Breaking Bad fans?

Main character of BB was in a movie I recently saw: Drive. Weird movie.

I saw it, It was ok. There’s so much hype around it that I thought it would be amazing but it’s good at best.
Gosling is my favorite actor and I really liked the cinematography but the story was so - so.

Wow. Defensive. Much. Let’s keep in mind this is a fucking television show. I know you are Americans, but…

Anyways, I did. They are going to continue with the obvious character arc that has been prevalent since the beginning of the show. Case closed. And while we’re on this, did you honestly think Skylar giving the money to Ted would result in them not needing specifically that much? Seriously. This show is fucking predictable as hell. If you don’t think so then you clearly don’t understand storytelling. It doesn’t mean it’s not a good show, as I’ve already stated.

Yeah, I agree. I like Gosling a lot, I liked the filming style a lot, the music was cool, but yeah, the story wasn’t particularly interesting.

Say something, lay it out for us Gobbs. Let’s see what you think and how it lines up.

Great premise,
Great story,
Great acting and execution…

But the storyline has become a convoluted mess after season 2. Walt should have become a truly “bad” character much sooner, to maintain realism. Now it’s too contrived and will take a miracle for the storywriters to keep the plot going. I’m surprised it’s still going after season 3. Season 3 really messed things up.

Walt should have built his own operations producing meth than working under the fried chicken druglord. That was a bad maneuver for the writers. And jessie should have been forced to murder some competition by now. The storyline is too unrealistic without more murders taking place. And the gambling lie really destroyed the realism, for me.

I broke a bad fan once. In truth it was already broken though. I just broke it more.

*rimshot

For this show to end well, and with a moral lesson…he has to die.

Oh yeah, he’s gonna die.

Walt Jr.?

No, Walt. But why not both, eh?

Walt is not going to become Gus. He’s going to become Keyser Soze.

I really don’t understand why tv shows have to be moralistic but yeah, walter will die. Bryan Cranston has said several times that he thinks that’s the way the show is gonna end and that seems to be the way Vince Gihligan intended the show to end.

Kaiser

Ok next season is the last one. Predictions:

Walt will straight up kill someone in cold blood. The season will end with him having a considerable amount of power, but he will be alone in the sense that he loses the family.

Jesse is just looking for a normal life. For someone. He will find her, probably in the final episode when he becomes a youth councilor or something.

Hank lives. Marie dies.

Walter Junior - honestly not sure. He’s a wild card. He might just go to college. He might get killed. He finds out about dad, though.

Skylar will end up traveling or off somewhere with the baby in the end exercising some independence. She’s always trying to leave.

The black security guard will continue to be awesome (at building up Saul’s character.)

Saul will retire.

I will do them again once the first episode airs. It will be easier. Because when I said the show is predictable I meant it in a good way. For instance we all know Gus was going to be killed by Hector. It was just how it happened that was awesome. It’s the way it happens that is the awesome part.

Also, if you haven’t seen it yet.

twitter.com/#!/h_salamanca

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_Soze

Oh snap.

That’s a retarded way of spelling it, but yes, you are right.

So I watched the first two episodes of season 1. I’m not sure. Let’s make a show about the most miserable man who digs himself in a deeper hole with drugs and murder. And wait, here’s a great idea, let’s try to pull it off as somewhat comedic. Like, make it funny when Walt’s junkie meth partner fucks up dissolving a dead Asian drug dealer with hydrofluoric acid in the bathtub. Haha. That’s just hilarious.

Maybe I’m just not as desensitized as other people, but I was pretty disgusted watching this show. Is there any point to the show, or is it just designed to be entertaining and absurd? Why does everyone like it?

I liked The Sopranos, which also combined violence and comedy, but somehow even The Sopranos didn’t seem as miserable and pointless as Breaking Bad.