Philosophy of Religion Question

My guess is that if I understood it, I would probably find it objectionable, but who knows. It’s all speculation at this point.

PhilosophyGirl,

Please take a moment and read your own posts. Your assumptions suggest that you think that the answers lie outside of yourself. Perhaps, perhaps not.

Some would suggest that our lives and how we understand it are our own creation. (nod to James No. 2) Some would go further and even say that that is precisely our ‘purpose’, our being.

I would venture that we are here to run toward life, not away from it. But to do that, one must see the neutrality of life in all that is good and bad. Then we are capable of living life, and not just living life as life.

It isn’t about wearing rose colored glasses or dark sunglasses either, but to see clear-eyed what is before you and celebrating what you see. I might even suggest you are the celebration if you will allow it.

JT

Tentative…

How do I celebrate what I see and stay neutral? Are you speaking of a sort of stoicism? Would you give me some pragmatic examples?

Though I am loathe to qualify a compliment, this is only partially true to what I am saying. Have you read my exchange with PG in the ‘Give Me a Reason to Live’ thread? It can be found here;

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=145699&highlight=

Although I presented my position using a subject/object distinction, it was at least my intention not to make assertions like the above, without qualifying them beyond the limits of either ‘subjectivism’ or ‘objectivism’, which really are two ends of the same thing. The sense in which we ‘create’ our lives is not ‘partial’ nor ‘absolute’, because there is no gradient between what is ‘subjectively’ within our ‘control’, and what is not. That I presented it in these terms was an imperfect concession to the contingencies of the discussion.

On another note, I would go round after round if it produced more than single sentence responses flung out from behind a barrier of implicit yet unacknowledged self certainty, which seems to me predicated primarily on fear.

Anyway I have to run. :slight_smile:

James

I thought you might like to consider this pg ,

satyacenter.com/relationship … en6?page=2

you ask why the world is such a mess , and mention a biblical account of things. Perhaps this notion of the garden of eden will give you some food for thought.

Nevertheless it is only an account, and there are many of them. However you will find they all share the same root , the same principle is taught , and at times, without the proper insight , these accounts can seem confusing .

one of the times you’ll see me agreeing with you.

if you give god(allah, YHWH, devil, etc) the power, he’ll have control over you. Becoming agnostic is self empowering.