Is Scientology a feasible religion?

adlerian, are you trying to give people siezures with your new avatar?

E-meter information:

cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Meter/

and a schematic.

cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Me … emeter.gif

The basic idea is that they measure your bodies resistance, and give you a rating (clarity) based upon that reading.

Dr. S, I honestly would’ve been surprised if you went to a scientologist and they told you, you had good clarity.

It’d be like going to a Christian and having them tell you christ wasn’t real.

I know about the E-meter, which works a lot like a lie detector, but am not sure if that is what they use for the stress test.

Yes, it was a box that looked like a prop from the 1960s version of ‘star trek’, with two wires leading to metal cylindars for you to hold in your hands.
They asked questions like “do you feel angry sometimes?” and “Do you sometimes feel as though you don’t know why you feel the way you do” and other such abstract tripe…those are the only two questions I can recall atm…
But ya…it was interesting. Next time you see some of those guys, go ahead and talk to them, take their test. It’s pretty interesting from a psychological perspective.

No, it isn’t.

Hubman (I think is his name), was a raving science-fiction author anyway. It is apparent he borrowed from a lot of futuristic ideas and threw them together to make a ‘philisophical religion’.

It’s hubbard.
Anyway…read my first post in this thread. The story about aliens and ghosts.
THAT is what they REALLY believe.

I have read Hubbard’s Scifis and others, they are fantastic but, you get the impression the Author is not all there or has a wierd sense of humor. After reading his books I think he simply decided to become a character in his own mind and see just how many people would follow him because he was famous. He always slammed the sheeple in his stories to an extent. Scientology is too reminesent of his story lines and his humor. I think it was developed as a practical joke on sheeple. It would follow his writings more closely then any true beliefs. I like the overlord thing by the way, Dr. S, you must have read one of his books, can’t think of the title now.

I’ve done a lot of research on the topic and Dr. S is on top of it.

Here’s some good reading.

xenu.com/

Meanwhile, I live right around the corner from the Philly branch and have had a dream of joining, not telling them what I really am, and just causing havoc.

That story was a summation of OT3, which is a grade in the scientologist religion. OT3 is the great mystery of life that is revealed to the scientologist, and reads pretty much exactly as I wrote it, minus the humor.
Check out adlerians link, then check this out
lisatrust.bogie.nl/scientology/e … ob-ot3.htm

contenderministries.org/scientology.php
^
A bit of history about scientology here.

Oh, and i read that last link doc.
Scientology looks like another bull-shit to me.
Insain groups deny scientific facts and reality,
and then bam! Religions… :confused:

well duh.

Yeah sure its an official religion. An official religion of a bunch of people who are going to HELL when they die. As long as they realize that I’m fine with it.

If it is a real religion that is trying to change the world, why in the hell would they charge such an insane amount of money for enlightenment? They can’t possibly care about making the world a better place if they’ll sue anyone who tries to share their enlightenment with others for free. I can pick up a Bible or a copy of the Koran or a book on Buddhism pretty cheap. And everything I need to know is right there. Scientology makes you pay for everything, and there is no evidence anywhere that reaching the highest level of “enlightment” (or becoming “Clear”) in Scientology does anything that it promises to do. Not one single great mind has emerged from Scientology. Just gullible entertainers.