Introduce yourself here <-----

Aw, come on. I’m not that hairy.

My eyebrows aren’t that massive either.

…and my head looks a bit different.

Being something doesn’t require looking the part.

Hmmm…I thought you were using the picture for illustrative purposes, as the current consensus is that Sapiens was descended from Ergaster

Anywho, if your meaning of barbarian is variant apes, sure. But we are pretty damned advanced apes, regardless. No other ape has traced its origin to a common ancestor living around two million years ago.

We could be quite barbaric compared to a much older alien race…

Indeed we could, but until a Pierson’s Puppeteer ambles its three legged, two headed, sock-puppet looking self over my way and rebukes my relative barbarism in the typical seductive contralto voice, I’ll maintain we’re the most civilized creature we’ve encountered. :slight_smile:

That’s a worrying thought though isn’t it. Even more scary is that we might never meet a civilised creature at all with which to compare ourselves with, and be shamed. :slight_smile:

Advanced only compared to Earth. We could and probably are much more barbaric than a younger alien race or a million or two. It’s hard to say, but we aint that advanced I would imagine, who knows?

We should probably start a thread about this at this point. :slight_smile:

Would that be in Philosophy, Social or Natural Sciences…or maybe even Religion?

Good point, probably philosophy and or social, depends on what slant the OP takes.

Mundane Babble it is.

Hi, so I’m Celestian and I’m new here.

I’m a little new to reading philosophy and I expect I’ll lurk more than I post, but this site seemed pretty interesting, so I signed up anyways. ^_^;

Welcome, and don’t be shy.

Ask your stupidest questions and pose your silliest beliefs…question everything…

Hello. I look forward to sparking awareness and understanding through the utilization of this website.
Some of my favorite “philosophers” of recent are Nietzsche, Camus, Krishnamurti, Allan Watts, and Lao Tzu. I am a college “student” who knows very little.

Nice meeting you at last, Sylvia.

Love “The Moon and the Yew Tree” and “Morning Song”;

But you really need to cheer up, babe.

And while you might know little, you clearly know a lot more than a lot of people your age.

](*,)

And stay away from gas-appliances of course.

They clearly didn’t do me any good.

Bad way to get high!!!

Hi. I’m a university student from the Philippines. Nice to meet you. :smiley:

Hi there welcome to the mad house. :slight_smile:

Philosophy is crazy-talk. :smiley: