so what religions are being represented on this board?

No… it’ll point you in the right direction.

At first the Tao Te Ching appears quite contradictory in some aspects, indeed, perhaps more than most other mainstream religions it is one which preaches the inner path – and this can manifest in virtually any life.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster speaks through me.

I believe you

Well, he speaks through me to offend the false prophet, Mick. That is why I have only recently been his medium.

please send noodles down to the earth quick, we are hungry.

I’m a Christ/Krishnaite; a real jew wannabe.

It seems to me that the Truth is there to be articulated; it is the thing we ought to dance around.

Brilliant. =D>

Hooray! I’ll just assume that the capital T was a typo. Hoooray!

=D>

I can’t promise that I’ll look at it any time soon, but thanks for the link and I’ll keep it somewhere.

you don’t need to promise anything, look at it or not . . . but don’t make assumptions about what you do not know . . . cool :sunglasses:

think about this for a minute: Confucius said: “To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous.”

Chapter 65

The ancients who showed their skill in practising the Tao did
so, not to enlighten the people, but rather to make them simple and
ignorant.

The difficulty in governing the people arises from their having
much knowledge. He who (tries to) govern a state by his wisdom is a
scourge to it; while he who does not (try to) do so is a blessing.

He who knows these two things finds in them also his model and
rule. Ability to know this model and rule constitutes what we call
the mysterious excellence (of a governor). Deep and far-reaching is
such mysterious excellence, showing indeed its possessor as opposite
to others, but leading them to a great conformity to him.

So if you’re ignorant and simple, everything will be okay?
:laughing:
That sounds like an appealing mass mobilization, almost as great as the scapegoating and self-critic of the semitic holy-path.

I am sarcastic.

Spirituality… grumble grumble.

ha ha. The tao and common sense also states that “there is nothing like moderation.” I don’t believe knowledge is bad, it is probably essential in todays world where so many people lie prey to make you dogmatic and a jackass. The principle, of being simple is what is useful I think. It is just basic knowledge that when someone has less on their mind, they are usually more chilled out . . . and dare I say content and happy :astonished: . . . oh shit, I said it . . .

Spirituality . . . grumble grumble -great line