Had a Weird Idea:

I fear that Kris is far too slight for Kathy :laughing:

Okay, what is your recommendation?

I still say Kris has her personality.

I still have to think up a way to lead in to all of this:

the narrative.

By the way, it will have a voice-over.

Anyone opposed to that?

It’s the only way I can condense everything that would go on on a board like this and keep it focused on the main character.

Flash:

Lizbeth:

You’re the Alice now.

Well… I like to tap into all aspects of the self… and that includes my sexual side, as well as my fun side, and my crazy side, and my thoughtful side, and my introvert side, and my voyeur side, and… I could go on :confusion-shrug:

:laughing:

Put Bates, Perlman and Hepburn(who was very salty and brash) Together and it might be about right. :slight_smile:
All also are loving, kind and maternal as much as they would not hesitate to knock you down or shoot you. Family and friends come first. Work is fun and laughter and anger will take turns. The world is an adventure even the crap. All is art.

Yeah, having lived in the Midwest for much of my life, I think I’m zeroing in on you. I did a lot of thinking about this last night at work. For instance, the first thing I see about your character is that while the writer commits, as part of the project, to always ask the other members to meet him in places outside of their homes (for their own sense of security), and most of members tend to act on the offering, your character is the only one that more or less says: hell no, you’ll come here to my house and have a beer on my porch! Besides, you need to meet my dogs. Will you need a ride from the airport?

When the main character gets there, and pulls up in the rental, he finds himself accosted by a welcoming committee of hound-dogs and finds himself on a beautiful rural estate with a small house. But the house will have to be close to a big city. This is because after the main character gets fucked over by the joker and satyr character, all he has is the gas in his rental to drive back to your place where he can re-group.

Of course, what will come up in the conversation and the voice-over will be the way he misread you when he first encountered you. Of course, in that voice over, the point will be made that what changed the dynamic was our common love of beer.

The key point of your character amounts to comfort as compared to the player’s game he finds at other places.

Okay, but what Thandie Newton are we talking about: the more innocent one from, like, ER or the one from the movie Rock-n-Rolla? I would be little surprised if it was the one from Rock-n-Rolla because you never came off as that intimidating to me.

However, if it does involve the one in Rock-n-Rolla, I imagine a snatch of dialogue like this:

Magsi (putting on her make up after a fashion show): so Mr. D-6-3, are you stalking me?

D63 (submissively): Yeah. Sort of. But if it makes you feel any better, I’ve been stalking the whole board for the last month.

At that point, she just smiles and invites him to a really upscale party. In a sense, she sees the mess he is, to some extent, and takes him under her wing.

The idea is to fuse your character with Lizbeth’s character model daughter.

And, yeah, Pav, I can easily see the Ben Affleck character working. In fact, I would propose a Matt Damon in it character when the main character meets him.

The thing to understand here, Pav, is that movies are a kind of discourse. And you tend to see different dynamics repeated, but with the difference of a given project’s interpretation of that dynamic. Take for instance the way the corporate mentality has been taken up in many different ways: Micheal Douglass in Wall Street, Ron Livingston in Adaption, Alec Baldwin in 30 Rock, and Portia de Rossi in Better off Ted.

The thing is, guys, I’ve thought a lot about this a lot last night. In fact, I couldn’t even listen to my audio book.

Several ideas to add to the brainstorming part of it:

1. It has to be done in a montage manner that includes a voiceover narrative by the main character. I know that kind of thing seems less than fashionable; but I don’t see any way around it. The Idea would be that it would be as much an essay on what we do here as well as a narrative. The montage approach would be necessary as well. For instance, rather than just show what we post on the board, why not have the actors do it as a kind of monologue spliced in between the actual story. This would make it an actor’s movie.
  2. The voiceover narrative would make it a writer’s movie as well in that it would allow me to cover a lot of the philosophical issues at work here. For instance, it would allow me to explain the history of philosophy boards that would peg the old ones, such as MySpace and Yahoo, as the wild wild west and this as the next evolutionary step. To give you another example, the main character would describe his bad habit of closing with “love ya, man!” Then when either his editor or lawyer calls him, during his hangover, and gives him the go-ahead on his project after complaining about him calling them drunk in the middle of the night, they finish with:
    Oh! And by the way: Love you too, man

To which the main character grabs his forehead and snorts:

Christ!

And one the themes throughout it all would be the main character’s desire to understand trolls a little more. This would end the movie in that having an associate track down a major nemesis, the main character waits outside his house only to find him lowered out of van in his wheelchair then pushed into his room where the writer watches the computer screen light up his nemesis’ face.

Then it ends with the main character just going:

Huh.

The credits would role up with the different actors reading their respective posts on this board in a kind of collage.

Denzel Washington ftw.

d6, I like it.
smears, Ashton Kutcher

God no. Maybe Bill Murray.

hmm, no he is too annoying how about a controlled Eddie Murphy?

How about his brother Charlie Murphy?

Not familiar, anything like Charlie Sheen?

blacker and funnier

OMDs Kris! Smears is so ‘Charlie Sheen’ - good call :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: yep and Martin too.