Christianity

Astral lol that wording was a bit off. It’s not that they’re innocent, we’re all born sinners. But the fact they can’t understand the salvation plan to accept it gives them a free ride to heaven. It wouldn’t be fair if not, and God would not be a just God.

Exactly. I think the modern protestant idea that children are innocent and get a free ride is just pure speculation. It has no biblical justification whatsoever and actually undermines the general need for salvation. It’s only real attraction is that it seems like the “nice” thing to say. But so does the idea that everyone will get saved irrespective of behavior or faith!

Not to be a dick, but I’m not sure that lack of understanding is sufficient either.

On both an intellectual and emotional level, I fail to see how recognizing a human sacrifice (or God sacrifice, or God/human, if you prefer. The trinity is a whole 'nother ball game . . .) followed by ritualistic cannibalism of said being is sufficient to secure my favour in the eyes of a supposedly just God.

Similarly, I don’t really get dualism yet Christianity relies heavily upon it.

Despite this, I somehow doubt I get a ‘pass’ in your view with respect to my entering Heaven.

Understanding is not the issue either. Relationship is the issue.

It’s not. Recognizing would be a good beginning for some, but it has to go further and involve something more akin to connection. In fact, many have come to Christ without much in the way of intellectual understanding of what was going on. I would include myself in this group. I did not become a Christian because it seemed like a good idea. In fact it seemed illogical at the time.

I suppose it does to some extent, but the dueling forces are so unequally matched that most Christians would disagree that dualism is a good description.

Well, maybe you can take confort in the fact that I’m not the one handing out the passes! Plus, I also have serious doubts about my own ability to acquire the required “pass”. So maybe we’re in the same boat after all!

I quote myself again because I don’t think anyone read it. Except instead of “understand” this time, I’ll use “comprehend” as a better word.