Philosophy For Us Dummies

Although it’s easier said than done, there is no fight without biting the hook.

Where have you seen me attack that was not a reaction to an attack?

True, but only when there is a fight…

A fight only lasts if it is fed.

Within my own heart, there is no fight and no feeding of a fight.

I think you need to look at your posts…

Thank you Turtle, I know what my posts say and I know what is in my heart. If you have a problem then speak your mind rather than telling me what I need to do.

I repeat jr----only you can discover what you are doing…no one can tell you about this…

Turtle, I do not need to discover. I know what I say, I know what is in my heart, and I know with what intention I say it. I also know why I am on ILP.

Do you believe the Matrix accurately describes human knowing?

I believe the Matrix does. Manipulated information, idea’s, and etc. Not with machines.

How would you describe the Matrix? As group think?

It’s just so many illusions. For example one thinks he is out when he breaks a first illusion to not realize there is an illusion inside of that illusion. It’s impossible to ever really know if you’re in it or out of it. I am not sure what every one else views it as, but I view it as illusions overlapping other illusions to keep one trapped. One think’s they have the answer only to find out there is a different answer and so on.

That’s why it’s similar to "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. " - Socrates

Because it is not easy to for sure know what you think you know.

fMRI imaging, although the technology is still in its infancy, does show that there are definite brain states that correspond with thought, feelings and memory. These correspondences are currently being catalogued. In other words, when we think, our brains are doing something specific. This does not imply that a homunculus exists in the brain. It merely recognizes where the thoughts are coming from. No brain; no thoughts! The brain then becomes the physical ground from which all metaphysical speculations can happen.

we have very limited knowledge of the the brain and mind…I still contend that we don’t know shit…

Without a brain there is no mind, no consciousness. That’s a starting point, suggesting that the brain is an organ that produces consciousness and mind.

that’s a good start ier…

From the starting point there are inferences and speculations concerning what reality is. I cannot buy the Matrix scenario. One cannot eat an illusion.

Things may not be an illusion but we often relate to things in a way that is different to the way they exist. That is, we see things in a mistaken way.

Agree. But we pay for our mistakes.