Lessons on Causality

The unpredictability/chaos argument is also misused and overplayed in the debate as well. These are observational problems that occur from lacking information… but information content has nothing to do with the function of causation.

Watch, it’ll get real quiet in this thread as they all scatter. Mark my words.

“Bottom line is, don’t tell me what to think, I’m keeping an open mind about a great deal.”

Oh my bad I ain’t even see this. Yeah no the freewill/determinism debate… the fact that there can be no freewill… changes very little about the way we live. The only thing such knowledge is really useful for is to help us understand better why people behave as they do. Without freewill, we are forced to take greater inventory and pay closer attention to people’s environments.

Determinists (I don’t like that anthropomorphic word tho… it’s misleading) are ‘effect detectives’, you might say. Freewillist are weak, lazy, resentful blamers who don’t want to put any work in. Scaredy cats.

You didn’t do your homework. Silhouette already argued everything you can throw at it… and failed, miserably.

I haven’t clicked on your links since one of those bitchute links I clicked months ago. That’s all I needed to see.

Run along now.

This is my house, sonny.

… and tell your step dad I still love him.

Even you, prom, can recognize the difference between free and not free.

Because you are aware of this difference, you are merely hiding the fact that a ‘greater freedom’ is impossible to you, not that (physical) freedom is.

You’re not so stupid to deny the difference between jail and outside. But you don’t far enough. Again, just because something is impossible to you, it is not to others.

If you ever do your homework, then you will learn what I’ve already stated about the relationship of Power to Freedom.

Most people align Free-Will with application, loyalty, and devotion to Society or Humanity. This only scratches the surface.

Hypothetical question: is a Man more free or less by struggling for Money? To have zero dollars or one million? More, or less?

Poor silhouette. No wonder he left.

Did you become a determinist before or after you became a Marxist prom?

When has Mankind ever had the ‘freedom’ to turn his back on the society he was born into? Ever?

When humanity spread across the world, tribes and political boundaries formed, to present, where now every square mile of the globe is private-property.

There are fewer areas to escape into, fewer holes to hide in.

Are you freer away and apart from society, not dependent upon it?

Or within it, under the boots of somebody else’s authority?

Denying those who rule above and dominate you, doesn’t make them go away.

youtu.be/vpqoQ-zGxBM

My god this fuckin guy here. The very definition of obfuscating nonsense. Was this recorded before or after the pill crash he went through earlier? And does he still travel around and get paid to fill college student heads with pancake batter?

“Did you become a determinist before or after you became a Marxist prom?”

Around the Schopenhauer Nietzsche period which was several years before Marx. Then spinoza signed and sealed the deal.

But determinism is an indispensible philosophical element of historical materialism. Critically important.

Right that’s why I asked.
People’s metaphysics tends to align with their sociopolitics, or vice versa, conscientiously or not.

If you’re not free, then you are stupider and weaker, according to Dan~

What say you, prom? Are you admitting that you are powerless, because you have no free-will, and that a child can roll you over?

Claiming there is “no free-will, none” is equivalent as saying that all are powerless, completely. This isn’t true, by common sense.

Power is relative. Therefore, free-will is relative. Yet, relative to what?!

So much polarization, can’t we just let people think how they please?
Isn’t the world much richer and more interesting that way?
Is life not full of variability, and ambiguity, like iam would say?
Must even metaphysics become, partisan?

… and gloom, there is a terrible misunderstanding that goes along with the use of the word ‘determinism’ as an antithesis to ‘freewill’. Extremely subtle, but nonetheless effects the way we think about causality. Your boy satyr is probably the best example of this confusion that I’ve ever seen on a forum board.

There is nothing that ‘determines’ what is going to happen in advance… nothing that holds a future plan in its head (like ‘god’) that then applies teleological forces to make it happen as planned. Such terminology is a fossil of ruling class philosophy of old… that bit about ‘cosmic order’ being the design of ‘logos’ and all that nonsense. Anyway check this excellent post out. This was many years ago at revleft.com

What I’m constantly surprised by, is how few people in the world actually believe in free-will, that it’s even a possibility.

It’s one thing to deny it to yourself. It’s another thing to try to deny it to everybody else, out of spite. This forum is capable of teaching the latter.