gods plan

Just a word of advise; focus a little more on what you DO know, less about the tremendous amount unknown. Always begin from where you are, not from where you would like to be, else you will never actually get there.

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” … from wherever you are.

the only place I am going to get is dead…I don’t have a problem with not knowing things…

Then certainly don’t start there … and take your time getting there.

I don’t think any true believer in the Christian god has come forward yet…if it is so good why doesn’t someone on ILP tell us exactly how good it is…

You got answers.

Why do you reject every answer given to you without explaining your reasons?

You don’t like them?

You want something different?

You know that they are wrong?

You would prefer that someone posts that all will suffer eternal torment in a lake of fire except 144,000 who had been chosen at the time of creation?

What are you up to? What exactly do you want?

I said it. You are just not hearing me.

I don’t see you as a true believer of the trinity and the heaven/hell thing…have things changed for Christians…

Then ignore all I say.

I am sorry…will you proceed

You needn’t apologize to Jimmy, turtle. What would Socrates’ next response be to him?

Turtle, why do you call yourself “turtle”?

Then ignore all I say.
[/quote]
I am sorry…will you proceed
[/quote]
You needn’t apologize to Jimmy, turtle. What would Socrates’ next response be to him?

Turtle, why do you call yourself “turtle”?
[/quote]
arc—good response…I hope jimmy/james can tell me why I call myself turtle…I don’t know…but he knows

arc—good response…I hope jimmy/james can tell me why I call myself turtle…I don’t know…but he knows
[/quote]
That’s easy.

You only ever show your head, limbs and tail. When challenged, you retreat even those tiny bits into your shell. :-"

That’s easy.

You only ever show your head, limbs and tail. When challenged, you retreat even those tiny bits into your shell. :-"
[/quote]
We all have shells, phyllo, some can be seen more than others. And how do you know what the method to his retreating madness is?

But I AM curious as to why you call yourself turtle. I have an idea but am probably so wrong.

This is a philosophy discussion forum. He posts here often. Yet his posts are usually contradictory, unsupported, and undefended. He runs away from the discussions he initiates.

Consider this thread. He asks for something. Then he rejects answers without explanation. Then he says that he doesn’t know. Then he asks for another answer to the same question.

He must know something. He must want or expect something. So what is it?

I am very slow…but I get there

Get where? You said that the only place that you were going is to being dead.

Where do you think that you are actually going?

Death comes before life… so going back to wherever we spawned from, the void, the universe. Back to the Comet.

I hate to break it to you, Artimas, but there are many intermittent deaths which we experience before that final one. That one might just be the easiest - unless it’s a violent one.

And how does death come BEFORE life unless You believe in reincarnation…

He probably thinks of death as a state of non existence, not as ceasing to live.

lol That was somehow funny to me. I can’t see the distinction between the two but the thought which did come to me was that some people just can’t give up the ghost. lol

Maybe you can propound on that.