Epitaph for the Wicked Witch of the West.

In this Newsnight programme

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … 8_04_2013/

at 1’37" she mentions that she would never forgive and forget those contributing to her no longer being the leader of the conservative party.

This clearly demonstrates that she is out of touch with reality.

As a consequence of her no longer being leader,

did she go hungry?
did she had difficulty in feeding her family?
did she go destitute?
did she sleep rough?
did she lose medical care?

The answer to them all is no.

But these she inflicted with her policies on some of her own people. They have the right to say, “we will not forgive and forget”

Not exactly very eloquent.

We have both. First a crash due to American lending banks selling derivatives of things that did not exist.
And the recession/depression followed.

When was this 2009?

September 2008, I think. where were you?

Thanks. I was living close to Russell Square, London, but I was ill for quite a while, disconnected from the news.

She made it to the top of a sexist government, she ran a country while a royal queen sat in her castle looking pretty. She may have been a bitch but, that bitch broke a trail for others to follow and make better if they are worthy and strong. Damn her to hell if you want but that bitch brought women closer to equal leadership.

P.S. Probably the smartest thing she did was to not burn the apple cart she had upset. Meaning: Changing too much would have jeapordized the future of females in forward thinking in such a male dominant country.Stepping on toes or egos can be hazardous, And not to be insulting but, even Brit women are notoriously stodgy.

Thatcher was a destroyer, destroyers only useful contribution is to give you the massive task of rebuilding.

and this excellent given my exchanges with Maia about whether it is good to be proud of one’s country. :smiley:

That’s not the constitutional role of the queen.

Do you mean stodgy as in fat? I thought it was Americans who were famous for being overweight.

More examples of the unecessary fighting because of being proud of a country. :smiley:

No she meant dull and uninspired.

That’s not what stodgy means.

You can look it up in this dictionary

oxforddictionaries.com/

She set back women’s lib by 30 years.

That is racist.

It does not matter what is says in a dictionary - though you might like to look yourself.
It matters what the person meant by it when they said it.

Stodgy means both things that have been discussed. FYI

Adjective

1. Dull and uninspired.
  2. (of food) Heavy, filling, and high in carbohydrates

No not fat, Stuck in protocol, reluctant to shed comfortable well known ways, snobs about anything that is not their proper way. All to varying degrees.
I notice that is all you got out of what I said and a short comment about the constitutional role of the queen. These two small things were important to you?

No this is about being proud of your country. Maia begin it with the attack on American banks, and Kriswest retaliated.

Once reading about libel and slander law, it is not what the person means, but what the words mean to the person who is recipient. This is worth a check.