than the logical part of language. The cohesion of the language (mostly called "text") is always ...
by Arminius
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:00 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Lessons on Causality
Replies: 156
Views: 2465

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Nihilists want to destroy everything, especially all values, and if they are successful, there will be nothing left. By this do you mean that machines, as nihilists, will destroy--amidst everything else--all human beings and the machines themselves as well? No and yes . No , because humans have inv...
by Arminius
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Will machines completely replace all human beings?
Replies: 2121
Views: 131908

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

For someone who knows the Mendel’s laws and the resulting statistical distributions, the following hypothesis forces itself: Suppose the peak IQ occupational group would be homozygous for a Mendelian allele M1, thus genotype M1M1, the unskilled workers would be M2M2, the professional workers would ...
by Arminius
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Will machines completely replace all human beings?
Replies: 2121
Views: 131908

Re: Ethics of the anthropic principle

The optimum distance of Earth from the Sun was a random event and more evidence our existence was not guaranteed The distance was certainly not "random". It had a cause. But the point to the anthropic principle is that if, for example, the Earth had been too close to the Sun for life to g...
by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Ethics of the anthropic principle
Replies: 21
Views: 272

Re: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same

Brando wrote:Yes I am from Germany.

Willkommen.
by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:36 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same
Replies: 13
Views: 214

Re: Ethics of the anthropic principle

The optimum distance of Earth from the Sun was a random event and more evidence our existence was not guaranteed The fact that liquid water can exist under ice which allowed life to develop within oceans before it could adapt to land We can also only exist in a universe with three spatial dimension...
by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Ethics of the anthropic principle
Replies: 21
Views: 272

Re: IS MUSIC THE BEST?

Kathrina wrote:Also, music is therapy.

Also, dolphins are good for therapy:

by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 am
 
Forum: Art, Music, and Entertainment
Topic: IS MUSIC THE BEST?
Replies: 22
Views: 1024

Re: At the edge of logic

Logic is discussed in this Forum in a canonical way: Argument, truth tables, conditionals etc. . I want deliver a more excentric way to see logic: a) first, what is logic to the law of the excluded third following Gotthard Günther? b) logic seems to be an abstraction: If I say the for Loop and the ...
by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:34 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: At the edge of logic
Replies: 3
Views: 121

Re: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same

Then the question: "Change signifies the same in a Abstract manner? So Spartacus is via abstraction the same as the Pariser Community?" Appears to be a complete non-sequitur to me. How did "change" get into this?? Yes, basically, I can only guess too. But look at the word "...
by Arminius
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same
Replies: 13
Views: 214

Re: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same

This is a way of abstraction instantiated in nature. Is it possible, that Nietzsches thought of the eternal return of the given is a consequent of this hypothesis? In so far as the same is measured through this abstraction, so Change signifies the same in a Abstract manner? So Spartacus is via abst...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:58 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same
Replies: 13
Views: 214

Re: White European preservation policies

Immigrants came to North America, killed off as much of the native population as possible, and took over. They now call it Canada and the U.S. Think it couldn't happen again? You wanna play might makes right, look out. If you have what they want... So you are saying that Europeans should be killed ...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 pm
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: White European preservation policies
Replies: 92
Views: 873

Re: White European preservation policies

According to the majority of the Non-Europeans, "trying to make Non-Europeans rich" means "trying to make Europeans out of Non-Europeans"... I don't think this is true. Japan and, more recently, China and India have embraced western capitalism and lifted millions of non-European...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 pm
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: White European preservation policies
Replies: 92
Views: 873

Re: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same

This is a way of abstraction instantiated in nature. Is it possible, that Nietzsches thought of the eternal return of the given is a consequent of this hypothesis? In so far as the same is measured through this abstraction, so Change signifies the same in a Abstract manner? So Spartacus is via abst...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same
Replies: 13
Views: 214

Re: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same

James S Saint wrote:
Brando wrote:It is often stated, that Logical description in Panlogism determines natural processes.

I can verify that. In that regard, Hegel was right.

Yes.
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Logical Panlogism and the eternal return of the same
Replies: 13
Views: 214

Re: White European preservation policies

Here's an idea: demographic changes in the proportion of humanity of various races is driven in large part by birth rates, which have fallen in the (mostly white) first world and remained high in the (mostly non-white) developing world. There is strong evidence from Europe and the US that birth rat...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 pm
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: White European preservation policies
Replies: 92
Views: 873

Re: The Newest Third World Country...The USA

But Carleas wrote here: http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193341#p2680073 Carleas lives in an imaginary world built from the left over stories and dreams of the original USA. He specializes in believing only what might be possibly true to his ideals and preference, excusing and ign...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:53 pm
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: The Newest Third World Country...The USA
Replies: 28
Views: 562

Re: Where does art come from?

So, okay, then. Alf's question must be answered now. Right?

Art belongs to culture.
Culture is based on a soul.
Thus art is also based on a soul.

Alf's question:

Alf wrote:Where does art come from?

The answer:

    "Art comes from a soul".

Is that right, Alf?
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 am
 
Forum: Art, Music, and Entertainment
Topic: Where does art come from?
Replies: 53
Views: 1685

Re: Philosophy and Art

The similarities between philosophy and art are not caused by an accident. What do you think about the similarities, the analogies? Not at all. :?: Philosophy means "love of wisdom" so things has to make sense, and serve a potential/purpose. Art doesn't have to be useful or sever any purp...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Philosophy and Art
Replies: 48
Views: 1388

Re: Philosophy and Art

What Salvador Dali also said is this: "Surrealim is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision." http://www.surrealismart.org/images/quotes/small/salvador-dali-destructive.jpg But the posterior destructivism destroys more than the previous surrea...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 am
 
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Philosophy and Art
Replies: 48
Views: 1388

Re: Income Disparity

The middle class has decreased in recent years, but is lately making a comeback. No. A comeback is still not in sight. The opposite is true: the middle class seems to vanish. This depends upon just what kind of income you call middle class, of course. There is no universally accepted definition of ...
by Arminius
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:01 am
 
Forum: Society, Government, and Economics
Topic: Income Disparity
Replies: 112
Views: 1322
Next

Return to advanced search