Fallacy of Subjectivity

Why that perhaps? Are you not sure about your dasein driven opinions?

Please explain that.

Again, do you consider my bitch rational or not, and why?

Let us first decide whether she is rational or not. and, if we both find that she is also rational like us, i will certainly pass you invitation to her.

Not only on the earth but under the sky also
, this simply means that you/we have to decide first what is the exact definition of rationality, only then we would be able to judge whether anyone is rational or not.

But, you are avoiding this essential step, and want to judge one’s rationality as per one’s opinions. That is putting horses behind the cart instead of ahead.

What if you are asking to any such person about his/her opinions, who is not rational (according to our heads) in the first place?

Again, my bitch can also deduce dead fetuses. Are you ready to consider her rational just because she can also realize this objectively?

What is the exact limit of the knowledge/intelligence/wisdom in rationality according to your head?

Again, all these things can be discussed only when you agree with my conditions, otherwise not.

For now, we are going to limit our discussion only to how one ought to post at ILP, and we are trying to finalize the definition of rational people for that.

But, you still did not answered my question; why are you repeating note to others even on those issues which are related to the heads only?

I hope that you would not avoid answer next time.

On the contrary, it is very much related to what you said. I will explain that below.

Agreed.

Now, we are back to square one again, as you are now proposing to leave the decision making on those who are rational enough to use the tools of philosophy. Right!

That is why i am asking you again and again that you have to define and find rational people before anything else.

So, again, are you ready to consider my bitch also rational, or not, and why?

Iamb, you did not answer my above mention question but avoid it. Please answer it next time.

What purpose that would serve? If they tell about daseins, would you leave yours and accept their version? And,if not, why are you asking them to tell their daseins?

Instead, it is not me but you, who are dodging the discussion about fallacy of subjectivity all along by not agreeing to my petty condition.

[b]Note to others - I am ready to leave the decision to others, but only those whom are considered rational by both of us. Or, if Iamb agrees that all posters are rational here. I am ready to have voting on this. Not only that, i am ready to leave this exclusively to the mods also, if Iamb agrees and considers all mods rational.

But, i have only one condition. Iamb has to define rationality in the first place, and explains me why he considers anyone rational.[/b]

See iamb, i am all in for your note to others. Now, tell me which option suits best to you! You would not find more liberal opponent than me, ever.

Iamb, you did not address above mentioned portion also.

Iamb, you did not address above mentioned portion also.

[u]There is no wiggling out from my end. I am merely setting a mutually acceptable base line for further discussion.

First of all, we have to define rationality.
Then, we have to find rational people.
Then, we will ask them how one ought to post at ILP.

Only then, we would be able to discuss anything else. Otherwise, the discussion would not serve any purpose, because you keep behaving according to your dasein, and me as mine, and as the result, we would keep arguing merely on how one ought to post at ILP, instead of how one ought to live.

Or, if you want to bypass all that, agree to my terms and your wish would be granted immediately.[/u]

Note to others - Please decide whether my approach is right or wrong!

I have already given my consent to your proposal regarding this. Not only that, i have provided you many options there also to choose. You cannot complain now.

It is related to you by all means, and you and others also understand this very well. This playing innocence of yours does not appeal anyone. All posters at ILP very well understand when anyone is merely pretending and when he is actually innocent. You will realize this too, if you ever agree to voting or any other kind of arbitration.

Iamb, you are not as smart as you think. And, others are also not as fool as you think.

Again, we are not discussing god here but how one ought to post at ILP, and god has not given any direction regarding that.

But, when i gave your objective argument to by bitch, she refused to acknowledge it as an objective proof. She claimed that it is merely in my head. She also asked to show ILP and this thread on the ground. How am i supposed to convince her that ILP exists in reality?

But, in my subjective opinion, that is not reasonable. Like you, i cannot help it either. So, now what?

And, my frame of mind for making rules is embedded in my dasein.

If that is true, it means that we will never able to decide how one ought to post at ILP?
And, if that is also true, we would never able to even discuss how one ought to live?
Right or wrong?

Again, leave all that for later. Let us first decide how one ought to post at ILP, or define rationality and find rational people to decide that for us.

Yes, as i assert, of course, according to my head. Do i not have that right like you?

There are many other options still open for you, like general voting, mod’s opinion etc, if we can agree on the definition of the rational people. Or, you can leave the thread. Or, you can continue, if you want. Choose anyone that suits you the most. I am okay with all.

Then, choose the option of define rationality, finding rational people, and leave the dispute to those to decide for us.

Does that not mean you are conceding that there must be some rules even regarding those issues also which are or the purely in our head types?

But, when you claim that every in the heads only types of issue is merely the product of any particular dasein, and thus can be subjective only, how on the earth can you ever expect that to give you the whole objective truth?

All that still does not answer my question, thus i am repeating it-

But, where are we in the same boat? Did not accepted that you consider jaywalking not as hideous crime as a murder?
Explain me how a subjectivity like you can ever conclude that without relying on objectivity?

If you do not believe in the god, how you concluded that a jaywalker is not worthy of capital punishment?
By the way, i consider Nietzsche your the God, not anyone else. Did he told you that only a murderer should be hanged!

But, how all that resulted in asking me to prove that jaywalker should be hanged?
Gone with the objectivist flow!

Of course, you are wrong most of the times, but contrary to your claim, you are not willing to admit it ever.

with love,
sanjay

Again and again and again and again: I am certain of things that all of us seem [objectively] able to be certain about: mathematics, the laws of nature, the logical rules of languages.

Dasein [as I understand it here and now] revolves only around the existential relationship between identity, value judgments, conflicting goods and political economy. Out in a particular world of conflicting behaviors.

And not as dogs discuss this, but as we do.

The bitch is rational to the extent that we can speak of rational behavior in animals that are driven more [considerably more] by instinct.

It might be like speaking of human behavior as rational in a world entirely governed by the immutable laws of matter. A wholly determined world in which no living [or non-living] entity can do other than as it must.

Now, point this out to your bitch and let us know how she responds.

Are you going to respond to this…

[b][i]But suppose someone also likes to taste them? Suppose the puppies were bred only to be consumed at a meal? In, for example, South Korea.

Would your bitches then be able to join ILP in order to discuss that? And how would those of our own species debate this here such that it could be determined that eating dog meat was reasonable or ethical?[/i][/b]

…or not?

Note to others:

This way [of course] he never has to address the points that I raised on 4/1 above.

Note to others:

When an objectivist of zinnat’s ilk is reduced down to charging folks like me with avoiding answers to their questions what they mean is that the answers that you give to any question are not the one that they would give. Heads they win, tails you lose. Let’s call it, say, the Satyr/Lyssa Syndrome.

Unless of course I’m wrong.

As for all the rest:

me [from zinnat’s perspective]: blah, blah, blah
zinnat [from my perspective]: blah, blah, blah

The substantive points that I raised on 4/1 remain dangling…unanswered.

Shall we take them to a new thread?

Being rational means being objectively subjective. All rationale is subjective. But objectively, one is either being rational or not.

The dasein world is the result of people being objectively irrational.

Notice how James immediately brings this all down to earth regarding behaviors of his own that come into conflict with others.

Not.

Notice how Bigus immediately attempts to make it personal when he has nothing relevant with which to counter.

with love,
sanjay

Iamb,

As you are on the losing side here at this discussion with me, which is evident from your continuous shorten replies, and you avoidance of addressing of many points/questions that i raised. But, i would not let that happen. I will constantly keep remind you and others too.

Note to others ; please note how Iamb is not able to address my many points.

Iamb, i hope that you will answer above mentioned points also along with the post i made above.

with love,
sanjay

True.

In simpler terms -

Objectivity is basally about keeping an honest, sincere and a continuous intent and efforts alive for betterment/perfection regarding all issues.

with love,
sanjay

This sounds just like something a Serious Philosopher might say. You know, technically. On the other hand, for all practical purposes, mathematics, the laws of nature, the logical rules of language etc., are construed by me [and others] to be true objectively for all men and women.

Probably not, right? On the other hand, I can take one hamburger out of the frying pan and put it on a plate. Then I can take another hamburger out and put it on the plate. Then I can say, “there are two hamburgers on the plate.” And this is true objectively [as I understand it] for everyone.

But if Joe tosses the hamburgers in the trash can and says, “it is irrational and immoral to eat meat”, I would argue that this is just his own personal opinion reflected subjectively in a particular political prejudice.

A sort of “ordinary language” approach to these things.

Unlike the language that you and James have concocted “by definition”. Up in the stratosphere of scholastic bullshit. Unless of course it’s not.

Note to others:
Am I meant to take this seriously?
Do you?

Note to others:

What really, really, really important point is he making here that I keep missing?

Note to others:

How is this not basically, well, babble?

Of course you train soldiers to be soldiers. But how do we then train philosophers to differentiate between a just war and an unjust war?

When do subjective opinions rooted in political prejudices become the “objective truth”?

And how does zinnat respond to this given the argument that he is making in the OP?

Note to others:

Has anyone ever seen zinnat and James together at the same time and in the same place?

Seriously though, along with Phyllo, I have come to view them rather affectionately as “My Three Stooges”.

A tip of the hat to Tom Wolfe of course.

He said in jest. :wink: