Anarchism of the Right.

What does not signing a petition have to do with the 1st amendment?

You should never use water on your face after being maced. Also, if you don’t think it’s effective for self defense you’re just not doing it right. I’ve maced a good handful of people, you gotta spray em in the face. And I don’t know what kinda mace you’re using, but those bitches usually hit the ground immediately.

Nono, it was telling the guy to shut the fuck up specifically that I was referring to.

You should also never hit somebody in the face for macing you when you ask them to do it, but you know. Heat of the moment and all that. I’m not sure if we knew about the water thing at the time or not.

Maybe we were selling an inferior brand, or maybe we were being stingy because we had one can for everybody at the party. Still, that was part of the experience we had, I specifically remember having time to think “Oh, this isn’t so ba-” before I hit the floor and crawled for the toilet. I suppose there’s also the surprise factor- we all knew we were being maced, and all but one of us got to see it’s effects on somebody else before it was our turn.

The first Amendment allows you to tell someone to shut up. It just doesn’t allow for you to enforce it. The police use that ploy quite often these days. They command people to do things that they are not allowed to enforce. But the Supreme Court ruled that they are not required to educate anyone on what rights they do or don’t have, so they just fool people into compliance, usurping authority.

Yes it does. I could tell you to shut up, and if you don’t shut up, I could kick you out of my house, or off my website, or out of my shoe store, or whatever. Not a first amendment issue in the least.

Oh, maybe. I’m still not getting how ‘here’s what some police did’ adds up to ‘here’s what conservatives are in favor of’.