Interesting Alex Grey painting

lol :smiley:

The image of the man is an image of Jesus. The original is very detailed. He alsways includes images of what he calls “beings from wisdom traditions” which are basically Gods from all kinds of religions. He is portraying his idea of oneness in the univers. Alex Grey paints images of his “visions” that he sees while tripping on hallucinagens. I am a fan of Alex Grey… but I am biased as I am a huge fan of Tool which is how I descovered his work. He has a movie available to watch on netflix called The Chapel of Sacred Mirrors which he shows a gallery of his works in great detail and talks about what the images mean. I think it’s interesting and many of the images are fascinating. I recommend the flic if you like his work or are curious about it.

I mentioned Grey over at toolnavy yesterday, small world.

I love Alex Grey’s work, but one must digest it in parts, not all at once.

Computers to make art? Burn him at the stake.

That is not REAL art. Wooden sticks with brushes at the end are inherently artistic; nothing else.

So what is real art? :wink:

The first picture look like some computer graphics.But both the picture are very nice and interesting. I feel the same with the first picture that it is religious.

Lame, ugly, and tacky. But let’s not forget our company…philosophers :laughing:

Any bullshit sauce to go with your chakras?