Philosophy For Us Dummies

Or perhaps longer than the Amazon. A full moon shimmering and sparkling on your surface might give you some inspiration. But remember, they will be your life’s answers…and they are not written in stone…-but as a river you must realize this. Flow onward…and don’t blame the willow as it tickles you…it can’t help itself. It’s made that way.

Take them on? You mean as in first embrace them?

us dummies----a new person has come on ilp…Sabina…
actually I don’t think it is anybody new…and she sounds like he…

I wish Sabina would give some explanation on two questions---------------
#1—the origin of the universe
#2—the origin of life on earth

I like some of the things satina is presenting…especially bill maher vs feminism utube…
I like the name satina rather than Sabina…

us dummies-------it seems we are in for a dry spell of thinking rationally…

:laughing: Don’t worry, little reptile. It’ll come back to you.

arc----as usual I am speechless…you are very clever…maybe you are a guy…maybe you are an unusual woman…

You don’t think women are clever? Less clever than men?

they have different kinds of clever

Ah, but perhaps you value the ‘male clever’ more than the ‘female clever’?

never phyllo

I’ll opt for the last one. :laughing: :laughing:
But little reptile, you were not speechless. Look above.

So Arcturus,

What do you really want?
How do you really feel?
Why do you do the things which you do?
Why are you so afraid to reveal yourself to others?
Why are you afraid to be human?
What is it that makes you human?
Why are you afraid to embrace the animal within?
What is the animal within?
What does it cause you to do?
Why do you pretend to be something that you are not?
Why do you pretend not to be something which you are?
Why are you so afraid to love yourself?
Why are you so afraid to reach out to love others?
What is it within you that wants only to love?
Why do you feel that you do not deserve happiness?
Why do you feel that you only deserve happiness?
Why is it that the universe so profoundly affects you?
Why is it that you once believed in a god?
What is it that compels you to now question the existence of a god?
What is it that keeps you on this sacred quest to know/to find yourself?
Were you really meant to Be or were you simply an accident?

And Turtle, as a form of contrast to Artcurus’ answers,

What do you really want?
How do you really feel?
Why do you do the things which you do?
Why are you so afraid to reveal yourself to others?
Why are you afraid to be human?
What is it that makes you human?
Why are you afraid to embrace the animal within?
What is the animal within?
What does it cause you to do?
Why do you pretend to be something that you are not?
Why do you pretend not to be something which you are?
Why are you so afraid to love yourself?
Why are you so afraid to reach out to love others?
What is it within you that wants only to love?
Why do you feel that you do not deserve happiness?
Why do you feel that you only deserve happiness?
Why is it that the universe so profoundly affects you?
Why is it that you once believed in a god?
What is it that compels you to now question the existence of a god?
What is it that keeps you on this sacred quest to know/to find yourself?
Were you really meant to Be or were you simply an accident?

And to be fair I could ask myself the same questions.

In what way, little reptile? I would say that cleverness is an “individual” thing, maybe depending on a combination of intelligence, humor and perspective. But I may be wrong - I am not all that clever. :laughing:

clever in getting what they want…they use different ways…in what ways are you clever…

Hey flowing like a River,

It’s taking you an awfully long time to cool down. :laughing: All things being relative, I suppose a moment can amount to approximately 20 days. No need to be overwhelmed. These questions are not going anywhere - they just change over time.

stuart----the question----[what do you want]----------

I would like to hear some good news about homo sapiens

Stuart…

Well, Stuart, to begin with, I think that I would have personally italicized the “really” - not the “do”.
Yes, I just went back and checked. I had italicized the “really” back then too.
It points to sometimes “really” not knowing what we want or how we feel. To ask the questions in that way, causes us to sit up and to take note, to reflect, that perhaps at this time, our needs and our feelings have changed, what needs, what feelings? They are sundry we know.

I suppose that at first glance, those questions are really loaded questions, aren’t they? Would it be worth it to ask - what do I really want at this moment - what do i really feel at this moment?

Silence…no, I’m not looking for silence…that’s mine for the taking most of the time.
How profound would you like me to be? at the moment, what is coming to me is that what I would really want is a tuna melt with a side order of french fries with melted mozzarella cheese and brown gravy. And a large cup of strong coffee with very, very, very little milk.

I feel hungry…

Aside from that…what do I really want in this moment as I am thinking of it ~~ what I would really want in this moment and of course I realize I will not get it, I will never get it ~~ is to be able to go back in time, about a year’s worth, perhaps a little more, of time I guess, and change the past, to change the way in which I had responded to certain things, and to have remembered in those particular moments, things that I had said beforehand, without having even had a clue of what those words actually meant at the time, in following through with them ~~ thereby, matching my behavior with my words. Not an easy thing to do, but when we don’t, it comes at a cost to us. There was much value to be learned and had by that though also much loss.

I did not expect that this moment would be a moment of honesty for me. But what the hell, I have nothing to lose by being open and honest here…within reason of still valuing my privacy.

And what am I feeling at the moment…sadness and loss. But I have no doubt that it will once again dissolve and lose meaning except for the gratitude and learning process. Life is an ebb and a flow you know.

Dive into the Silence.

arc----how long do you stay in the silence…doesn’t it get boring…and don’t bump your head on the bottom…