The Native American Ten Commandments

kriswest, You do not give humans enough credit, we are doomed.

No no, I Yahoo here and there myself, yahooing is fine :smiley:

Humans as we are may well be doomed. Although as such a diverse species and adaptable species, some part of us will survive and thrive. We have humans with little to no technology to humans that can only survive with technology. We have vegans to carnivors. Intelligent to just plain dumb. Tall, short, fat, skinny, dark, light, we adapt, we change, some will survive what this world throws at them , with the exception of the planet freezing solid or exploding.
We humans will adapt not as a whole but, as part, and that is fine and natural.

I know, that’s why I posted it. It’s cultural appropriation, the idea that the entire history and belief systems of 550 or however many different nations can be cut down to a handful of gimmicks then worn as a hat.

It’s a good job they don’t apply then If you want confirmation try Corinthians or Romans and or the Gospels: I could do it without google as I have a Bible and I roughly know where the passages are, but frankly I’m way too lazy. Or better still go straight to the source and ask a Rabbi. The ten commandments are eternal but Gentiles are free from dressing up as men and hurling rocks at blasphemers.

Well its a good thing that I married a gentileman :laughing:

humbug!
that’s ridiculous- this is a place for people to express and discuss not express and be shunned. everyone’s opinion is just as important as another

people that cant take things that they do not agree with should not be moderators in my opinion being that they obviously can not agree with everyone therefore making their moderation biased. i listen to atheist talk all day cursing the “great spirit” as the video says but i do not have the power to silence them simply because i do not agree- neither should someone else have the power to silence others its ridiculous and immature as well as overbearing. Goodness gracious

(no offense intended)

Helptheherd, there is one thing to remember, opinions come from different perspectives. From what I gleaned from Imp’s response is he feels the Native Americans were lied to and treated unfairly by some non-indian people along with government intervention and laws. I’m sure this is the case in a lot of instances.

My OP was not intended to be offensive, yet it did anyway. Sometimes unless you walk in another’s shoes you won’t know how they feel. I still understand the full impact of the video upon somone of indian decent, but I have been made aware the negativity that is felt from their viewing it. For my part, I seen the beauty of the adages related in the slide presentation.

yeah- i understand what you’re saying liteninbolt :slight_smile: sorry- but i still stand by what i said- its like me wanting to quiet atheists- i could easily take what they say as lies and offense- i completely understand the idea of perspectives (thats the whole point to begin with) just sharing my opinion though- nothing too serious i hope :slight_smile: (and no offense intended)