Come clean..

Mick says

Somehow, I don’t think that “trouncing” was in Jesus’ vocabulary, but I am not a religious scholar. From what I have read about Jesus, he wasn’t much of a trouncer.

=D>

Ah a Mormon :wink:
Joseph “Dirty Harry” Smith who founded the mormons carried a gun and was killed in a shootout with the authorities, killing two of them in the process because they wanted to arrest him for having at least 35 wives
The rest of the Mormons fled to Salt Lake City, led by Brigham Young (who had at least 55 wives).
I often wonder whether Smith used to drum up new members for the mormons by firing shots into peoples front gardens, then wave his gun in their faces when they came out and say “I know what you’re thinking punk, did he fire all six or has he got one left… now sign up on the dotted line and make my day…”
Incidentally Smith was a dead ringer for Elvis, i bet his wives found his pelvis irresistible…
Right Elvis?
“Uh-huh”…

You’re not a religious scholar, well good for you honeybun, you’d make an excellent nun -
Jesus said:- “I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children”(Matt 11:25-27)

As for the word “trounce”, it means “to beat” and “to win” or to “kick the crap out of”, so in that respect Jesus was a trouncer of the first magnitude as proven by the fact he has more followers than any other religion you can name :slight_smile:
Jesus said - “I’ve beaten the world” (John 16:33)

EASY RIDER by Mick
A lot of people mistakenly think christianity is all about being squeaky-clean and boring,but the truth is very different because Jesus wants REBELS!
Remember when the waitress asked Marlon Brando the leader of a motorsickle gang in the film “The Wild One”:- “What are you rebelling against Johnny?”
His reply was a classic:- “Waddya got?”
So it is with Jesus, i’ll ride in his gang any time!
Jesus said:- “The world wants you to dance to its tune,but don’t dance” (Matt 11:16/17)
“Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers” (1 Pet 1:18 )
Let’s fire up our Harleys and ride with Jesus :slight_smile:

Cool.

[size=75]
Do you drink?[/size] :astonished:

Remember Blessed be the peacemaker, how about the line regarding those who will inherit the earth. Nope, Jesus was not into battle.

Hum, many of my POV’s are from the Writings of Nag Hamadi, many of which did not make it into the Patriarchical mindset of those who wrote the New Testament many years after Jesus’ death.

:sunglasses:

see you just did it again, you ignored my post, and just pasted in some thing you had pasted on another thread, without honestly taking what I wrote into consideration.

This is what annoyes me and possibly others here, you DO NOT LISTEN to others when they take the time to post something.

Do you really think I need a little (attempt to be funny) post about mormonisms origins. I was raised mormon, I have studied mormonism. (mormonism is more complex than one sentence) I am not mormon any more, but I respect mormons like all people. This is where you need to grow my friend. in respect

And yet, mormonism had nothing to do with my initial post, so why did you single out my background to make fun of it? You are a jerk.

Me mum lived through this too in Plymouth.

You do know that how you spell Amerika is an insult, right?

John 18:11: then said Jesus unto Peter, “Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I no drink it?”

Hint, hint, Jesus did not condone the violence.

The fact remains Jesus did disdain the violence.

Remember Blessed be the peacemaker, how about the line regarding those who will inherit the earth. Nope, Jesus was not into battle.

Hum, many of my POV’s are from the Writings of Nag Hamadi, many of which did not make it into the Patriarchical mindset of those who wrote the New Testament many years after Jesus’ death.

:sunglasses:

Come one someone, ask Bob to step in.

Sure Jesus did rebel against must of what he hated in Judaism. The misogyny, the greed, the acceptance of violence. Remember, he did not say squat regarding polygamy.

I do believe huge chunks of his claims were cut out of the New Testament centuries later. The chunks discounted reveal a very communal, feminist man. Who was the first to see Jesus “rise from the dead.” Who was probably his first convert.

Nope, in my POV the New Testament was cut and pasted to suit the patriarchs of the Catholic church, and much of this holds true for the Protestants as well.

Also, you forgot the bit regarding Smith using a divinging rod to find gold. What a shyster.

I do not trust any formal religion, at this moment Islam is at the top of my list, then Judaism, then Christianity. And I also dislike Confusianism.

I am waiting for the Confusian apoligist to again land. Don’t, your apology is very similar to that of the Muslims apologizing for their faith and their “profit” (intended)

With regards,

aspacia :sunglasses:

You are into attacking all those of others who have divergent believes and advocating your own faith. A friendly reminder from this Diest, If you have fun slapping Mormons, I can have just as much fun slapping down Fudies like you, just as I often slap Muslims on another board, and have done on this board.

Where should I begin Kings, remember the woman eating her child. Paul, Thou shalt not suffer a woman to teach. There is much more.

Sorry Ben, I will hold my tongue as best I can.

Is the light coming on Micky Mouse?

:evilfun:

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread where people have failed to actually read each others posts quite to this extent ever before.

Though, I have to admit, I am ever amused at people re-modeling their favourite religious figure de jour after themselves.

For Mel Gibson, Jesus is an action superhero.

For Mick, Jesus is a rebel who would have liked Star Trek.

For Aspacia, Jesus is a radical Feminist.

For me, Confucius is a scholar.

ect. ect. ect.

It’s wonderful! Especially the raw vacuity of it all!

Perception, perception, perception.

:laughing: =D> #-o

so you like Xun Zi?
What planet are you from? Zoonica, do they have chop sticks are they
green?

^^^^

Ahhh, the subtle wonder of a mildly racist argument

And an artful dodge of the discussion at hand.

Jesus is a rebel, than maybe J. “Dirty Harry” Smith was a prophet! He’s the baddest of bad boys. He tricked people into thinking he was doing a holy translation by sticking his head in a hat with seer stones!

I can see him now riding his Indian Scout to a new land speed record.

:laughing:

SirSwedishMike;

Not only did I grow up fundamentalist mormon, but my mom’s family goes back to the big “dirty harry” smith. They were missionaried in the Netherlands, and helped to immigrate to Utah, where they intermingled with the mormon stock.

I disagree. I think Jesus is the typical tortured martyr. Look at his movie. Look at Braveheart, Payback. Every movie that he’s involved in creating, the lead character is not only a tortured soul, but literally tortured physically. Watching it on screen is disconcerting, but this is what he sees as holy.

scythekain

Holy Sheit! :smiley:

wonderful description scy.

So that you would have to ask this very question.

That’s what christianity worships. The torture of a god/man, who had to die (in apparently an extremely graphic way.), to fix the sin that god created.

A better question is…

Is the only way to redeem sin, to have a blood sacrifice? If so how can christianity with any right sense criticize the mayan, and aztec cultures where they did exactly that?