Islamic laws. Clear explainations are needed.

yeah i know… this is my point. we are not secular because our society is based upon the ideals of christianity.

yeah but my point is that christian values naturally fit into western society because the two are inextricably linked, whereas islamic traditions and ideals equate with the culture in islamic countries and therefore seem out of place in western society.

that’s what i mean about our society not really being secular… because even though it’s not officially based on christianity or the teachings of the bible, because our roots are in christianity, the general messages have filtered through to secular society and are thus compatible with christian ethics so a christian will rarely ave to choose between law and God. they will naturally correspond.

but because a muslim’s religious law is different, it does not fit into a society in which the laws have derived from christianity… like you say, the 10 commandments and all that.

it is in leviticus i think. i don’t know where i’m afraid but i read it just before i posted that because i wanted to make sure i wasn’t making it up or imagining it!! … just has a quick skim but couldn’t find it.

seriously though read leviticus. there are so many more nasty things in there.

this is for sythekain:

hello. i was about to quote your whole post. but thought that was silly!

i think you may have misunderstood what i was getting at. i’m not saying i have a problem with christianity in that sense… i know that quotes from the bible prove nothing.

i was just pointing out that it’s the same with the qu’ran.

anybody can use anything to try to justify their actions. and if their actions are evil, the justification has to be momentous. ‘christians’ used the bible to justify the slave trade,just as such people espouse their right to bash homosexuals based upon another Leviticus quote about ‘he who lyeth with another man… blah blah…’

i was just trying to say to aspacia that if you pick out bits of either religious text it will appear as harsh and morally unacceptable by today’s standards.

and so asking why she saw islam as the problem and seemed to pick no fight with christianity when ultimately it is no less guilty of the same thing.

Yes, as a Deist I agree. God, if you are listening, quit LOL at us silly humans and HELP. WE REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE.

Once an agnostic, I began reading many scientific texts. Ever notice how the atom resembles the solar system, and how the solar system resembles the galaxy. I believe that eventually, the form of the galaxies will resemble the atom. I may be mistaken. Anyone who’s discipline is astronomy. This is not my area.

:smiley: Just for information. This is from a very right wing, religious settlers group, albeit, I have asked many of their contributors specific questions, including thier rabbis and have received nothing but intelligent responses. They have an agenda, hell, don’t we all, but many of you, especially thirst, may find the following article, and right wing Isralie media source insightful regarding Judaism.

israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=5187

Please, always remember I am not PC, with any religious group, as you have noted by my posts. I was just as blunt with this source.

Not one threat or insult. In contrast, I receive a dance and insults from the many “Arab” media sources. (Not all Muslims are Arabs, but Middle-
Eastern media is described as Arab media. A misnomer to be sure.