Does god exist ?

Interesting questions; your post only comes to backup what i’ve said previously that almost every person has a different ideea of what god really is. Exept children under 10 who have no idea who or what god is supposed to be.
There are many things in your post i don’t agree with though.

I got a very clear picture of how the universe came into existence… i could sum it up for you here… but then again you could take the time and read that yourself.

Now… what on earth is a “life force” does that come from a JEDI ? What do you mean by that ?

You bring shame to this well argumented thread about god… :smiley: You’re one of those people who make no sense whatsoever… I had a guy in my high-school class just like you… We used to debate philosophy… and everytime he came up with an argument it was completly incoherent and i couldn’t follow his line of thought… if he had one.
So i used to just go… “aham… interesting… i’m not sure”.

Well here you go mate…

Aham, very interesting idea. I’m not sure what to make of it; give me some time to contemplate what THE HELL YOUR POINT IS. :wink:

I should hope you don’t agree, otherwise it would get boring patting each other on the back wouldn’t it? and Why have a disscusion with someone who agrees, no fun in that. So what don’t you agree with?

You’re right… i moved right to the next arguemnts because deep down i feel these arguments are irrefutable.
And you haven’t really refuted any of them; all you did so far is state that “your personal god” is not above logic/mathematics/laws of physics.

Which by the way is precisely what i wanted to hear from a theist.

Carpathian

I agree. I am the svolach to end all svolaches. Now, that being said, vibration is still motion and motion does not begin by itself according to Newton. So, if there is nothing, no life force to initiate this motion of vibration that at slower speeds becomes detectable to us as matter, which by definition does not initiate by itself, what is your alternative explanation for the beginning, the first cause, of vibration?

time

You ask alot of questions sir, i’ll try and answer as well as i can.

Well my dear fellow you see theologians claim god “created himself” :expressionless: whats the difference between saying that and saying that the universe “created itself” … i don’t know. Exept for the fact that now you got intentionallity… you got “meaning”.

I call this “fake meaning” and “deceitfull intentionality” why ? Well because you can always ask “Why did god create himself?” or “What’s the meaning of gods life?” etc…

Precisely…

You have to distinguish between the simple peasant and the intellectual person.
A theologian might thank god for creating the universe… and peasant might thank god for the bread on his table.

No i never did that because i don’t believe such a creature exists.
Even so he never comes over for coffee or milk and cookies. And i refuse to talk to myself and pretent i’m talking to my god.

I agree with this one.

Nope… nobody is omnipotent; i may have power off life and death over my cats but there still things i cannot do, thus i’m not their god.

ok… i’ll be nice and take life force to be “motion” aswell as the “it” that set everything in motion… hows that ?

Whats my explanation for the begining of motion in the universe ?

Well how about a big boom, an explosion if you will, which pushes everything outwards ?

• “no life force to initiate this motion of vibration that at slower speeds becomes detectable to us as matter,”

This is complete and utter crap; sorry for being so harsh but:

Why only at slower speeds ? do you have any idea how atoms form ?
And how could it become detectable to us as matter… if we ourselves are made of matter ?
It doesn’t become detectable to us as matter because matter needs to already exist for us to exist.

Get it ?

Ok I am going to have to change my sig back to the original, LOL FYI I am a 42yr. Wife and mom LOL

It seems to me god is carved out of the ignorance of how the universe works.

Does Poseidon still control the sea?

So as not to derail this thread, I will answer Carpathian and Kriswest on my old “Vibrations” thread

@ Kriswest

We shouldn’t talk about such young children because they’re not relevant to this discussion.

Good point; at least one type of god is derived from not knowing how stuff works.

I appreciate this… :d However i still have no idea what your Vibrations are…

If you’re reffering to “strings” from quantuum physics then i suggest you go ask Steven Weinberg or Stepehn W. Hawking.

I kind of see that in some ways they are metaphorically speaking of course. But if it is your wish, I fully respect it, then I will find another way to explain. Let me ponder abit.

Hello all,

I’m new to this site. Nice to meet you all. :smiley: My two cents on this discussion so far: I think it would be good to define omniscience as “the ability to know all things that are possible to know.” Then we can move from there. Is that fair?

Connect

Edited to fix wrong word.

lol… no… we can’t… because if we accept that definition we’re all omnipotent… We can all do everything that can be done.

Oh and also… can you define human limits to me ?

Is flying possible ? Could we walk on the moon ? Could we split the atom ? Could we walk on Mars ? etc…
I’m with Nietzsche… No limits… only will power.

Hello Carpathian,

We can do all things? I question the the veracity of that assertion Sir. Can you do ALL things that can be done?

Thanks,

Connect

Yes, very much so.

I can do anything i wish within the range of my current possibilities.

Hey Carpathian,

Are you saying that you have the liberty to do them or the actual capacity to carry them out? Can you bench press 500 pounds, for example? Me too. See, all people cannot do all things that are possible to be done. Your assertion is not accurate.

Connect