Selective Morality

it’s too late for that, there’s more of them than there are moderates and skeptics. it’s almost like it’s a sin to be a skeptic in the scientific community, as it is in the religious community.

Greetings back at ya Nick_A

This would need better etymological clarification. Like so many things in the Bible, their meanings have changed. And these meanings would require that you understand them as they were meant to be back then and not based on what we “WANT” them to mean now.

Here is a Definition provided by Dictionary.com

con·demn ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-dm)
tr.v. con·demned, con·demn·ing, con·demns
To express strong disapproval of: condemned the needless waste of food.
To pronounce judgment against; sentence: condemned the felons to prison.
To judge or declare to be unfit for use or consumption, usually by official order: condemn an old building.
To lend credence to or provide evidence for an adverse judgment against: were condemned by their actions.
Law. To appropriate (property) for public use.

Generally speaking the warning against condemnation is for pronouncing judgement, but not against expressing strong disapproval. So stop and think for a moment. Is there not a strong disapproval against murder? Is that not still condemnation… something spoken against? Are we no longer allowed to punish? Shall we no longer enforce the law so that we may not tresspass? God forbid that such a logic may come to pass!

You are not correct in your understandings. Faith is what justifies your actions. And if you have no faith to justify your actions then no righterousness will be counted in you.

You see… Faith releases you from the law. And if you live by the law, then you are under the law… and the law only brings death. Why? Because none are perfect and will cause a tresspass against the law! In times passed this was sufficient to grant salvation (living by the law) but we have now been purchased by the Blood of Christ. In Him, our faith of Him, can we now be justified! No longer shall our works in the Law be counted as righteousness but our Faith which justifies our works be counted as righteousness!

I hope you can undersand this… because it becomes really important to understanding the whole idea behind why having Faith in Christ becomes important to salvation.

I believe that humility and mercy are your counter agents to the overly righteous. One of the reasons they are a virtue. When missing any of the virtues you are incomplete. Many of the passages such as these are speaking of the consequences of only achieving some of the virtues and leaving the rest behind.

Yes you appear to understand that well enough. There are so many ways to dictate that. But never so eloquently as the Bible has.

Your words are on par Scythekain.

Science has become the Church of Old, preaching dogma from the pulpits and calling heretic against those who would say something contrary!

Science has become the new Government Established Religion.

Hi Astral

I’m trying to understand your perspective and not criticize so don’t assume anything suspicious in these questions

[i]Matthew 22:

21"Caesar’s," they replied.
Then he said to them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”[/i]

Is strong disapproval the domain of God or Caesar? Why didn’t Jesus express strong disapproval on the cross rather than to say "forgive them for they know not what they do?

[i]Gal 2

16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.[/i]

Do you consider faith OF Christ, belief IN Christ, and faith IN Christ as the same?

nick and astral,

first astral. You are right. in the 20’s a scientist from the northwest tried pushing forward the theory that the features of eastern washington we’re caused by a catastrophic flood. He was panned, because what he suggested was too close to the biblical flood. His theory wasn’t accepted until the 30’s and even into the 40’s when archaelogical evidence for Lake Missoula was discovered.

Now today, it’s the same way… if you try being a true scientist, a skeptic, you are panned. A scathing report was written against global warming recently… the majority of the scientific communities response? He is a heretic, and god…er man willing he will burn for his atrocities.

this is a copy of a speech that Michael Crichton made, it’s related to the second point.

crichton-official.com/speech … ote04.html