In the Image of God

Where does “image of God” appear in the OT?

What version of the Bible is that from?

KJV.

I am puzzled why JSS refers to Adam in Genesis 1 as Genesis 1 only refers to adam (humankind) not Adam (the individual).

I suspect that is because “adam” doesn’t mean “human kind”.
“Ahdam” refers to the confining of the loose, undisciplined, wild spirit.
“Human”, the HUE of MAN, refers to the lower order, base substance of which Man is made.

Adham with an upper case “A”?

There was only one - the definitive article (Ah-dam).

You may possibly need to do your research on the use of the word in Hebrew (especially in Genesis 1).

Or you.

James, you already know I have as you have common sense but I cannot source any references stating your position.

The purpose of man is one of the few things the Bible explores exhaustively enough that we don’t have to wonder about it. It seems pretty clear that the worship of and obedience to God is the main purpose of man. Creating things certainly seems to be a part of that, as rearing/increasing families is a big theme, and so is the development and preservation of nations, people’s, and so on.

As far as us being in the image of God, I sort of see it as the reverse of the idea that we created God as a superlative version of ourselves. However you slice it, the Christian God and humans are alike (and unique from the rest of the universe) in the way they ponder the universe around them, place moral value on what they encounter, choose to react to it in certain ways, and so on. “Being in the image of God” seems to be personhood.

Serious research involves far more than merely looking up what someone else might have said about something.

James, I already know that, and you probably know I already know that, but your claim was that the use of the word in Genesis 1 was with a capital A.

Agreed, but what specific aspects of personhood?

The image of God is the human desire to be whole, mentally, physically and spirituality–to see this wholeness as the proper situation for person, society, planet and universe–to be as God us–whole.

I think you are describing reconciliation rather than the “image of God” as, according to Gen 1, the desire you describe comes somewhat after the act of creation.

Is God’s image the online page of Forbes? The page is the result of anything, and is the reason of anything? Same applies to a tax return experience, or a group of friends at a College sorority house - there’s no evidence that news media is never because of the group of friends at the sorority, or the tax return experience in Spain, therefore one could say that either the tax return experience or the sorority house is God’s image, because either is never just post.
God’s image is the absence of cause, but no cause is currently without definition.

Only the last sentence makes sense to me. For the rest “Manure of a large domesticated animal”–Buchwald.

What didn’t you understand about the previous sentences?