Is the need of salvation an evil lie from religions?

If God can forgive 70 x 7 times, I am willing to forgive once for a minor offence and would assume that the victim of that $100.00 (donation) to feed some in his clan, or even some other clan, would share that same benevolent attitude.

People are good and generous by nature and I would assume that the victim of that theft would be a forgiving human as well, after all, food was the cause of the thief and not drugs or some other frivolous item.

Regards
DL
[/quote]
And that God does forgive if there is true repentance within. Actually I sort of wish my parents were that accepting. If I kept chronically screwing up then after decades of this I go to my parents and ask for forgiveness, pretty darn sure it really would not happen that easy. I would suffer first, for a while… If mom were alive she would artistically make it pure hell. Yea , I should choose just prayer and true repentance. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Hmmm.

I think that the 70 x 7 is supposed to show that whether the sinner repents or not, we should forgive without conditions.

Remember that for the victim, forgiveness = closure.

To not forgive and hold a grudge inside is to make ourselves suffer mentally for no good reason. Forgiveness and closure may benefit us more in the long run than the one who has to seek forgiveness.

That one has to live with his mistake and repent for it time after time after time.

Look inside of yourself and if you do not agree, you have not looked deep enough. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I think that from that phrase that says a brave man only dies once while the coward dies many deaths.

Regards
DL

The real question is: If you had an eternity to be bored, go insane, enjoy, feel pain, endure countless things, have to let go of countless things, see patterns and cycles repeat and know that even the end of such an eternal cycle is just the beginning of another and even nothingness is just a momentary sleep before the next somethingness begins, what would you do to keep yourself busy if you were an intellectual eternal idiot easily amused and yet amazingly complex at the same time. I think you would do everything.

And the God of mine that I believe in is the God of Gods and has been the God of ants, of lions, man, of leaves of grass and molecules and atoms, has been each of those things in turn and then more and even has been the vast variety of those things and each thing in turn. This God of Gods that answers to I Am, which is more than the sum of ourselves and our self at the same time and is an actual mortal being at the same time as immortal vestige and while any one can claim to be this I Am, certainly there is an I Am that is more than all of the I Ams to match the title of Lord of Lords and King of Kings; God of Gods.

Obviously, to some extent, many would claim that they are God and they might be right to an extent and many could claim to be God and exemplify the fallible parts of said God, but just the same there has to be others that actually exemplify the other parts of God that are infallible even if they seem fallible.

In this world, regardless of the spoken sentiment of innocent until proven guilty, we are judged so harshly by our fellow men and women at times that we are, indeed, guilty until proven innocent. That is the reality.

I would be very careful of which man or woman that I let judge me lest they judge me harsher than themselves or even just as harshly as themselves if they judge too harshly based on the expected shame or guilt that is placed on them by societal standards as opposed to natures standards. It would indeed have to be a God among men that were to judge me if judgement was worth more than discernment and the full of the story placed properly in context to extrapolate if the measures used were the measures necessary and which mistakes were which, when, where, how and why.

I’m just a high school drop-out. Much of what I know and have learned, I learned on my own through want to know and want to understand and through necessity. I am educated more by the life around me and culture of the world than through any educational forum such as school or college.

Random Factor

What you post is why most who believe in reincarnation include a memory swipe. That is about the only thing that would prevent a quick insanity or suicide.

The problem with that is when one is above for the ninth time, he, eh, she, eh, it would see how boring it all is and would just always want to kill itself.

Perhaps that is why we have people born insane. All they want to do is die and cannot.

Regards
DL

What’s wrong with you? You drop by a couple times a month to create one-sided, fact-free bullshit posts that exist only to attack Christianity. You’re virtually always wrong, and have demonstrated an absolute inability or unwillingness to acknowledge any error on your part no matter how obvious it is or who points it out to you. You don’t even have the courtesy to write original posts for us- you spam the exact same fucking threads across multiple forums all over the internet, including video game forums and other places that have nothing to do with religious discussion. Then when somebody disagrees with your thesis (which wasn’t thought out well enough to be compelling, or written with any particular audience in mind in the first place) you call them an asshole?

How about you learn to actually have a conversation like an adult? How about you don’t raise a subject if you aren’t competant to discuss it, or level-headed enough to deal with disagreement respectfuly on the subject you chose to raise? Why ask a question if you don’t have the maturity to appropriately handle one of the likely answers? Why act smug an aloof about a subject that it is patently obvious you don’t actually know that much about?

Why don’t you go harass more people on video game forums with your anti-religious bullshit. People on philosophy forums are much more likely to be able to see through it.

If anybody here who actually had a background in philosophy of religion bothered to have a debate or disagreement with you, they’d make you look like an absolute clown. So how about you approach the subject, and the people who take time out of their lives to reply to you on that subject, with a little respect? Maybe you’d even learn something.

You’re virtually always wrong.

Don’t be an a hole and I will be happy to chat.

Regards
DL

I have zero interest in discussing anything with you- you don’t have the minerals to make it interesting. I just dropped by to point out how awful you are and how ironic it is that you’d shit on somebody like Zinnat.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

And that God does forgive if there is true repentance within. Actually I sort of wish my parents were that accepting. If I kept chronically screwing up then after decades of this I go to my parents and ask for forgiveness, pretty darn sure it really would not happen that easy. I would suffer first, for a while… If mom were alive she would artistically make it pure hell. Yea , I should choose just prayer and true repentance. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Hmmm.

I think that the 70 x 7 is supposed to show that whether the sinner repents or not, we should forgive without conditions.

To not forgive and hold a grudge inside is to make ourselves suffer mentally for no good reason. Forgiveness and closure may benefit us more in the long run than the one who has to seek forgiveness.

That one has to live with his mistake and repent for it time after time after time.

Look inside of yourself and if you do not agree, you have not looked deep enough. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I think that from that phrase that says a brave man only dies once while the coward dies many deaths.

Regards
DL
[/quote]
Well, you are right to a point. Let me point out that if you forgive someone a sin or crime yet they do not repent what they did, you would be an idiot to let them into your house and heart. You would forgive from a distance. You can’t expect a person to invite an unrepentant person into their home , so why would a God want a bunch of souls in its house that fully intend or may cause harm?
If you want such a God then I am grateful I am athiest. Even if there is a hell and for some bizarre reason I am condemned to it at least I will know what to expect. Though I do interpret only followers get condemned to hell.

I’m here because you called somebody an asshole instead of addressing any of their ideas, remember Eleanor?

This is why I say you don’t have what it takes to make a conversation with me interesting- you can’t manage to avoid impaling yourself on your own barbs.

Hmmm.

Regards
DL
[/quote]
Well, you are right to a point.
[/quote]

I bow to your wisdom. :slight_smile:

The sin should make a difference here. Minor offence like a lie may not matter. A murder will definitely matter.

Sure you could, again, depending on the sin.

Heaven is not a house.
No harm can be done in heaven. We need a policy for heaven and another for here on earth where we can be harmed.

[/quote]
That is not the dogma I know but there are a myriad of dogmas.

Hitler, in heaven would likely end up as a novelty along with all the other ultra insane. The heavenly host, which, like you, I do not believe exist, cannot be harmed by the insane.

Here on earth and in reality, we incarcerate such people not out of meanness, but out of self protection.

We are as close to heaven as we can be here but are hampered by being of flesh and bone. We live in the best of all possible world but have yet to reach the epitome of heaven.

Those who do not genuinely repent and forgive themselves, — as I said above using the analogy of the brave dying once and the cowards dying many times, — are doomed to relive their sin and the pain that caused it. They are to be pitied and that is why the concept of mercy was invented. We have to recognize their pain and recognize that an eye for an eye is too much punishment. I would mot turn the other cheek but would not strike out either.

Regards
DL

I don’t care what you think on the personal level.

I already have an anal orifice. Go away with your personal garbage.

Regards
DL

That Dogma is from study of the actual wording in the Old Testament around the commandment book and chapters. When the God got the people out of Egypt. All rules were set down only for them. And at that point it declares there are other gods. Of course point the wording out to people of the cloth and childish denial kicks right in for most. A few will admit and fewer already know.
I think this planet is only one part of a whole. Energy, time, dimensions. But that is a long post to get into.

Or it could be that it doesn’t actually say that and you didn’t read very attentively.

If you say so.

There is not a being anywhere that does not need salvation from himself/herself, one must worship oneself and one must worship another or there really isn’t any point to existence. Problem is with a Godly ego and the ensuing insanity it causes when that ego runs amok, only one God can wear the crazy pants at a time. Fighting Gods are desperate Gods.

I missed this response while reading this thread. I believe even such boredom can be overcame in time. Certainly it would lead to those things, even to matters of ennui, entropy and even the sense that all that we do is utterly meaningless. But, just the same, when it gets tired of being in such places mentally and spiritually, it might just pick itself back up, learn how to enjoy it all again as if for the first time, set itself to task since its still alive and going, even with the awareness and knowledge of what you mentioned and would find ways to make it meaningful all over again.

I write what I believe and I’m invisible because it is never what you deem appropriate. Kiss me where the sun don’t shine.

You feel invisible, but people see what you say. They don’t always know what to say in response and simply skip right by it, especially if they believe your sentiment to be faulty. Like, I don’t particularly share your sentiment of ‘one must worship oneself and one must worship another or there really isn’t any point to existence.’, but if I were to argue that and give reasoning toward what I said, would you listen to what I said and actually try to understand it or would you argue with me over it? Would you stick to your firm belief that what you said was true or entertain the possibility that you could be right for some and still wrong for others?

Well, I’m not PMSing so who knows. I have no choice but to “listen.” I’ll leave it at that.

Salvation could never be kind enough to you, peasant.

YOU really like this lala land you’ve created and you’re pissed that I reject you all the time now. Your only “in” is through my deviant sensuality and without that constant hunger in me, YOU are lost in the ugly and hateful. Admit that you’re near to giving up. You want a woman YOUR WAY and she ain’t me. Money and Ho’s. Stoopidity like nobody knows except me. shaking my head as per usual. You babe are a lost cause.