Satanism

[Why would you do this? Makes no sense, not like you can curse anyone or anything]
"Are you sure? "

It defys logic, in my mind. But what do I know, i’m only 17(maybe that’s why i don’t understand the emotional obsatcle… I try to avoid emotion, except for joy and fear[which is unavoidable]).

Mad Man P - give me one example of a person without some type of greed for something, anything… because I can’t think of a single one. Thus I associtate it with an inherrant human trait, prompted by society or otherwise.

Ah… now we’re getting there!!

Greed: an excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth

Now… how many people do you know that are greedy?

and what meaning do the words “excessive” and “deserve” have given satanism?

both terms are relative to the individual using them… if I’m not too mistaken…

Greed is not even an intelligible word given satanism…

It’s a web of shit… all of it suggesting that you do whatever the hell you want, and make sure you get what you want…

As if anyone is doing differently… I tend to view people who ascribe to this kind of bullshit as being weak individuals… unable to see the world on their own… so they look to others for answers…

pathetic really…

Especially “defending” it publicly… it’s just WEAK…

A wise man once said: real devils don’t wear horns… :evilfun:

Greed: an excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth
But not limited to material wealth. I am greedy for fun, others for attention/love/wealth/knowledge/beauty/power/societies view of “success”… the list is indefinite. Such desires are excessive solely in the opinion of society (for example: I decide to become well versed in quantum physics, so I buy like 100 books on the subject… the majority of society would consider that “excessive,” but not me, because that’s what I thirst for). Greed is not necessarily a bad thing. Now “deserves,” that’s just stupid. No one can say what someone else “deserves,” so I won’t even go there. Besides, Satanism is just a word to define certain ideas… something others can relate to. Instead of describing all of your ideas to someone when they ask, you can identify with a certain group. You don’t have to agree with every single bloody portion of every doctrine to be that religion, or whatever you want to call it. So why do you insist on dragging everything back to Satanism? I see them as the opposite of “weak individuals,” you can’t even define if you are real, if the universe even exists… what a world of ambiguity you must live in. Besides, why does everything come back to the dictionary definition? I don’t use it to prove others wrong… only to stay on the same page. Think for yourself, don’t let others think for you. “The world is what we make of it… if that’s the world you see… I pity you… and all those who share it with you…” In which case, I can also pity you, since everything is perception.
I love this… arguing with you is so much fun…my greed…lol. :smiley:

Darksword…

Feeling is mutual :wink: … Don’t confuss my rantings here with seriousness…

I’m leading you to state your convictions… and have you listen to yourself… Maybe you will discover something wrong…

I’m not here to be persuaded by you… or to persuade you… I don’t much care for such petty manipulations…

But I found it interresting that you said:

does ambiguity scare you?

bump

“does ambiguity scare you?”
Not in the least. I just like having some kind of direction in life. Why are you the way you are (agnostic-pantheist)?
‘Satanic bible Vs. Christian bible… It could be a tv show…” Ha ha, where the christians hide in the corner praying to some type of indistinguishable entity of which they have no real proof, and Satanists rule the world because they actually accomplish something more than fancy architecture and jewelry crafting. (ex: my friend has $0 for college because his parents gave most of their money to the church… I think an education is better than expanding the church [I would know… I work for the civil engineers modifying their detention pond] I realize my opinions are harsh…I am cruel in a multitude of ways…)

Dr. Satanical:
“ Lack of Perspective: always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic.”
“Lack of Aesthetics: “an eye” for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness.”

Apparently I am not comprehending an integral part of Satanism, and I apologize if this appears repetitive. I understand the “Greater magic,” i.e. things we don’t understand/ can’t explain (ex: beginning of man’s empire - natural disasters, plant growth, etc.) … yeah I read your earlier posts, ALL of them. But what is this “lesser magic”? I assume physical appearance/aura has something to do with this, judging by the title of the 9th sin. And how can you curse someone? (defies my logic) Meditation reminds me of prayer… not good.

Aviemus:
(A recent survey shows that 51% of Americans are a majority…. Gotta love that.)
bump
???

And I too enjoy having a direction in life… Like all other humans I’ve ever known…

Pantheism is also the worship of ALL gods… agnosticism is UNCERTAINTY…

This view reflects truth as I experience it best, in my humble opinion…

If I’m not too mistaken… I believe the church is doing quite well financially…

Bush is president… (he’s a christian)

and in the end… I don’t seem to recall allot of people in high places being “satanists”…

So this fantasy about satanists ruling the world… it’s just a fantasy…

And if you intend to say something like “well, bush isn’t really a christian”… I’d be laughing my ass off!!!

Cuz then Dr.S isn’t really a satanist… and you are not really an atheist… And I’m not really an agnostic-pantheist, either… we’re just people talking about jack and shit…

Lesser Magic. Hmm.

A colorful term to describe the Satanic practice of misdirection and manipulation of people to bring about a desired result.

Subtle body language & subconscious communication (i.e., reading ‘in between the lines’ when a person speaks) are forms of Lesser Magic. Day to day behaviour or specific roles you slip into are forms of lesser magic… the art of controlling people in the most subtle ways.

The book, “The Satanic Witch” By Anton LaVey expounds apon these principles and better explains the tecniques.

I would postulate there are a lot of things you don’t know, but filtered through your dishonest world view you think you do.

This would be a fine example. Do you honestly think Satanists wear nametags?
:unamused:

You might be right… Everyone in any position of power might be a satanist (for all i know)… and it might only be an ILLUSION that christianity has dominated the greater part of the western world over the last 2000 years…

Please, inform me of the truth…

"And if you intend to say something like “well, bush isn’t really a christian”… I’d be laughing my ass off!!! "
So would I… really, i’m not THAT idiotic :slight_smile: . Bush is president because he gains majoraty support from other christians…sheep…yesssss(especially in Texas…ahhh i’m surounded by fools! It’s not that people liked Kerry, it’s just that they hated Bush). Looking objectivly at the belief systems of Satanism vs. chrisitanity, satanism praises accomplishments and human nature wheras christianity/catholocicm praise humility and faith, prayer and working towards a better life, like they are horribly disgusted with the one they are living right now. Do you see a difference… could you rationally predict the outcome of christians vs satanists? And i’m not really an atheist… well, 99% atheist, 1% agnostic because we can’t prove the existance of god/s or deny it. I just so happen to FEEL like its either not true or that it dosen’t matter.
Dr. Satanical: Thank you, nice and intellectual (as usual) answer… argh why do i have to agree with every single thing you say…even though i don’t think im a satanist. My personality doesn’t fit said role, and i refuse to be so easily swayed… even though it is as you described it: satanism fits my ideas, not the other way around. I suppose it’s ok, just so long as i don’t have to wear a black robe, lol.

You should read the Satanic bible. Even if you don’t agree with everything, based on your humanistic nature you might enjoy it.

You can pick it up for 8 bucks at pretty much any major book store.

At last - :evilfun: The Sting :evilfun: - Another young soul consigned to the flame… Or am I over-reacting again… :confused:

Honestly Darksword - Don’t get carried away by the hype - satanism is just a ‘we are all there is - embrace your basic instincs’ new-age business-hippy speil with ‘satan’ tacked on the front to tittilate the kiddes.

Go spend your eight dollars on beer, get pissed and have a laugh with your friends. :sunglasses:

LOL… Darksword… If you actually end up buying that book… I’ll take back EVERY BAD THING I EVER SAID ABOUT SATANISM!!!

and apologize to Dr. S here for having insultet him… (or at least pretended to insult him)

And then I’ll never speak to you again…

You’re 17 right?

Please realize at this age that NO-ONE and i do mean NO ONE IN THE UNIVERSE knows your opinions better then you…

so don’t describe yourself with some screwed up ism… it might beome your identity… and then “they” own you… it’d be a shame…

But i suspect that you already know this…

So true… so very true… it’s NOT the other way around…

Hey, no offense, but you are really not qualified to say what satanism ‘is’ without first reading the core literature.
It is certainly neither new age nor in any remote sense, ‘hippy’.

Tabula Rasa: "Don’t get carried away by the hype - satanism is just a ‘we are all there is - embrace your basic instincs’ new-age business-hippy speil with ‘satan’ tacked on the front to tittilate the kiddes. "
fu… I don’t care about the name you twit, although I found your subliminal messages comical. NOT LEGAL FOR ME TO DRINK (you obviously haven’t been paying any attention…not that I wouldn’t, just that it’s not legal). So yes, good for you to dislike satanism… too bad for you, I find it extremly rational. And I am knowledgable about quite a few religions… I find that kind of stuff fascinating.

Mad Man P:“I’ll take back EVERY BAD THING I EVER SAID ABOUT SATANISM!!!”
Why? Its cool for you to have your own ideas, and i like talking to you. My parents would probably never let my buy that book though… but in the fall i’m on my own :slight_smile: (but my mommy still has to sign papers and junk because i still won’t be 18, lol… so much for independence). I agree that labeling myself would be rather depressing, but as I said before: do you want someone to tell you all of thier ideas when you ask what belief system they have, especially if it is so aligned with an existing one?

Sorry - exaggerating a little, for the benefit of effect. Hell - I might even by the book myself one day. :wink:

I was trying not to sound like Darksword’s Dad :frowning: , all I’m saying is -

put the books down - go out and screw around…
(in every sense of the expression)

All the different philosophical ‘uniforms’ - nihilism, existentialism, satanism, etc. are useful - but everyone should have a go at life ‘nude’ first. Otherwise you’ll never know if the ideas/beliefs (to use a dirty word) you form as you go through existance are absolutely* yours or just a books’ theory - using you as a puppet. Decide what you think about life first - then go to the books for affirmation/fine-tuning.

Think about it -
You study too much art appreciation - it ruins the picture - you cannot see the ‘whole’ any more.
You develop too much artistic technique too soon - it ruins your creativity.
You study too much philosophy too early - it ruins your…You see what I mean… :astonished:

Anyway Darksword, you’re old enough to make up your own mind - do what you see fit.

And Dr.S, you must be able to find something else to do rather than arguing with Mad Man - you’re only encouraging him. And by taking him remotely seriously you put off anyone else (who may give you a more interesting debate) from posting… Or is that the idea…?

for example -

yep - self-knowledge is a valuable thing.

*(and yes - I’m aware that very few of a persons’ ideas can be absolutely their own - perhaps a better way to say it would be to say ‘more’ absolutely - though that’s just getting grammatically silly).

Agreed! I am personally against programming. I think some amount of conditioning and programming is inevitable to anyone that lives in society, but it shouldn’t be encouraged.
I myself was an atheist logician when I realized my type of thinker had already been labeled. At this point I had already explored most forms of religion, and found it to be nonsense…but interesting from a sociopsychological perspective…

Crystal clear. that’s actually very satanic of you :stuck_out_tongue:
Reminds me of something I read somewhere.

Actually, I made a concious decision last night to just stop reading his posts. I have concluded both that nothing he has to say will expand my boundries, and he is consistantly unpleasant to read.

Oops DarkSword - you posted as I was writing :smiley:

*Are you so sure you would be intrigued if it was called "Humanistic-hedonisitic-Anti-theistic individualism’…? Image is everything :sunglasses: - Just look at Dr.S.'s avatar/sig (and mine :smiley: ). But they are still just masks we hide behind.
*I knew you were 17 but I was drinking in pubs at the age of 14 (I was tall) so I just presumed… Sorry :blush: .
*I does sound very rational, if a little hard-hearted, I don’t dislike Satanism (anymore).

one of your first posts…

Ditto :smiley:

“put the books down - go out and screw around…” (in every sense of the expression)
Hahahahahaha…slightly disgusting…more than slightly.
“Decide what you think about life first - then go to the books for affirmation/fine-tuning”
Nice point…been there done that (although I will never stop learning and changing my ideas, that’s why I want to further clarify Satanism). It helps me affirm my theories to have something to think about… to try and argue against, because I have little experience in the world so far. All for fun. Besides, I can change whenever i wish.
I knew you were 17 but I was drinking in pubs at the age of 14 (I was tall) so I just presumed… Sorry
No, my bad… I grew up in England, should’ve realized asking for 21 year old ID is only a big deal around college campuses. But that stuff’s not my style, why purposely make yourself lose control? Sounds idiotic (no offense, nothing I’ve ever tried even tasted good… water is fine).
“Satanism…is a little hard-hearted”
Very much so…that’s why I doubted its validity in the first place. But I suppose there must be a balance.
“Are you so sure you would be intrigued if it was called
"Humanistic-hedonistic-Anti-theistic individualism’…? Image is everything”

Yup, title doesn’t matter, unless you consider that what society thinks is a significant value that actually matters.
“Anyway Darksword, you’re old enough to make up your own mind - do what you see fit.”
Too bad my father doesn’t see that. Thank you :smiley:.
Dr. Satanical: I will get the book, and I will return with more discrepancies I find with satanism as compared to my own theories… until then, adieu.