Carbon 14 Dating?

No it doesn’t. But it is still a bunch of stories written by men who purportedly claimed that they know God. So if anyone wants to know God this is, rationally speaking, one good place to start. Or would you rather start with someone who does not even claim to know God? But of course if knowledge of God is irrelevant to you and your philosophy then all these are irrelevant too.

Mathew E.

The article that was made about the oldest living person- the elderly woman from the Dominica Republic . You dont think your media lies to you on a constant basis for an Entertainment purpose? Liberal news stations only like to give you the “interesting” facts, usually half truths, AKA: half lies. Man is corrupt, you are correct - that is why believing the Bible is hard at first. But IF YOU DO read its contents, you will more than agree that its pages have been Divinely Inspired. God spoke to the hearts of those men, just like he continues to do so today- for the few that listen.

Christopher

I wouldnt trust everything you hear on TV or see on the WWW. You dont ever get the full details because theres not enough time in the world to hear or see them.
[/i][/b]

So I offer proof that a prophecy of the infallible Bible is incorrect, and you retort that it is a media lie- someone’s grabbing at straws. How do you know she isn’t 126? The oldest woman in America, I believe, is somewhere in the 120’s as well. Perhaps no one knows how to keep birth records properly. But I like the whole media-conspired-to-prove-the-bible-wrong; it’s more exciting. :unamused:

Your purpose in life must be to make other philosopher/thinker’s laugh.
Congradulations Mathew E.

Now since youre so smart- what is your purpose in this world?

Here’s a head start-
http://www.ubcbakersfield.org/sermons/ubc.PDL.3.2.03.htm

Having read its contents, I found (unsurprisingly) that it looks exactly as if it were written by prescientific humans.

it wasn’t very smart to go totally off subject… everyone must find his own
now further on carbon dating?

willem

But what of the object of what is written, albeit by prescientific humans? Are there nothing in prescientific humans that is true even today? Are there not such as eternal everlasting truths knowable not just to prescientific humans but also to a child of today? In any case can we be so arrogant and self-assured that we know any better than the prescientific humans? For example is not the pharmaceutical industry going back to tribal and folk medicine to rediscover the ancient wisdom in their herbal remedies?

perhaps, if you look for it long enough…
actually, truth doesn’t exist

no, lol, course not

we’re better capable of explaining our perception… way better
medicins have very little to do with the bible…
or C14 for that matter…

willem

Yes and yes, but both are beside the point. I’m talking about how it looks like the word of prescientific humans as opposed to that of an omniscient God.

Oh you are absolutely right. I dont think anyone should make a claim greater than what the evidence supports. And yes the bible is essentially the work of men, documenting their experiences and knowledge of God. The word of God is not merely what men recorded in the bible. Just take a simple example, If God spoke and it is, then what is the word of God? Everything that is I suppose.

[size=200]PEDANT!! LOL!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: [/size]

made me laugh so hard when he said pedant.

i guess its only right to provide the dictionary definition (for additional humorous effects):

there’s no doubt kyry owns this whole thread.