God Hates Shimp

Thirst, this will probably be my last post in this thread because, once again we’re going nowhere (and I have other things I prefer doing. :slight_smile: )

Your attempt to change the topic from fundamentalist xtians to fundamentalist muslims is IRRELEVANT because this post is about the double standards of fundamentalist xtians – not Muslims, Buddhist, Taoist, or New agers. The post is about fundamentalist xtians who carry signs claiming the ‘hate’ god has for some of his children.

OK, back to the photo: In summary the point is this.

The xtians with the ‘god hates fags” signs ARE IGNORING THE WORDS AND LIFE OF JESUS (love, compassion, non judgmental etc) and going back to the OT to pull out ‘god hates’ pieces to reinforce their prejudices.

The gay rights activists with the ‘god hates shrimp’ sign ARE (ALSO) IGNORING THE WORDS OF JESUS – PURPOSELY and going back to the OT to pull out other pieces to highlight the double standards of fundamentalist xtians. (i.e.cherry picking)

As soon as the xtians update their reference to take in Jesus (oh, the irony :unamused:) – perhpas 'Jesus loves fags’ ? – then the gay rights activist would need to update their sign to read 'Jesus loves shrimp’. Get it?

On a personal, and much more important, level, why are so many xtians, like you, so angry, so combatative, so aggressive in these forums? Do you think you/they may have missed what Jesus was all about?

Jesus was about the heart, not the head with all its rules, arguments, laws and rituals. Surely, it’s your heart (consciousness) that you’ll be ‘judged’ on, not how many arguments you win?

Ironically, the person who taught me most about practicing real Christianity is an atheist – my best friend. I might make a thread about him one day because there are very few people in this world who have blown me away like he has, particularly his lack of vindictiveness and compassion for people – including those who have treated him like shit.

In the future, it may be helpful NOT to start a thread that is going nowhere to begin with… :slight_smile:

1. All Christians are liberated to eat shrimp, according to their doctrine.
  2. All Jews are still required to abstain from shrimp and other of these types of food.
  3. Jews and Christians are required to abstain from sodomy.
  4. I made these points early on.
  5. The transition occurred naturally and you CHOSE to engage in it.
  6. Why don’t you just stop whining and admit you posted this either out of ignorance or maliciousness?

Hey, I complete agree with you. The hypocrisy of these types of Christians is plainly visible.

However, asserting that ‘god also hates shrimp’ as a parallel to ‘god hates fags’ is misleading.

Does not apply to our original points.

I am an atheist, and a devout one at that. Don’t assume jack shit. It is ignorance that angers me. It’s atheist like you that piss me off. Atheists that don’t know their elbow from their asshole. I believe in might makes right, not god almighty. I don’t much care for the message of Jesus, but when I speak about it, I try to get the facts straight.

-Thirst

I think God’s just allergic.