Logic and Absolutes ( Not Vodka )

She seems to be referring to (although perhaps not realizing it) how much physicists have become nothing but mathematicians lacking any clue as to what the equations are physically referencing. That is a pretty well known issue and I can verify that it is a real issue.

In addition, she gives me the impression that she never caught onto the fact that the equations really do have physical references even though the typical physicist has never really thought about it. Physicists are technicians. They don’t design the ontology they follow. And more recently, the efforts of certain ontology designers have built an ontology of strictly mathematics (such as Quantum Physics).

Every proposed architecture of truth is an ontology. Every time you ask if something is real, you are actually asking if the ontology mentioned fits experience. All truth from all sources is in the form of one ontology or another (too often mixed yet not matched). An ontology is merely a concept language. There can be many. Usually none of them entirely match reality, but ideally they could and several different ontologies could all match reality even though they are different, much like a truth being spoken in many languages…

For example, I designed “Affectance Ontology” (as we are discussing) and Fixed Cross came up with “Value Ontology”. Both describe the make of the universe in their own way. It is possible for both of them to be 100% accurate. Although I could never get FC to precisely define his ontological elements well enough for everything to be verifiable. My Rational Metaphysics requires that any ontological proposal be very well defined, logically consistent throughout, completely comprehensive, and relevant to its use. I ensured that RM:AO met that standard.

The affectance noise part of the ontology is pure logic, very little math is required (math being a subset of logic). The simple fact is that no universe can possibly exist (nor any space within any universe) that is void of affectance. It is simply logically impossible (as I have explained in detail many times).

If you are referring to this pic;

That is a graph of the affectance density associated with a sub-atomic particle, such as an electron. You could think of it as a cross sectional view. The fundamental mass/energy density graph (at the start of the anime) is old science and confirmed long ago. My contribution to the form is merely the degree of added mass/energy being automatically accumulated due to the surrounding field being increased. It directly implies that when an electron gets closer to a large mass (such as the Earth), it actually increases slightly in mass itself. As far as I know, science has not verified that fact yet. I can and have deduced that there is no option. It must occur, but RM also requires verification and open debate. That particular concern is probably not greatly relevant until extreme precision in either performance or understanding it required.

As far as what affectance “looks like”, it looks exactly like what you see all around you. You are looking at it already. In fact, you can see nothing but affectance in its variety of densities. But if you could perceive electromagnetic waves on an extremely minuscule level (which you cannot), any tiny bit of so called “empty” space would probably look something like this;

That is perhaps 0.001 nanometers of “empty” space.

And the following is an actual emulation (not simulation) of a particle forming due to the affectance density being too high when I inject a very small “mass-seed” (meaning the most fundamental beginning of a mass particle). I have to place that seed into the center of the metaspace else the particle will form out of view. And in real space, such particles don’t normally form except within a very dense mass such as a star. In “dark matter” regions in space, perhaps such particles spontaneously emerge (possibly near black holes as well). I’m not an astronomer, so I can’t really verify that kind of speculation.

Although you can’t tell with that emulation, the particle stabilizes at that end size. Each frame on that anime took several minutes to process with my little PC, so I couldn’t make the emulation as long as I would like, nor as complex as I would like to demonstrate other principles.

Well, none of it is a “phenomenon” to me, so I’m not certain what you are asking. Affectance can be mathematically described as “affectance oblates” or what I call “afflates” for short. An afflate is what is called a “virtual particle” in that it isn’t really a hard particle, but rather merely a chosen small portion of the substance that is treated as if it is a particle in that it retains its form during emulations. Those emulations, and many others, use a randomly sized, charged, and density afflates (a tiny spec of affectance) as elements in a 3D array (usually from 20,000 to 300,000 of them to fill the metaspace chamber).

The afflates (tiny bits of affectance a thousand times smaller than an electron) behave and interact much the same as what you think of as light photons with the exception that an afflate always has a degree of potential (“electrical charge”) and is a million times small than a typical photon (a photon is made of millions of afflates). They interact as logic dictates concerning change rates and change densities. There is a maximum change rate, MCR, issue that results in causing what science refers to as “inertia” and consequentially “mass particles”. And there is also a maximum change density (“mass density”), MCD, issue that causes stability in sizes.

Affectance is the changing, of the changing. And that is the make of your universe.

Every point in space can be described as the integral sum of all changes that are taking place in said spot. That is a logically necessarily true statement. As it turns out, such changing, the affectance, is all there is to all space and everything in it. That equation is true for literally every point, location, throughout the entire universe, whether occupied by any object or not.

What you call “objects” are hard to the touch merely because the changing in side of them is changing as fast as physically possible already, so when you go to move an object, you are trying to add further changing to something that is already changing as maximum speed, thus your change just has to wait its turn. You feel the resistance, known as “inertia” or “hardness”.

Affect ≡ n. Action upon, v. to Act upon
Effect ≡ n. End result, v. to produce an End result.

“Push the button to effect the effect, after which you can have affect by affecting the effect.”

So those are my only options? Well, Fixed knows Wing Chun and is pretty good with a staff, but you’re a little better with numbers. Okay, a LOT better. Hard decision, really. Let me think about it.

Alright, I’ve decided. Here’s what we’re going to do: Value Affectance Meta-Ontology. You’ll love it. So you need to hook up with Fixed and start sorting all this out.

How dare you to even suggest it. How dare you.

No. You can have Newtonian Ontology, Einstein Ontology, Quantum Ontology (all of which are provably incoherent), or perhaps Catholic, Hindu, or I Ching Ontology. There are many popular ontologies throughout the world. Each explains the universe in its own way and they are not free to mix and match, which is why one cannot use a science ontology to examine an element of the religious ontologies (looking for the soul with a microscope). Science doesn’t use the concept we call “soul” in any of its ontologies (despite all of them being Judist by claim), or certainly not under that name.

Frankly, I was willing to go with RM:VO if he would merely bother to define his elements precisely, but too much pride, insidious “friends” each with their own ontology, and not enough understanding of the purpose in having a totally rational foundation led to hostilities. It was predictable (and frankly predicted).

When it comes to logic and any chosen absolutes, Rational Metaphysics is the only way to go (with or without Affectance Ontology). RM is a method for ensuring that your ontological understanding is rational (not just another shot in the dark).

Well I’ll have to think it over. This is a big decision, and before I decide I’d like to know a few things about the product.

Is Rational Metaphysics Affectance Ontology fully insured and bonded? Is there any kind of warranty? And I’d like to talk to some people who have been using Rational Metaphysics, and hear about some of their experiences with it.

Sorry, I’ve been hanging out with psychologists too long. Affect is the emotional state of the person… their “affect”, what is their “affect”?

But if there’s another definition, I’ll accept that.

You still deny causality for affectance (it’s infinite remember), but you offer it as a cause and effect theory. That was my point.

Comes with a money back guarantee printed on the box. If it doesn’t do everything it claims to do, just dial “1-800-I-SCRDUP” and talk to the service dept.

It comes with the service of a relentless appellate court if your claim is not satisfactorily handled. And as far as its prior customer testimony, realize that ever since Science’s day one, with Ampere, Maxwell, Newton, and the whole crew, they have been using RM, merely not very well. RM points out the exactly required details of constructing a truth model with explicit definitions. For some reason they have always been sloppy with definitions and often totally lacking, for example, even though electric potential was a foundation element in the physical sciences, the word “potential” was never really explicitly defined as to its meaning. Hardly anyone knows, 200 years later, that when measuring a potential, one is not measuring a substance, but rather a situation (came up on a physics forum a few months back).

Also they have allowed Science to become “Anti-Science”, a religion, completely betraying their motto, “Nullius in Verba”; Take no one’s word {… except our’s}.

RM is basically a Science upgrade; Science v2.0. Although scientists are seldom reasonable philosophers, with a little explanation, they can usually catch on to the notion of an ontology. But you might have to explain it all to them first … slowly, carefully. Or you can just try to talk to DARPA (good luck with that).

And act now and you might qualify for the Buy 1 Get 1 Free campaign.

So, what are your thoughts on the principle of conservation of energy?

You should get some gpus for your emulations.

Well, there are two forms of that principle. In the absolute sense, energy is absolutely conserved. But in the practical sense, energy can become so dispersed that it is lost to any detection or even observable proof that it still exists.

If you shine a 1 watt flashlight into the Sun, is the energy from the flashlight conserved? Well, theoretically yes, but you could never scientifically prove it.

Now mass, is most definitely not conserved, as Science discovered with nuclear fission. And interestingly, the formation and alteration of mass can easily make it seem that energy is not being conserved. Sub-atomic particles can absorb and/or release affectance energy such as to increase or decrease their mass without any detectable means to actually see where the energy is coming from or going to. A 1 kilogram mass close to the Earth will automatically (and unpreventably) become less than 1 kilogram if merely moved out into outer space. Where did the mass go? Where did the energy of that mass go? Well, it merely disperses as very fine affectance into the ambient ocean of affectance within which all mass floats. When returned to Earth, that same 1 kilo mass becomes 1 kilo again. Where did the extra mass/energy come from? It merely gets absorbed from the Earth’s “gravitational”/“mass” field.

And that means that collected masses are greater than the sum of their parts, quite literally. 1 million 1 kilogram steel balls in a clump weigh more than 1 million kilogram steel balls distributed. Odd but unavoidably true. And that is very, very evident when two subatomic particles merge, such as a proton and a neutron. They end up with enough extra mass to actually measure. And Science changed how it refers to that extra mass/energy, but definitely has measured it.

Well, definitely, but one cannot merely plug in a graphic board and make everything work better. There are software issues that have to be resolved with proper software, which I only had about half of (completely missing the needed video support files). I started to just make my own codecs, but by that time, things were just getting ridiculously complex and slow, so I stopped working on it. The fundamental principles have been explained and shown. Anyone actually interested can pick up from there and go very far with a little extra programming and technical writing skill. The emulation math is a bit tricky, but not all that difficult.

Well, energy-mass conservation law. Mass can be lost in energy form and then dissipate, but it cannot turn into nothing.

Sure, plausible.
So affectance is a form of energy which is dense in “objects” of measurable mass.
Is this different terminology for the same already existing explanations of the physical universe, or am I missing something?

There are two properties here, mass and weigh. Mass does not change when you remove an object from earth. Weight does, as it is a measure of how strongly a body of mass is pulling you toward itself.
Or… should I understand that you are proposing a different explanation for the variation of weight, other than the acceleration of gravity?

In a clean room?

Certainly, when putting together several things that are below the range of a scale, eventually you arrive at the range of the scale.
How has science been able to determine that the sum of two unmeasurable masses is more than each individual unmeasurable mass?

But by that definition, everything is “conserved” because there is nothing that dissipates into nothingness.

When something no long has its defining properties, it no longer exists.

That is correct, but the difference is in the fundamental understanding of what it is that actually makes up “objects” and “space”.
“So affectance is a form of energy which is dense in “objects” of measurable mass.”
“So mass is a form of dense affectance which has measurable energy.”

My point was that such is not actually true, provable so. A mass moving from a high affectance density region into a low density region WILL lose some of its mass-inertia property. The word “mass” is ambiguously defined in physics depending on exactly what context it is in. Physicists should expect it and test for exactly how much because that figure will lead to other potentially critical information.

Gravity is a different issue concerning the strength of migration. There is no actual “force of gravity” except as an aberrant effect. There is no actual pulling going on. The masses merely migrate together as a by-product of their constant affectance replenishing (the minuscule EMR pulses passing in and out of the particles). Einstein was right in disbelieving in Newton’s “force” of gravity, although for the wrong reason.

I would certainly hope one would measure in a clean room. Right now, and without the proper PC, I can’t tell you precisely how much difference there will be. But it will be there. There is no option in that.

They have the formula for how much energy is in the mass. They divide up the masses through fission and find that they got more energy out than the individual masses could account for. I think today, they mostly just refer to it as “electromagnetic-photon energy” (a “photon” is an ambiguous word used for all kinds of things they have no word for, but don’t want to appear ignorant for not knowing).

A single neutron is an even greater example of what happens when very small mono-particles come together to form a poly-particle. The resultant neutron (or proton) is a thousand times bigger than its original constituent parts. But that subject really gets hairy to discuss because of virtual-particle naming and jealousy issues.

In RM:AO there are three elementary monoparticles; electron, positron, and neutrino. The polyparticles; neutrons, protons, anti-proton (“negaton”), and so on are, in effect, made from the monoparticles (a “quark” is a QP probability term for what amounts to swollen monoparticle).

Radio-activity energy is another example of mass being lost due to polyparticles, nuclei, coming apart and radiating the extra energy that had been in the form of mass “between” the smaller broken parts. Affectance very precisely explains why radioactivity occurs so predictably (Physics has had trouble with that for years).

In fact, I can’t find any of the various unexplained physics mysteries that RM:AO can’t explain while not having to adopt any superstitious notions (unlike QP). But without better software, I can’t prove all of them, just theorize.

Fermi: Why do you do this, Paul? You know I found it first last week when I was running those thermal fluctuations.

Dirac: You’re lying, because the particle occupancy was off during the electron emission. There’s no way you could have seen it!

Fermi: I told you Paul, there was normalized canonical distribution and I checked the binomial coefficients long before I started.

Direc: There’s no way. That would have violated Boltzmann’s constant.

Fermi: Would not.

Direc: Would too.

Fermi: Would not.

Direc: Would too.

Fermi: Look, I found it first and you can’t stand it. Admit it!

Direc: NEVER!

I wish it were merely that kind of thing.

“This experiment isn’t working out.”
“What do you mean? It has to work. The theory depends on it and the world is watching.”
“Sorry, but the data just isn’t adding up right at all. Checked it many times.”
“Let me see that. Oh, I see. But if we call this extra bit here a “virtual-particle” (we’ll think of a good name later), and this bit over here as a special characteristic of that particle, it negates the extra energy and justifies the final sum. Shit, they have no idea what we’re talking about anyway. Who’s going to prove we’re wrong?”
“Oh. Cool. Okay. Let’s do that. We’ve discovered a new particle. They’ll love that shit.”
"You just gotta understand funding-onomic language.

:wink:

On Erik Redbeard’s behalf:

“There are no absolute truths.”

Now watch what happens when the epistemological relativist attempts to defend this assertion.

He says “the only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth.”

So we have the true assertion: “there is no absolute truth.”

But several things must be true in order for even this to be true, no? There must be sense-data in order for this thought to originate in the mind. If not, from whence does it come, and about what is it? Are you telling me statement “there is no absolute truth” is hovering in empty space?

Oh I get it, you are telling me things do exist, but that they are always changing, so A is not always A. Now let’s use the symbol A to represent the verb ‘change’.

You’re implying that we cannot treat the verb ‘change’ in the same way when we use it elsewhere in a sentence, because change is not always change. Or is change the only word that is excluded from the fact that everything about which the word refers to, changes? Does change change?

You’re getting sleepy, Erik. Just hang on a little longer.

Is the statement about itself, or about facts in the world? But there are no facts, remember, therefore it cannot be about itself because it can’t be true in the first place… unless it is a fact. And statements can’t be about statements about there being no absolute truth, because all statements are either true or false.

What about predication and syntax? Do these operations exist only for that statement? The answer is decidedly “no”.

You learned to say “there are no toys on the floor” before you learned to say “there is no absolute truth”. So how can you use the learned predication and syntax to express a statement that claims there can be no predication or syntax?! Or do you mean to say that the only thing that exists is language?

Oh wait… there can be relative predication and syntax? Relative how? You mean “that dog is there” is using a different kind of predication and syntax than the statement “this fact X is true”?

Now you’ve really made a mess. This means that every time I hear a subject, predicate and existential quantifier in a statement, I have to figure out what the fuck it means? No.

When you say “here is an apple” I know exactly what you mean. No philosophy necessary. I know that Erik is holding an apple. I know that Erik is presenting this apple to me. I know that the apple is here rather than there. I know that the apple is not an orange. I know all kinds of things at once.

The statement “there are no absolute truths” proves there are absolute truths, or else it wouldn’t function, wouldn’t be comprehensible, and you wouldn’t even be able to say it!

Pay attention, eyebrows the philosopher! You are making no sense!

Actually change is always changing. It just doesn’t change so much as to not be change any more (stagnation). Change is all that physically exists. That which truly never changes at all, is not physical.

James, the subject of ‘change’ in philosophy is a little more complicated than most realize, and the way the word is used can often be misleading. In identity theory there is something called mereological essentialism, and it deals with how things and their properties change over time (see endurantism and perdurantism.)

But what I meant in my above post was more along the lines of the meaning of the word ‘change’ becoming obscure if one accepts the premise that there is no absolute truth. I was trying to show Primal Eyebrows that if everything changes, then so too must the meaning of the word ‘change’ change, … or, if the meaning doesn’t ever change, then there is at least one absolute truth, and that is ‘everything changes.’ And yet, if this is the case, it is not the case, because the meaning of that statement stays the same.

This is an example of some of the philosophical confusion that occurs when people use ordinary words in philosophical ways. When we try to ‘look inside’, as Wittgenstein put it, rather than examining the way a word is embedded and used in ordinary discourse and human interaction, we ‘muddy the waters’.

A lot of this goes on in philosophy, so much so that it’s nearly impossible to address all of it. One can only sit back, watch, and smile… for these philosophers know not what they do.

Here is a piece of reasoning from something I wrote a while back in which I tried to show one of the problems involved with identity theory regarding changing properties:

aeternitatis.forumotion.com/t8-i … onysian#10

(the essay is not polished or finished… I was improvising, you might say)

Although it might seem as though I am arguing against you in this post, I am actually glad to see someone recognize these things.

Yes, although I call it “Definitional Logic”.

Concepts do not ever change. The words used to describe them might change, but not the concept being described. A perfect circle is eternally a perfect circle, regardless of what it is called. And non-changing concepts are not physical.

And that is a changeless absolute truth.

One of the new-age ideologies is the attempt to establish a truth model in which there is no such things as fixed absoluteness in any form. It is merely a social engineering effort to change the world by instilling a belief in a reality of relentless changing. That is why you get so many arguments against God (the absolute), not merely against Christianity (the preserving).

Yes … something along the lines of intellectual or rhetorical grace while distinguishing the author’s intent from pedantic sophistry as well as remembering to not get the map confused with the terrain.

You seem like one who would benefit by becoming an “ontological engineer” (one who understands and designs ontologies). Understanding ontological construction clears up nearly all philosophical questions rather quickly and permanently (which defeats those wishing to merely create chaos, obfuscation, and argumentation).

Alright. How do I say this. I don’t know how in less than ten thousand words so I’ll just say it in less than how ever many words are left after you subtract from ten thousand words the amount of words I use to explain.

Check that math for me, please.

I am schizophrenic philosopher anti-philosopher who plays both sides of the field. My intention is not to tell anyone anything, but to put out there things that are brought alive by those who see them. I am not the intellect behind any kind of sense that is made from what I write. The person reading it is the one who gives it life and makes it meaningful. I sprinkle fairy dust and then watch what happens.

The reason why I cannot claim any rights to being a philosopher is because anything I ever write, I could, just as well, refute it.

My problem is that I am too capable of doing philosophy, so much so that if I were ever forced to write one thing I thought was most true, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t do it because I can make anything true, and therefore anything I write is not determined by what I think is true, but by the reader.

The reader does all the work. I stir the mind up, as it were, with the purpose of provoking creativity and imagination in the reader. In this way I am not a philosopher as much as a kind of midwife or experimenter, you might say.

I need to tread lightly here because I don’t want to get mixed up with things I don’t believe are creative; I feel like you are trying to persuade me to move in a certain direction. I can’t move in only one direction. I am a non-linear, multi dimensional thinker and I must avoid any restrictions when I find them. So, I’d rather not pass comment on your above words, though I do appreciate the undeserved praise you’ve tried to give me. Or rather, I appreciate the fact that you thought I was deserving of such praise.