'Love Your Enemies' & Judgment Day

The term ‘spirit’ and ‘spiritual’ has many perspectives. I understand the common meaning is related to religions.
But I am using ‘spiritual’ in the sense of the good overall well being of the individual.

Note spiritual [religious] is a a subset of spiritual [well being].
The point is spiritual [religious] generally do not result in the highest level of spiritual [well being].
One [not the sole determinant] of the basic foundation of spiritual [well being] is good breathing techniques.
To perform any sport at the highest level of excellence, one need good breathing techniques.

My point here is the majority of the Abrahamic believers [religious spirituality] do not attain the higher percentile of spirituality [well being] because they do not practice good breathing techniques.

Your otter example is a straw man and rhetorical. We relate spirituality to humans only not non-human animals.

I am discussing theology not giving lessons [information and instructions] on how to be religious in the theological sense like what a pastor would be doing.

Yes, these are the basic skills [among other critical ones] that they would need to develop.
It is dealing with and how to modulate pain to maintain equanimity.
These are the basic skills and foundation to reach the higher realms of well being [spirituality] holistically.
Good breathing techniques [as for any refine human actions] is one of the basic essential skills.

Yes, you could know every theory about Buddhism by reading, of course not the experience until you practice it.
The point is to be competent within Philosophy of Religions and Spirituality, you have to study [read, research and analyze] all the main religions and spiritual to understand their forms and underlying essence.

I am primarily more interested in the Principles of Religion and Spirituality underlying all religions, the forms are secondary.
From the underlying principles, we support this with knowledge from all advance knowledge, i.e. neuroscience, neuro-psychology, evolutionary psychological, genomics, connectome and whatever is necessary to understand religion and spirituality thoroughly.

The Vatican also apologized for the pedophiles within the Catholic clergy, that does not mean raping of children is permitted within the Gospels [the terms of covenant to be a Christian].

You are going out of point.
To be a Christian one has to accept the terms of the covenant within the Gospels in association with other elements relevant in the Bible.

That is not from the Gospels but a supporting point.

What kind of understanding is that?
The natural drive to ‘love’ is triggered by chemicals, not ‘love the chemicals’.

I guess you’re right but why do we have to move towards a deity instead or eastern religion? Because the people are stupid? I tried to convince atheists to embrace zen or panvitalism as a way to wean christians off of god (since that’s essentially how I escaped), but they ran me off.
[/quote]
At present the psychological state of the majority are such that they are caught/trapped in a terrible existential psychological state such that believing in a deity [illusory] is the most effective for them.

Such a desperate existential trap and impulse is represented by a very complicated primal neural knot [inherent] that need to be unknotted, inhibited and modulated.

You are fortunate to have been able to inhibit such a terrible primal impulse [I don’t know how you did it, but you have succeeded].
This is why I suggested the effective breathing techniques as a start to unknot and modulate that unavoidable existential crisis.
Note everything there is a panic or high emotional attack, the most effective counter is to breathe comfortably.

All of the above imply punishments either directly or indirectly.

If a believer do not conform the terms of the covenant [contract] within his abilities [where not forgiven] he will be punished in various degrees depending on the severity of the sins.

‘higher realms’? this sounds very new agey and not ground in science. Why is higher good?