Predestination-Determinism....

It’s really no use talking to someone like you Old_Gobbo, you just don’t understand basic principles. You didn’t back up any of the statements you just made about me, what does that say about you?

I’m discussing something here and I ask for some tolerance within this religious discussion. I’m not asking for someone to stab at my topic, I’m asking them to help me understand it, which you did a horrible job of in my opinion.

You can’t ask an atheist to help you with biblical matters, an athiest that does is actually a intelligent one. They would say if I believed, this is what would make sense…but instead I get people like you, closed minded sheltered people who are not open to ideas and not willing to really think about them.

No that makes alot of sense to me. Thanks

Xunzian quote -A muslim friend of mine …

Ah, that raises the interesting question as to whether he was a true muslim :wink:
The Koran instructs -
“O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends, they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them, surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.”
[Koran 5:51]

See… this is my point.

I’m not an athiest or an agnostic. I believe in a God.

I think that you meant to say is you can’t ask someone who’s non-Christian anything.

Why?

‘We’ don’t believe in juvenile absolutes like ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, at least not when it comes to Spirituality. All philosophers really do is try and further explain, define, and expand concepts through logic <---- this is what you see as disagreement, when really it’s a suspension of belief for the sake of intellectual inquiry. This is your definition of ‘stupid’.

That the human mind has very finite power and cannot comprehend anything much greater than itself. Therefore strive to do what you can and hope what you have done is good enough.

No I wasn’t trying to imply that a non-christian doesn’t know anything. But I just didn’t want to have to hear negative comments about something I wanted others to help me clear up…and for the most part atheist, agnostics, and all who would disagree would just use negative, unhelpful, sorry but stupid comments.

I’m not saying anyone is an idiot for having different believes…that would be absurd.

ingnorence and illogical thought, you have plenty, clear some things up for you ? hah what good is sending clear information into a clouded mind, its miss comunication.

religious or not, neither know the answer to your questions, someone that is wise or a philosopher can answer your questions, wether they are religious or not is irellevent.

you calling Powdered Water an idiot… amusing

LOL!

The last part of your quote is already enough to discredit ANYTHING you say.

Predestination and Free will to not go together Period. Christians try to comfort themselves my saying that they are both possible when in reality there not.

ughhh you christians make me sick. and LOL @ “You believe in God but your just bitter”. Fucking Moron I have already said i believe in God. Just not a christian one. Sorry buddy. Better luck in your next life.

It’s impossible to argue with christians because while a non christian addresses all sides of thee issue a christian is already at the starting point of “Believe the Bible, Believe the Bible”.

Can someone say Brainwashed?

I have a clouded mind? Miss comunication? Try me.

How is it irrevelant for ‘anyone’ to answer the question of Free will and predestination?

Me calling powered water an idiot wasn’t amusing to me. Why should it be to you? I see now I was out of hand…but I still believe it was stupid to bash me after I asked not to.

You seem to have a pretty large head on you(prideful not smart)…so maybe replying was no use…want to prove me wrong?

No…I don’t believe I quoted anything from the bible… It’s funny because I feel the same way about you.

I’m glad you believe in a God…but please inform me on what religion you follow?