Europe ?

The US has changed its name to Fox. Interesting…

We all know Rupert Murdoch is a cnut right? :smiley:

Russia Is pally with China, which incidentally is why the US has not gone down to a AA rating too. China are the new bank o’ the world. :wink:

Russia are not part of the EU, which is atm probably a good thing. :S

The banks caused this shit, and banks are not nations. I suggest people go whine at them if they are looking to blame someone, and no that does not mean the Joos done it before you ask. The banks are temples and many worship at them, but not to the extent I would say they are a religion:-- not yet. :wink:

“I’d prefer the banks were in front of me and my enemies behind me.”

Abraham Lincoln. During the civil war.

Yeah I know what you mean, it’s a silly political thing that most Russians side more closely with Eastern Europe, to the extent no one “technically” lives in Northern Asia. I gave up working out political maps years ago. :slight_smile:

Get over yourselves America [USA], not only are you not the richest, but even if you include the Canadian economy you are still not as rich as Europe…

North America’s wealth has now fallen the most out of any other region in the world, allowing Europe to step up to the plate as the world’s richest continent.
forbes.com/2009/09/15/europe … ssets.html

North America, defined as the United States and Canada, had $29.3 trillion in assets under management in 2008, while Europe had $32.7 trillion, according to a survey by the Boston Consulting Group.

China is now easily the richest single country in terms of assets and loaned money, by such a margin that it is not even funny and given the interest payments it now has on its books and its 1.x billion population it is soon to become much, much richer. But there you go. I think the US is waning as a power at least economically, and it has had its day.

Who cares, I’m tired of Americas infatuation with plutocracy and soft living anyways.

It’s time we embraced solid virtues.

I agree, actually the forbe’s link in my last post tells an interesting statistic, it appears that americans don’t enjoy the living standards of the richest European countries. I guess you guys been spending to much wealth on the military and large telescopes. Probably just how your adversaries like it.

European Union; 15,821,264
United States; 15,094,025
China; 11,299,967

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … y_GDP_(PPP

seems that china’s rich are moving to europe and america, so my guess is that half of that wealth will be coming back to us.

Plan B for China’s Wealthy: Moving to the U.S., Europe

Today, a year later, Mr. Shi is considering emigrating to the U.S.—one of a growing number of rich Chinese either contemplating leaving their homeland or already arranging to do it.
“Things are real there,” says Mr. Shi, who has been trying to learn English by listening to language CDs in his car. "Here you don’t …

online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 18988.html

11 Nov 2011 … Up to half of China’s millionaires considering emigrating for better education, cleaner air and greater stability.
guardian.co.uk/world/2011/no … h-emigrate

The Military is a sound investment, no matter how much SIATD may disagree…

Probably just how the Europeans like it too, as the U.S. has been subsidizing the security of Europe since WWII.

In the beginning, in the first decade or so after the war, this subsidy made sense because Europe was on it’s back, and needed our help. It was in everybody’s interest that the U.S. watch Europe’s back while it recovered.

Since then the subsidy has become a really bad habit that neither party has had the clarity of mind to break. I believe this dependence goes a long way to explain the resentment some Europeans feel towards the U.S.

Europe is as large and as wealthy as the U.S. and is now easily able to afford it’s own security.

As example, if European powers decide an air war in Libya is in their security interests, they should be able to conduct such a campaign with their own people and resources. If European powers decide a campaign in the Balkans is in their interest, they should deal with it, on their own. If European powers decide they want to make sure they’ll be able to buy oil in the Middle East, they should take responsibility for their own energy security. If European powers want to make sure Russia doesn’t become a threat again, they should deal with this issue themselves, using their own money, and putting their own soldiers at risk.

If Europeans are tired of being treated like the little brother, the solution is simple.

Stop acting like a little brother.

Man up, and pay your own security bills.

Then we can have a relationship based on mutual respect, and there will be no need for all this dependency driven resentment.

yup ^^ but…

True, but its also a money pit. I think America could get by with far less ~ as long as it keeps the same amount of investment in tech. …hmm but I suppose you need the resources and command it gives you. There are probably hundreds of billions of dollars worth of investments which could go awry without such a vast military presence!

Someone told me America owns something like 40% of stocks, derivatives and businesses etc in the world, you don’t get that without the vast military to back it up.

So ya I agree with you, you need that.

But its also a massive cost which your competition don’t have to make! That means they can spend the equivalent [as they are as or nearly as rich as you] on other things. For me there is only one outcome to such processes, and I truly don’t want America to loose out in all this [because it’s the only thing keeping Britain from being owned, and I am rather fond of her anyways].

_

Well America spends 4 times as much on health care as it does on its military budget by GDP. It’s not that important a fact but it does put it into perspective.

The UK got owned ages ago, Britain well a little bit before that. I know how you feel, but as a citizen of the UK I think I have to be realistic and say 5th richest nation on Earth but who the hell cares any more…

America 2nd richest, and no one gives a shit either. They do shout loudly but we don’t care any more than anyone cares about the British Empire, or that day where so many men gave their lives to keep China British etc.

America won WWII single handedly, do you ever get tired of reeling out that shit. The allied nations won the war, America joined too late, ended the war sooner: true, but only as profit mongering exercise it never lets the rest of the world forget. You sucked in WWII, you sucked in every war since, no one cares. If you had of joined in 1939 someone somewhere might give a shit. But all you do is rewrite history and talk shit about something you couldn’t be assed to join. You think anyone cares for the big mouthed, lazy idiot and worlds biggest warmongering failure overseas? Since 1945 you have set back the ME 50 years, overthrown democracies all over the globe in your quest for oil, and shat on the world. Get over yourselves. And when you have a moment and are not talking shit about bombing Iran read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Irani … 7%C3%A9tat. Yeah we English/Brittish have much to answer for, but at least we are honest about how shitty we were to people. You are just lying jackanapes.

I said no such thing, but I do get tired of the rather low level of this conversation. Anybody here made it out of their 20s yet??

I get tired of liars and idiots too. But then I don’t rewrite history, claim things that never happened happened, whine at everyone else when I am to blame, throw my toys out of the pram, then pretend my shit don’t stink. I am not an American I guess, thank God.

Anyone here an American who is not backward and full of shit and actually knows real history? Over 20 doesn’t matter, even the average kid has more sense than the shit you posted so far. Go learn history, come back when you can make sense is my advice. I don’t tarnish all Americans as being this stupid, of course that would be racist and of course wrong, but from what you have posted you show a complete lack of historical knowledge, and a sad lack of any cogent argument. I assume you are not the only American in America, because if you are heaven help you.

It’s B.S. to say america won WWII single handedly “Helandhighwater”, but what you said was also complete B.S.

A river in Egypt.

I wonder if that’s actually possible. No idea. But it would be by far the best thing for Europe to be militarily independent. Of course this was far from obvious before, as Europe has existed for two millennia as a cauldron of war. The Unity is enforced in a very large part by the US intervention. The Soviet Union won the war against Hitler for the greatest part, in terms of the price they paid, but in terms of vision of the future and how this future turned out, the US’ one is clearly victorious.

Does Europe have the consciousness and unity (self-valuing) to be a self-respecting “state”? Much will have to change, because right now it seems almost as divided as it was before the Union. The problem is that we do not have shared values, not explicitly so, unlike the US. Americans are heavily divided, but Europeans aren’t even united to begin with. It was a gigantic stupidity to think that a common currency would unite economies and cultures.

Europe needs a modern equivalent of the Forum Romanum, like the US has it in DC, and not a “Brussels”. That city’s leadership is so utterly hollow. As long as symbolic representation is absent, Europe remains impotent.

It’s pretty much what he wanted to say, but he realised that although its what he thinks everyone would think him a ginormous ass if he said it. That’s what I got from what he said. Maybe we need him to turn on the subtitles?

He needn’t of bothered holding back though, everything else he said was such a pile of shit we all ended up thinking it anyway.

What? Are you from Earth, no really because that sounds like something someone who had never lived on this planet might say after watching too much of our TV. Or maybe you just have some weird fantasy superiority/inferiority complex?

What are you talking about are you really from Earth?

What security bills, what are you blathering about?

If you are an example of a typical American I think your relationship is doomed to remain in the bin, and all you will get is disdain. What the hell are you on about? Do you have the first clue about history or Geography for that matter?

Europe is a collection of dvierse nations, not a cliché. Learn that please. I bet the only thing you know about Europe you learned from watching The Simpsons, your knowledge is breath taking only in its lack. :wink:

Debatable to say the least. Looking at what happened, the cold war and the vast waste of the USs golden age I’d say The Communist nations are looking like the winners of that one, hell China have made out like bandits. And Russia well they didn’t win the war any more than the US did either but after governmental shifts there is always a period of adjustment.

I recommend that you include the name of the poster you’re quoting. Just for clarity’s sake.

It’s funny how a system entirely dominated by banking interests, is called “Communist”.
The Soviet Union collapsed. The US did not. Russia is now 100% pure blood capitalism. It’s just that the resources weren’t divided equally when it started. But then, when has that ever happened?

The EU turns out, to my disgust, to be nothing but a puppet of these rating-agencies. Moody’s can say “France is now BBB+” based on some entirely opaque, and given their history almost certainly misinterpreted data, and entire Europe gets on its knees, worried as hell, and milks its population some more. No politician (who is not made out to be a fascist) ever asks why, when and how these agencies got to power. They declare acts of war on supposedly sovereign nations, destroying their economies, transferring all riches to the banks they apparently serve.

I don’t like communism one bit, but to call what is happening now communism is extremely stupid.

Er what are you talking about, I was talking about the cold war, I have no idea what you are talking about when you refer to Europe. Who said Europe was communist anyway? Not really sure what you are saying here. And the cold war was a disaster whose only benefit was to stifle a great deal of progress that could of been made had it never happened. I’d personally say the only winner was the arms manufacturers and companies.

The posters name is in the text why bother using his name in the tags, its obvious who said what as well?

Youre talking nonsense as i see it. The cold war was a grea impetus to afvancement, both moral and technological. Only since the sowiet union fell is the US wasting and indebting itself disproportionally. Id vote for another cold war Duality equals potency.