Pedro's Corner (Part 1)

Past months Ive only been making these 5 minutes beats as my usb keyboard is dead and I need to do this with my regular typing keyboard.

I erased this msg

Fixed,

It does a heart good to hear someone with a passion again. Passion is always just enough if you can stick with it.

The difference between me and Jake is about 200,000 hours of play. Got just so much passion left that I fiddle on weekends. Don’t do it regular and it’s gone. Just too damn many things of interest, and ya gotta split your time. Damn if I lived for ever I’d be a lot better at shit then I am. How much time you get in a life, is all the time you get to split up between your interests. Wish I had passion for a few less things if it meant I’d be better at the few left over. I lost the passion just about the time folk music died, and that’s where I still am.

Example, I used to play a mean sax. Now it hangs on a wall at a local restaurant as decoration. Busted springs, dried out old cork and pads and missing pearl. Not worth what it would cost to restore. But man everything is so enticing. I’m still trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up.

Ok man, what I’m about to say, you have to take it the right way and not get offended.

I opened the link and thought the channel ahd just the 2 or 3 tracks. Which were gold all of them. Now I realize it has a bunch.

Whenever I hear you rap with that thing like you just got into a jacuzzi or something, I feel you are making fun of me. Because I am a big fan, and because I have heard you actually rap, I just have to tell you. It is not good.

There you go. There we go. I’m your friend, so fuck you I am saying it. If you want come over and we’ll have a fist fight.

I hear you, its hard. When you’re rapping alone and theres no audience to keep you from going introverted.
Tell me which tracks these are you hate. Don’t be a pussy about that, just help me identify my weaknesses.

I like some of the spirit here but it gets too nasal, clingy. Still the best I could manage. Haven’t recorded for very long precisely because I have no feedback.
voca.ro/3vhdT52VPh6

I dont like the way I rap at all, I just like there thug life bit
I wish to rap in this loose manner but it gets hard sitting down in front of a laptop instead of standing to a mic with a bottle and some whatever.

No way I used to pay sax as well
what you say is heartening Im at a fucking threshold, its actually a desperate decision of sorts, also given the climate of the world, and my work that is traditionally in media which is a field Ive become disenfranchised from deeply, rooting in philosophy and the possibly of art while the world turns to shit.
But music is cruel and I have to discipline my self-experience in order to do vocals. But thats also part of the reason for dong music at all - to attune myself. To myself I suppose but in this world.

Its not even so much weakness as error, misunderstanding.

Which is due to the weakness of going at it alone.

If you’re in a studio you can rap full volume at a distance from the mic and the producer will have all the frequencies and can rock with it.
Here I can do a limited volume with a hand held mic which only registers a limited range and I have no knowledge of engineering at all and zero mixers.
II come up with good results now and then which is a miracle. But I have potential! Because I like to actually rap, like loud, good.

Yeah, that’s the pickle, isn’t it?

More important than knowing it is feeling it.

I already told you all the ways I think you can try. You were most disdainful of them, which is your right.

I’m just releived at the clarity, but not even, at the thirst.

Rap motherfucker Rap master P
And I rap to the saps like I rap to the bees
And I rap to the sacks like I rap to the mes
Issola same when you-a rockin like me

Cause I’m

Scandalous
Straight manganfarious
Roll through the jungle like Al Jaff-arius

Uh

Rap master nefarious
And I break it to the beat like I’m a gladius

I think the key is, me personally, that it’s about a lot more than self expression.

You wanna conquer.

Or you wanna say something.

Anyway, it’s not just about yourself. You didn’t invent rap. You want to become lord of the game, not of your inner voice or whatever. Inner voice is the weakest lie I ever heard. All and every single giant ever stood on giants.

Only Kurt Cobain could get by on self-expression. But even he crafted his voice with ruthless precision, not to self-express, but to fucking conquer.

Anyways, on one thing we agree.

You need to get in a fucking studio and be loud. Fight it out with the muses. This humility, it’s unbefitting.

“More important than knowing it is feeling it.”

But this is utter nonsense. You saw the fucking way it went with Eazy. You could give me some input, like a trillionth of what easy got from Dre, by just saying which tracks suck, and it would be of supreme use to me, but… Such is my luck.

My Venus is on the same degree as Cobains.

They all suck, except the ones from the cave. And that was the Christian Cross. That was flow. Nothing was left on the table.

But me, I’m waiting till you unleash the evil.

Lollypop was fucking incredible.

I liked Now King Kong, but probably because it was the first time I heard my rhymes rapped.

In my scheme here, those cave raps were the second category: you have something to say.

Those I do not believe you can control. Or you can, but only by guiding the universe into the set of circumstances that produce it.

I think will to conquer is the ticket for an intentional rapper.