Some generalised sexist b.s.

Er no Assam is just tea, none of that funny business. Cloves and ginger? Hmmm not heard of that one. Assam has a strong matly taste that is rich and satisfying and only from a certain region of India. That doesn’t make it as pretentios as the Earl of Grey, but it is quite expensive.

Yeah as said before just a strong tea.

Trying freshly ground myself, liking it, I mean it smells divine after you’ve ground it. Sadly England is not like France where most coffees come as “beans”, and from the most diverse places. In fact 5 years ago coffee beans didn’t exist, and percolator coffee was restricted to a few brands, I guess watching Americans glug down a range of Coffees on TV changed us. Instant was God back then, and don’t get me wrong some instants are very nice, but I do think proper coffee is better. Best coffee I ever had, in France with goats milk in a bowl, closely followed by some percolator already ground stuff in a places canteen where I worked. Not sure why it tasted so good, but there you go. I tried it several times just to make sure it wasn’t a freak coffee incident. It weren’t.

Can’t believe this thread has degenerated into talk about tea!

I did a Google Search for, “Celestial Seasonings Assam,” and it pulled up some breakfast blend of Celestial Seasonings that is Assam Tea and had Cardamom and that other bullshit I said in it. That’s what I was basing that statement on.

Yeah, the Millstone from the beans is easily better than Maxwell House Master Blend, but MHMB is deifnitely the best, in my opinion, of the pre-ground and canned coffees. Folger’s fucking sucks.

I’ve never tried it with goat milk. I doubt if I would. I only drink coffee black.

Geez, Are women still complaining about how oppressed they are in this thread still?

They must have it so hard and terrible. My heart bleeds for them.

Are you insulting tea! We’ve gone to war for less well about the same, contrary to popular belief we weren’t bothered about the taxes on the tea in Boston, just the horror of all that wasted tea. :wink:

No, no. Don’t get me wrong I love tea. I mean, the only reason I go to sleep at night is so I can have a brew when I wake up, but I set some high standards in this thread and we seem to have fallen off the mark somewhat.

and now you are complaining about that. Does this mean your life is even worse since you cannot seem to bear the complaints of others?

Does that mean your life is worse than James’s because you cannot bear others complaining about others complaining?

:laughing:

oh ok back to def con 1. :wink:

You outrageously overestimate the standard of this thread by the way. :smiley:

I’m all about the hyperbole.

:laughing:

Duly noted. :slight_smile:

I only drink milkless Earl Grey… as of a few weeks ago, as given up milk and it’s the only tea I find tastes ok without milk.

If you like funny stuff in your tea you could try chai which is an Indian blend, probably an acquired taste like Earl Grey but it’s quite nice. I bought a box recently because it was reduced to clear. Apparently (yes some people are bored enough to read the box) it was originally invented for the Indian nobles but the recipe leaked out and now practically everyone in India drinks it. True story, at least if Twinnings are to be believed…

“tea masala chai” typically consists of cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, ground cloves, ginger powder, and pepper powder. It recommends having milk with it but with all those spices I doubt you’d notice much difference. Also green tea, just because it’s dead healthy and tastes fine on its own or with sugar.