Christians Please Read

wrong, there is no evidence to support it, it didn’t happen. Based on what we know if you pray, you pray to nothing. That is true at the moment because there is nothing to suggest otherwise. ultimately jesus could be the son of god, but without anything to suggest that, at the moment it is complete baloney. The belief and just the belief of a group of people. Not the truth.

Um, that is complete lunacy. It isn’t consistent with science, logic, or basic rationality. I’m an atheist by the way.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absense. If that were true, then there would be no point in conducting experiments or a space program.

By your standard, anything for which there is no current evidence is automatically false - there is no “unknown” category in your book it seems. So then, since there is no evidence that life exists in the oceans beneath the icy surface of Europa, we can therefore assume that the answer is “no” and not bother sending a probe.

Back to what the person you responded to said. They said that Jesus as the Son of God could not be proven, but it couldn’t be ruled out either. That is almost certainly true, since “to rule out” in the scientific sense would require physical evidence showing that Jesus is NOT a deity. Since no such evidence can ever be forthcoming, then such a thing cannot be proven or disproven scientifically (in fact, it would be pseudoscience to even try to address such things scientifically).

So, “there is no evidence to support it, it didn’t happen” is completely irrational. But so is the opposite view, that it DID happen. Until or unless physical evidence can be gathered either way, it remains unknown (and probably will be forever).

Now, is it rational to believe that extraordinary things happened without evidence supporting it? No, it’s completely irrational to believe such a thing. And, for the same reasons, it’s completely irrational to say, flat out, “it DIDN’T happen”. At most, one could say they it was POSSIBLE, but that they don’t accept that it happened until they see some evidence (which is what I say).

ok, knowledge is an important thing. From where you are you have NO knowledge of its presence. it may exist, but according to all the data you have available, it doesn’t. In an experiment any factors which influence things but are unknown to you cannot be factored into the experiment, even though they exist, they cannot be treated as existing.

That's not true at all. You can't just set arbitrary grounds of what counts as 'data' and then declare that since God doesn't meet the standard you made up, nobody should believe in Him.  Suppose I pray for work, and the next day I get a job? Suppose my mommy told me there is a God, and my mommy never lies to me? Those things certainly count as [i]evidence[/i] to the right people in the situation, and if you say they don't, then why not?

What experiment?

I agree with the point, that the Devil also believes in Jesus (or God), but it’s not in Heaven, right? That’s why there are 10 laws of God and we (christians) have to live and don’t break the laws. Also me must believe that JEsus is our saviour and so on, so on.

But I just remembered Dante Alighieri and his book “The Divine Comedy”. There, in the first part of the book (Hell), he describes in details the Hell, 9 circles of the hell and sins. There is a circle where are damned all people, who are not converted to Christianity. So what’s the truth - before Christianity to be discovered, all people have been going to hell after their death… argh!

“Come forth,” And we shall come forth without shame and stand before Him. And He will say: “Lord, why dost Thou receive these?” And He shall say: “I receive them, oh ye wise men, I receive them, oh ye learned ones, inasmuch as not one of these has deemed himself worthy…” And He will stretch out His arms to us, and we shall fall at His feet and weep, and we shall understand all things." - Crime and Punishment

Evangelical Christians make out that God’s Kingdom is puuure for an Elite! They might be right…but i’ll wait to see what God has to say about that…when and if the time comes…

ok let me put it this way.

If you know god exists and certain things please him that would allow you to go to heaven, etc, then that is exactly the same as knowing the winning lottery numbers. Yet in the lottery of life, why do you choose different numbers?

If you really knew what would get you into heaven, would you really do anything that might stop you from going there?
If you knew the winning lottery numbers would you really choose others when buying a ticket?

Only a stupid person would!

schools have educated you people wrong
churches have forced you to believe in lies
and only natures timecube can save you as it has
done me i dont fear any “creator” or “tempter”
because i am free beyond any christian belief and they cant stop me from sharing the words od gene ray my #2 hero 2nd after my brother who just makes a awsome role model :D.

ok time to sum it up for EVRYONE except yours truly :smiley:

NATURES HARMONIC TIMECUBE vs
HUMANS EVIL WORD-GOD

cube surrounds and seals the “god” force you believe in
i have now done this to proove that your schools educate you wrong
and your churches poison your mentality
im enlightened by nature better than a book and a room
full of evil-obsessed queers and lesbians who make a big deal
out of true human nature .

“i have burned the bible and my soul as been freed from its
long painful slumber it is awake and working hard for evry other
pour soul that cant lift their feet because of age or illness i am a
savior better than any image of your so called king of kings and
lord of lords he is just a word and im not that easy to convince
BAPTIZM IS PURE EVIL ACT USED VY BLIND PEOPLE TO MAKE
OTHERS GRPW WORSER THAB THAT OF THE BAPTIST”

thankyou you’ve just strolled into my waiting jaws.

Nature doesn’t have queers and lesbians eh? WRONG!!!
in the last 30 years more than 450 species of animals have been observed practicing gay behaviour. The only conclusion that can be drawn by this is that gay behaviour is part of nature.

You are a fundamentalist, you are self serving and selevctive of fact. You know nothing.

I wonder how many species eat their young.

point taken but there’s a difference between an act between 2 consenting people and an act in which the rights of a person are taken away by force.

Are you sure about that?
What does ‘nature’ care about ‘rights’?

I have to agree with the devil guy. Consent? Rights? Are we talking about nature or aren’t we?

you’re off the rail a little.
Technically speaking all human behaviour is natural including the formation and abuse of human rights.

In human society there is a big difference between a person taking away someone’s rights and someone consenting to particular behaviour affecting them and the other participant. I don’t want o hack away at the issue here but if you cast your eyes to what FWET said

you’ll notice my response was well justified.

so all your saying is gay events havent happened mych because animals have short term memory so do i all your saying is we destroy earth it plans to backfire its a stand alone complex and about the timecube comments yah sorry im done workin my azz off for that dude he can do his things alone anymore.

im not a christian though i have my aggreements and doubts
by the way sin is good as long as death isnt required for such
a small world like earth :smiley: overpopulation and false education
does lead to cannabalism but earth isn’t as big as it looks so gene
ray has the wrong planet…again (lol).

well thanks evryone peace and prosperity :D.

Another question: Are there signs for Jesus’s coming? if there are what are they?

probably something you would find on google (shrugs) ive done it
got not to bad results either

Depends on the tenets of a particular branch of Christianity. I believe Calvinism advocates heaven or hell is preordained, regardless of good deeds. Others declare good deeds will gain a person entry into heaven. The Mormons accept Jesus as divine, but also accept the tenets set down by Joseph Smith, which is a whole new set of beliefs. The Lutherans differ from Episcopalians, the Catholics differ in the Greek Orthadox and Roman traditions.

Hasooni, aren’t you making a rather unstudied claim regarding the tenets of Christianity, when there is so much divergence within the Christian community.

Ask just about any Christian theologian regarding their particular choice, and they will usually, happily discuss their views with you. Ditto for Jewish theologians. Hum, not so with Islamic theologians. They print articles, but do not respond to inquiries. Some lay people do, but not the theologians.

Hassooni, it appears you are a Muslim, as the concept of God’s religion being perfect. Remember, there are huge splits in Islam as well, the Zorastian (sp) Sunni, Shia. If one is perfect, the other’s must be imperfect. A Muslim living in the West often has a totally different view of Islam, than a Middle-Eastern Muslim. Which religion is perfect Hassooni? Which one is incorrect.

Also, if God is omnicient, omnipotent, why did Allah change from 50 to 5 daily prayers. Why the error in judgement? Just asking. Hum, again, is not assigning a gender to God diminishing a omnicient (all knowing) God?

I hope you understand my point.

All faiths have flaws, just as all humans have flaws. After all, it is humans who wrote “God’s” word, that is if you beleive it is God’s word.