Intollerance of Jews, Muslims and US cults:

I’m happy to be one your e-friends :slight_smile:

Aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd…Now i’m a burden to Dan~ :frowning: .

This topic could of, once upon a time, had philosophical relevance. we could of discussed cultural relativism. we could of discussed human rights. we could of discussed whether or not religions as a WHOLE are good or bad or whatever.
but no. instead these postings are blatantly ignorant and racist. instead we have digressed into a meaningless conversation that should clearly be in mundane babble.

instead of asking whether or not a specific religion should be tolerated, maybe the question is: should religions be tolerated?
or, perhaps, instead of saying that you, dan/chimneysweep/etc, don’t like Jewish forms of circumcision you could talk about circumcision as a whole…
what about female genital mutilation?

The point is this: Philosophy, most generally, is about the love of wisdom.
The posting is an affront to wisdom altogether.

You can feel free to contact me through email if you want to discuss this in private.

Ahhh… we come to the centre of subtlety. I think a web page or essay is too much. The relevent mechanism is most closely approximated in this medium by discussion threads like this. It is multilateral discussion that moves us toward truth, not unilateral proclamation.

It might look like an impossible task but, while the enemies body is huge his mind is miniscule; and you’d be surprised by how much people actually do hear you.

Ouch, im not circumcised, but ive had the “carpet burn”. I thought circumcised guys would not be as sensitive to it, especialy if they were circumcised from birth. Wouldnt that area be less sensitive as it would be more used to touch?

Donnie, you are not a “burden” to anyone.

Can you imagine the pain people who love you would feel if you were dead, and at the same time, this is an absolute “relief” from the “burden” of all of your needs, sins, errors and weaknesses.

You are not a burden. We are good friends, very good friends, IMO.

I think it should be illegal to lie.
Lieing is an act against human rights, because humans should not be exploited and lied to.
Therefor, real proof must be forwarded by anyone who claims to speak the word of God, and even God’s word must comply or fit into a constitution which bans enslavement, fear, hate, unnatural & distorted world views, LIES, etc.

I suppose, but organs like that aren’t too-hard to damage.

But ignorance can be easily cured by a few words.
No real problem, other then the speed of progress.

sorry , maybe i’m just slipping from reality AGAIN…i hate doing that.

Really, all old religions are natural and ordered world views. Economics; now there’s a distorted and unnatural perspective.