Jordan Peterson describes self-valuing logic between humans

??? Are you blind??

You are in a “particular world” right now and surrept just suggested one means of improving your lot (aka “how one ought to live”) in that world.

Why do you ALWAYS ignore advice?? Seemingly from literally everyone … which could substantially explain why you have such troubles with your dasein dilemma.

The issue is not with the subject itself but your apparent obsession with wanting to talk about it at every available opportunity
This is I Love Philosophy not I Love Dasein in case you had not noticed

“you” is analogous to a ball of snow rolling down a hill. It picks snow, rocks, twigs as it moves. And it loses snow, rocks and twigs. But at any moment it is what it is. Since only the present moment exists, it is now what it is. That is the “real you”.

A human has the added advantage that he is not entirely at the mercy of gravity … he can guide the motion.

Let’s just say that his rendition of “describing self-valuing logic between humans” out in a particular world is not nearly the same as my own.

Again, mine revolves more around this:

[i]…conflicting behaviors out in a particular world — as that involves an actual existential examination of identity, value judgments and political power. The relationship between them.

With respect to a particular past, present and future.[/i]

On the other hand, since you never go there with respect to exchanges of this sort with me, I can well understand why you would not expect him to either.

You know, that’s not what James was saying in that post. He was talking about the question “how ought one to live” being answered for you.

But you respond with this bizarre statement. :confused:

Obsession? On only a tiny fraction of all the threads here at ILP do I try to “sneak” dasein into the discussion.

Go ahead, check out, say, the last 50.

And, when your interest in philosophy revolves around the question “how ought I to live?”, and your conclusion revolves in turn around the relationship between identity, value judgments and political power, dasein just struck me as as good a description of that as any.

Dasein: “being there”

And, at birth, being there instead of some place else – and being there now instead of some other time – can make all the difference in the world when it comes to encompassing/embodying a particular identity.

As that relates to accumulating value judgments.

So, philosophically, what are the implications of that?

Feel free to tell us. :wink:

Would the analogy “as above so below” be appropriate for this? Maybe maybe not the best. Definitely an entertaining thought

Above or below what? What particular insight into what particular behaviors in what particulat context in which good and evil are distinguished?

That’s where I’d like to take a discussion with him.

I love how JP stole the notion of self-valuing from VO. Classic.

Yes this is how it must work.

And I also heard an NPR radio host refer to “valuing herself” as a core concept during an interview.

Ahahaha.

This world is just too funny.