Introduce yourself here <-----

Could you give an example of how it is and if you did would it render the counterpoint wrong by doing so?

Is not.

Hi Guys,I am kenny.
I am new here.Sometimes I face some issues, so its great to have this type of forum. I hope, we will have a great time in discussions and we will gain something new.

My example is this conversation we are having… so it is too…

Hello kenny… this is a great and open place to talk so feel free to jump into any conversation.

Is not. :wink:

Hi Kenny, I wouldn’t take this derail of the thread as an example of the calibre of thread here, it’s much worse than that.

Much worse indeed…

:smiley:

Hello all, my name is Sha’Tara, from the Lower Mainland, B.C., Canada - the big country. I joined this forum last year, talked a bit then got too busy with retirement and other mundane things to return until now. Didn’t know about this intro page. I’d post a picture but don’t have one and can’t see how it’s done in any case (paste doesn’t seem to work). I like the serious and Sirius (space stuff). I’ve spent a lifetime working and observing people, nature, and delving mind-wise into the Cosmos looking for answers to every question my mind dreams up. I’ve done religion and politics, been an environmentalist all my life and love kayaking on the Fraser River. Life has taught me that nothing is ever what I think it is and as I, of necessity change my mind about things, so does my environment change. I have opinions about everything and always looking for new ideas. My goal: to become an Avatar. Purpose: to find answers to Earth’s most galling social and natural problems, esp. wars, overpopulation and the predator process. I believe all things, believe IN nothing. We come, we go, sometimes we return and life goes on. I remember several past lives, my last past life in great detail and I’ve seen myself a thousand years into what people call the future. I work with dreams and currently live in a dream I initiated about twenty years ago and keep returning to night after night, sometimes pushing it forward, sometimes just swept along by it. I am transgendered (not gay, les, or trans-sexual!) so my view on relationships often clashes with common beliefs on the subject. I am a mind-heart being and no longer have a soul (as people of earth call that particular implant). And that’s about it.

to post a pic there is an upload attachement tab next to the options tab below the typing box…

Hey Sha Tara kool to see someone transgendered around… I myself considered that stuff once… had a few past life invisionings myself…mostly when stoned…so…

what is an avatar? you mean from the movie?

Sha Tara, it would be interesting to get your perspective on this thread: http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=178179&start=25

Hi to all,
My name is mark Daniel. I am new to this forum and I reached there in search of some relationship solution. Thanks for welcoming me.
:smiley:

I lurked back to this intro page and found your questions. Thanks for the "splainin’ " about the pic. I’ll look into that when I’m in the mood. To get into the past/future life awareness is very HARD work - and requires a crystal clear mind. I avoid all drugs and am vegetarian because meat carries the terror and the pain of any animal/bird/fish killed for the food, thus totally unsuitable for my purpose.

Avatar: no, not from the movie. I have been “attending” my avatar school and participating in the training for decades now. I see it as man’s next evolutionary step. The avatar is the one who lives between worlds. We interact as normal people on our chosen world of incarnation and with normally unseen beings, including our Teachers who, in my case, do not reside in this universe but come from what they call the Nexus, from hidden worlds. The avatar (in my case) incarnates over and over on a world and becomes a kind of “expert” on what that world’s needs are, then in between lives, learns and develops techniques to help that world overcome its problems. My next turn here is scheduled for about 300-400 years in your future.
My school emphasizes compassion as the primary force to use in bringing about change. I am also taught that “empathy” is a natural sense, tied with ESP, (something man had until recently but it was programmed out) that evolving consciousness develops and Earthians, if they do not destroy themselves first, may come to that in about one thousand years, give or take. Of course once one is an empath it becomes impossible to cause harm or pain to others. I’m working on a “thesis” regarding a plan to bring this empathic re-awakening sooner than projected.

This is already too long. To even begin to explain this stuff would take pages and pages, sorry. If there are individuals here who would want to receive information privately, I would share my email address with them but again, I don’t know what the rule is on this forum regarding this. I am NOT on facebook - that is, I sort of am, but since I found out they won’t let you unsub, I boycott them. Satyagraha!

NM

Hello!
I’m Luke.
I don’t know what exactly brought me here, there are some factors though - my interest in philosophy; I have recently, after some years, found a direction I want to take in life, that, is a problem though. It’s quite a vague “direction”, but I want to apply myself to something, that doesn’t yet seem apparent in society, again there are factors - biology, neuroscience, psychology, theoretical physics, experimental sciences and, of course, philosophy - which wraps them all up into the general direction I want to take. So I was googling philosophy and science, etc. looking for some hints, ended up here.

You might think that with those interests, they can all be applied simply with philosophy. But, I want a scientific background, to carry out experiments where I can exercise my philosophical thoughts into scientific understanding.

It took me a long time to arrive to the conclusion that I wanted to take this sort of direction. I spent a lot of years in discussions with family and friends of what I should do - never concluded anything. I’m 20, I’m working in India, have been for over six weeks now. How did I end up in India?
I have no decent qualifications, yet I am hired as an apprentice and my job roll is basically that of agricultural systems manager.
I’m with a company that is part of an international corp. that farms, processes, trades and sells gherkins!! :neutral_face:
I was hitch-hiking from Amsterdam, where I spent my new years celebrating. On my way to Brussels.
Leaving at 5pm I got one lift, took me on the ‘wrong’ motorway, the next people to pick me up had the idea that if I went to Utrecht I could find my way back onto the right motorway, so they left me in a small village with barely any out-going traffic.
This seemed like a big mess, so what did I do?
I walked down the motorway back into the direction of Amsterdam, regardless that I was about 60km away and understanding it’s illegal.
I expected that I would be picked up by police, that was the hope.
After walking 7-10km (they were slow to respond) they picked me up, I explained everything - that I had no choice (no money).
They took me back to Amsterdam, where I finally got back to the hitch-hiking spot at 11pm.
Not long after, I got a ride to a petrol station (this time on the right motorway) and I saw a licence plate belonging to Belgium, so I walked over to the owner and asked him if he’s going to Belgium - he said yes, I asked for a lift, he said he’d think about it as he went to pay for his fuel.
He came back and I got a lift. A lot of talking, eventually the topic of what I wanted to do with my life came up, my only qualification a First Diploma in Media, and my only GCSE a C in science.
Turns out he is the owner of the international company I’m currently working with, I asked if he had any jobs going, he told me he needed someone in India to do this and that, I said I’d like to, problem he thought was that I have no experience in Agriculture, his plan was to offer this to someone in university studying agriculture. He told me to email him my C.V and to write explaining my enthusiasm for the roll, I did, and a week later he gave me the job.

After not effectively working for so long, travelling since I was 18, working gave me a new attitude in applying myself.
So I started to think what I could DO in life, etc. And came to the conclusion that it would be something to do with everything I’ve mentioned from the beginning.

So it will be interesting to spend time here. I also intend to develop myself through other people’s thoughts, discussing views, etc.

Cheers

:greetings-waveyellow:

kool story… good to have you here may well have stumble across one of the best philosophy forums…

Hi, I’m Dan. I have always been “scientifically minded”, but
never into philosophy. I never question’d reality, wondered
about its ultimate nature, etc. I was a promising strength
athlete until about 8 months ago, when I severely broke my right arm,
now I have a prosthetic radial head, two metak plates, and fourteen
Screws holding it together. I started out, just after breaking
my arm, studying physics, but this quickly brought me to philosophy.
I am still, very much, into science, and also love thinking about
religion, God, psychology, etc. I look forward to discussing
Anything and everything with you all.

Dan

That is an awesome story. I drove from london to the bottom tip of south Africa a few years ago. Your story just made me think that really the two years that it took to work our way through Europe, into asia and then down through africa were literally the funnest and most eye opening years of my life.It’s funny when you get home again and get a job and ‘settle down’ life very quickly shrinks and you don’t really notice it.

can you explain your injury more? What do you mean by “metak plates” and “radial head prosthetic” ?

the shrinking aspect is just a matter of perception if you open your eyes to the many sites of the now, you can see more then you ever chose to see site seeing…

Yes I will try, Abstract. Firstly, that should have said metal plates.
Secondly, the radius is one of the bones in the forearm. The
head of my radius, the bit where it becomes part of the elbow joint,
was shattered beyond repair, so the surgeons replaced it with
something very similar to my original, unbroken radial head,
only made of plastic and metal.
At the elbow, where the three bones of the arm (radius, ulna, humourus)
come together, I had shattered the heads (ends) of them all.
The injury is descibed as a dislocation fracture.
I don’t really know what else to say about it.