An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Arc,
Why the ghoulish avatar? Have the nosferatu bitten you?

Hey, that’s me Ierrellus. Don’t insult me like that - please don’t. :angry: It’s most unkind, you know. :evilfun:

But to answer your question.

Mithus had posted this to me in here and I do see it as a viable perspective on one level.

I gave his words some thought and after having reflected on them, I decided to perform a little experiment of my own - ergo, the most hideous creature I can find - well, maybe not the most hideous - but kind of hideous, at least outwardly. Some hideous creatures are quite beautiful without but hideous within - as per example, the picture of Dorian Gray.

Anyway, I aim to see for myself over time if there is any truth to what Mithus “sees”. I want to see if those men who appear to like me, to warm to me, will have a change of heart and mind and behavior due to the image. Impressions are so potent and seem to be so “real”, don’t they? The human mind can be so taken in by first impressions and images. So, that is what I am about.

Incidentally, my avatars were chosen, for the most part, not because of the aesthetic value of a woman’s face but because of the mood or emotion which I gleaned in it. I may be wrong but I think that most of the avatars in here which are chosen are for the same reason. But I think that i shall also choose the more ugly with the emotion or mood which I am trying to portray. I don’t know if that shall present a challenge to me or not but it will be kind of fun trying.

Note bene: I am not in reality a fierce, fire breathing dragon but I’ve also portrayed myself as such. Why, because I love what it says to me about myself at times - it speaks to me.

:sunglasses: I like it. How about a dance in the moonshine?

People who know you since years by your posts probably won’t change their mind. but it might be interesting to see how newcomers react to that picture, or who reacts.

Mithus

A dance in the moonshine? I’d rather drink it, than dance in it. I knew what you meant though.
Anyway, that’s not a hideous image. That has also been one of my avatars, believe it or not, as a result of the mood or emotion of love which I was flowing in in those moments.

As for the first part above, I did think about that but still images do affect the mind/body connection so it might be interesting to see how people in here respond/react to me NOW since my true image has been revealed. :mrgreen:
I myself may not see that reaction over time but maybe I will ~~ but they will if they’re aware of changes within their system.

As for the second part, yes, that will also be interesting. One can’t really know by my name that I’m female so I may throw in a few male hideous figures. hahahaha. Of course, that might also mean that I have to change some of the steps which I dance too. But we are all, in a sense, like choreographers, and life is about change, is it not? But the question is: How to achieve balance within the change without losing the choreographer himself? lol

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Buckminster Fuller

I’m also a fan of BF.

Seen both of those quotes before.

Good quotes are worth repeating.

Yeah they are.

Everyone reacts, one picture is worth than  a thousand  words, but really when You Come down to it, how can You form a picture from such unequal values ?This proves only one thing, pictures can also

Be distorted by those very same words. After all, normally, do not pictures formed literally from actual images?

orb,

It would be interesting to see just how many words could be derived from a picture.
I wrote a little story which had to do with Van Gogh’s “Shoes”. I liked it but don’t recall how many words there were. Could have been a thousand I think.

Anyway, I’ve decided to do away with the ugly witch - I was getting bored with her and restless but I still plan to maintain the spirit of ugliness in my future avatars for awhile although I have to say that poor snakes are maligned and get such a bad rap. Maybe it’s all because of the Garden of Eden myth.

What unequal values are you referring to, Rumi?

Yes, the struggle is in trying to maintain the validity or maybe i could say harmony between what is seen and what is said - if that made any sense.

Can you explain what you mean by this? It’s probably just me not getting it.

Arc,

I wish I had a computer, then I could paraphrase, having only a tAblet, I can make only comments on recalled ideas, and I have to go back and review Your comments,Miami were to give You the credit due to Your observations.

As I recall, images were primary, in cave illustrations, and words evolved from those.In many ways it is becoming a picture world, where the tv and the cinema play most if not everything as representative in most people’s life. When I said, literally, that pictures are formed from perception, I meant, that the pictures on a cave man’s abode, had to still, evolve into a primary symbol. As in Mietzche trying to delve into the ancient world of artifacts, there is a disembowling taking place, trying to think through the. The many channels of understanding, when dwelling into the subconscious psyche of original intentional ideas. When pictures and representations come to mind, and when as the cliche goes - one picture is worth a thousand words, what is going on there is doubt as to the value of trying to determine, and equivalency between pictures, ideas, and words.
When Oscar Wild saw the soul trapped in a dormant Attick, while the harsh circumstances of reality made awful work on the soul, the perimeters of the perceived object became a cosmetic work in progress
Pictures became all important, pictures of even sacred ideas, which previously made so much difference in people’s lives. Their very being depended on a right interpretation during those times, because the focus was on them, and their attributes. The soul was in the closet, but connected to the plastic intrusions into its outer manifestation.

Forgive me for this lengthy diatribe, but I see no other way then this roundabout way to answer Your dilemma.

then what happens? Once the picture is set, into the psyche, as a given, it becomes a fixture to refer to, to identify that with which, we or You or anyone can come to terms with how it is perceived. The picture will become value rich, depriving the word, the idea, of its significance. What happens then?

The word having lost value, tries to reclaim its losses, but alas, finds itself at a disadvantage, because, people have stopped to be literal, and started to think in terms of pictures, representations of very early perceptions. this is the regress, the ontologically based regress , corresponding to, the ,
Problems of semantic regress the positivists faces, and could really in all honesty, not been able to overcome.

So how are we, almost illiterate people, depending on out vs and cinema, to make a leap into understanding?

Most likely can’t, because even the most progressive analyst is fearful of loss, loss of credibility at least, and loss of mind, at most.

So, one picture may be worth more then all the ideas since time immemorial was, and recovery is not guaranteed even to the likes of a Nietzche, but there are hold outs, who insist on not only recovery, but of incorporating any erroneous perception, which may have resulted in account of the lack of skill in recovery. they simply cannot go there, because they are shor circuited by impressions , usually the latest to come their way.

Nietzche, contra Wagner is a good example where confusion arose, between the ideas of redemptive power. I am more likely to go along with Wagner’s assessment, and be able to recover, ideas, not based on loss other then purely insignificant gold, out of a river, because, rivers usually feed into the ocean, and in Nietzche’s case, it was the ocean of love which was missing. I can say this with all honesty, because my father too was a Nietzchean lacked no the substantial elements of love, rather, focusing in on its most obvious and superficial value, where love was forbidden, Vorboten, as a physical expression, it needed to be learned much later on, by those, who were able to understand the language of love.
I really have exhausted the topic, and can say no more, except that, nothing is irrevocable, not all the gold in the Rhine, not the love of God, or of the respect of people. it takes a man who can submerge himself in the deepest parts of the current, where the flow is almost not existent, it is still, and somehow immediately understood.

See Ariadne’ lament, as unloved in ‘Ecce Homo’