Fear and Wisdom

The are not neccesarily contradictory since one statement has an object and the other does not. One speaks of fear in relation to a specific person and the other makes a statement about fear in general. I’d go with the biblical directive. If you do not fear the only God of the universe then you have no wisdom and no understanding. Whether you think you do or not matters very little.

Dear tfdmissmatch,

Thank you for your criticism. I haven’t read a … hehehehe. Pardon me, just enjoying myself. I have to censor myself because I don’t want to annoy you too much, but I have thoroughly enjoyed your response. All I can say is God bless literalists. hehehehe. What suggested I might be inclined to Christianity? I belong to all religions yet belong to none, because I’m an unrestricted member of the human race. Yes, I quote the Bible all the time, because it is one of the greatest books of wisdom every written. Perhaps you should read it?

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. John 14:17, KJV

1. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
  2. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
    (Psalms 82.6-7)

(to Jews about to stone him for ‘blasphemy’ and God-presumption:)
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
(John 10.34)

Whatsoever is, is in God. (Spinoza, Ethics, 1677)

God is the indwelling, not the transient cause, of all things. (Spinoza, Ethics)

Wherever you turn, there is the face of God. (Koran, 2:109)

I say that we are God. If some can’t handle that, or believe the divisive propaganda that seeks to put the control of people in the hands of a few divinely inspired folks, I can only accept that reality is not for everybody.

Note the alleged quote of the alleged man Jesus in John 10.34 above. I feel in good company with Jesus or whoever inspired that quote. Actually, the fact that it has not been edited out or rewritten by ecclesiastics long ago is an effing miracle.

As an aside, all quotes except the last would be considered those of Jews.

But I’m a Taoist really. What would I know about God?

I’m a lamb really, but a wolf for the truth. Give me a nice jugular vein any day. I love this quote…

He who wants to wrestle with wolves should have claws of bears. (Swedish)

Hoping I receive more stimulating feedback. It’s all good!

Jesus was not saying that everyone is God. Look at verse 36.

36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.

Jesus proved his divinity by what he did. Can you?

Sounds like a tall order Ned :smiley:

August 8, 2006

Dear tdfmissmatch and all the world’s formalists,

Please see my “apology plus” in the new thread “We Are God…” (by Luxin)

Have a great day!