[movie] Troy

Wait, wait hold on… Troy was based on a book?

Mr. Kebop, did you see the movie in the theatre?

naw HBO

Interesting, my theory is that it was better in the theatre then at home.

Actually guys it’s not based on a book.

What happened was that this monkey was playing with a bag of rice and dumped it. The resulting spill formed all of the words (in rice grains) which was noticed by Bruce Dern’s hair guy. He told Bruce and he told this producer dude, then they made the flick.

It was pretty crazy.

Ahh, now it all makes sense.

You know, this makes me wonder… has there ever been a really good historical movie about ancient Greece. I haven’t seen the Alexander movie, but I heard it was pretty bad and from descriptions I’ve heard I doubt I’d like it. It sounds way too off base.

There are some classic Greek-made renditions of Classical plays: Trojan Women, Iphigenia, etc. Get them at a video store near you.

Also, I was impressed with the short Greek scene on “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”. I think they even spoke actual Greek! :slight_smile:

I guess I forgot about that part, it’s been a while since I saw the movie.

I hope the sequel is better.

Troy 2: Son of Troy
Paris and Aenias pair up to destroy Agamemnon who has sighned a treaty with the eastern cult to Seth god of Chaos. Achilles, now a bloodthirsty undead zombie with a thirst for revenge is the only thing that will stand in the way of the formation of what will one day be the great Roman Empire. Stay tuned.

Actually, that movie sounds pretty badass.

Indeed, that does sound like a pretty good movie.

Just please, for the love of God, don’t watch the movie - very loosely! - based upon Jason and the Golden Fleece.

Gawd, that movie sucked!

Sucked as in cheesy effects and wholly rewritten story - quite different from original story.

Really?

Can someone hand me my pills, please.

Aka. The Argonauts.

Niclas,

The movie was based on the Iliad.

Just a zany thought here: Maybe Niclas just hit upon an unexpected discovery. Maybe it was based on Jason and the Argonauts, very, very badly done. So badly done, in fact, that it ended up resembling the material from the Iliad somehow. In the end they called it Troy in an effort to salvage the whole miserable thing. Eh? Eh?

Well, I didn’t see any sheep in it.

Wait, are you talking about Troy, or the movie Manifested was talking about.

Which movie was that?

In case of acute amnesia let me remind the rest of you that some of the users - inspired by Manifested’s query whether other adaptions of Greek stories had been made - were discussing other movies - sometimes very loosely - based upon other pieces of Ancient Greek litterature and stories.

I was referring to another movie based upon the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

To sum up: TheAdlerian failed to read my post correctly, despite that seeming as an easy a task for others, and continued to make an ass about himself, making the joke on him instead of me.

Can we move on to the real discussion, please - I have no interest in making this being about users disrespecting each other?