The Greatest Pleasure and the Greatest Pain

the greatest pleasure is life…
the greatest pain is life…

There’s no in-between, little reptile?

Arcturus: there probably is, but only by a special dispensation.

interesting question arc…the greatest pain about life is death…
and if we don’t like it we can kill ourselves…

little reptile,

That doesn’t really compute now, does it?
If the greatest pain about life IS death, wouldn’t it be best to counter that by LIVING to the fullest, inasmuch as we can?
So we become death’s victim instead of death’s victor?

no…you don’t understand me…in order to live life to the fullest you must embrace death because that is part of life…once you do that you can fly like an arcturus…

Yes, I think we see things the same way but we’re seeing them from opposite ends of the coin.
You’re right - in order to live life to the fullest, we must embrace death, but not in the sense of welcoming it so much, as in allowing it to speak to us; “Do you see what is your End” - now live backwards from that, be aware of Me, let Me be the reason and the incentive to Live to live to the fullest.

Death then becomes like a beacon, but not a morbid one, to lead and to guide us onward.

arc—I think once you embrace death it doesn’t keep bugging you…people try to figure out ways of deluding themselves about death …but they pay a price…because they then need to worship their delusion…

When you say “embrace death”, do you mean accept the fact that someday you will die? To embrace something is to accept it. It doesn’t mean that you necessarily want “to go home with it” in the moment.

yes yes yes…accept it as a part of your life…then you can just leave it alone and live your life to the fullest…
and I personally don’t believe in heaven/hell or anything having to do with afterlives or karma or souls or anything
like that…you then get fixed on a solution for death…you don’t solve death or life…you have one and you live it…whatever

I was very bored. The statements made by ‘a’ and ‘b’ were all punctuated as each of the respective speakers would write them, though there may be some errors. Obviously, if each respective listener were to write out the other’s statements they would punctuate them different. If you ever find yourself counting the tiles on your wall, then you could instead try to rewrite that conversation as the listener would punctuate it, rather than the speaker.

I agree that death and life can’t be solved, but that doesn’t stop some people from dropping everything and spending years straight trying to. The light at the end of the tunnel for those poor people is that once they gone over it enough times they will realize it’s unsolvable and stop trying to do so.

Do you mean that final death, when the grim reaper comes and takes us away?

arc—I don’t like dying… but maybe I am more upset about other people dying…

If I ever find myself counting the tiles on my wall (but i have none) I’d probably go out and take a long walk and get those endorphins dancing.
But if I were to try to figure out what you wrote except for the first question, you might be visiting me in an asylum as I would probably go mad mad mad mad mad. Some things are best left detached from. But I’ll read them again perhaps.

By the why, I love your present avatar. I could just put myself on that rock. It is so contemplative -the image that is - a sense of serenity and detachment. Well, that’s the way I read it. I think I’ll change mine.

But that IS the one thing which can never be changed. All we can do is to try to dive into life even though at times it deals out really bad hands to us.

Why are you more upset about the dying of others?

The leopard doesn’t really want to eat the two birds up there, he just wants them to know that he’s a leopard now. The serenity though isn’t mistaken, this is not a singular, momentary thing; where the leopard confronts those who sit above him. He’s been coming to that tree now and then for many years, so that all participants no longer have the nervous energy they once had, it is so mundane as to be almost ritualized, like the setting sun, or the change of seasons.

Stuart,

The leopoard? lol I thought that that was a dog. :laughing:

death is bad enough…but the killing and hurting and destroying is getting to me…so my job right now is to light my candle…I will try to be kind and honest with others…and my psychoanalyst is dying…

Ah, gee, even now knowing that he’s a leopard, it still kind of looks like a dog to me, Stuart… :blush:
and I do understand what you’re saying about him wanting the two birds to see that he is still a leopard.
No, I don’t see any confrontation there at all - I see a harmonious being between himself with the birds.
What is mundane can become/flow into the sublime.

isuae