The "real" truths Dan Brown uncovered?

I don’t know of any women who founded any religions.
All prophet-like founders tend to be men…

[I try to quote now…]
“Suppose truth is a man, then what?” ~Nietzche.

I’m not sure what your point would be. As in what difference would that make to the idea that Jesus might have been married?

I don’t think he was married, that is not my point. My point is that he might have been married and still have been able to carry out his mission. I was objecting to the idea that Jesus might be considered a failure if he were to be married. That is just nonsense and it is this type of thinking that oppresses women. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a feminist, I understand that men and women have different roles to play in society, even we have different roles to play within our individual relationships. i.e. that of mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend etc…and each of these roles if played according to the laws of nature hold secrets in our spiritual cultivation as women, but men have roles too and none of this is to be confused with inferiority or superiority.

Men and women are allowed to marry and pro-create, it is the natural order. Even men and women are allowed to procreate and fulfill a mission to assist in the salvation of (wo)men. Our souls are the same, there is no difference.

‘Prophet-like’ founders as you put it did not establish religion. They only taught Truth. It was their followers that established the religions.

And what difference does it make that no women founded religions. Mother Theresa herself was an exemplary human being, a real life saint that we could all relate to. And there have been many female saints in places like India and China. Kuan Yin and Meera come to mind. It is incredibly narrow-minded to think that there have been no women doing God’s work. Jesus is simply more famous.

Spirituality is not about gender. Mission is not about gender. It is all about past cultivation and affinity and the ability to take responsibility.

As for the issue of any assendants that Jesus might have had. To suggest that they would demand the heretage of Jesus is to completely and utterly misunderstand Jesus and His mission and to utterly misunderstand the whole point of His sacrifice.

A

First commandment of YWHW to the Israelites:

“Be fruitful and multiply”

Any Israelite, (antiquated), or Jew, (contemporary) who was/is not married, would:

1. Be considered a blasphemer … the law has never stopped.
  2. Be unfit to teach/participate in the temple.
  3. Be unclean, and ostracized.

Not an arguable fact, my wife is of Israeli decent, and the law still stands today. In Y’Shua’s era, he would have been dismissed if he had not followed the law, in the minds of the Jews.

The likelihood is that he had a wife, which in no way diminishes the message … but that has never been what Y’Shua or his words were/are about in church doctrine.

No, it’s not a conspiracy, it’s anthropological information.

It would not be possible for Christ to marry and “carry out his mission”. Stop and think for a moment. What woman on earth would be worthy? NONE! Also considering the fact that Christ said the He ALREADY had a bride that was appointed to Him by the Father!

Also notwithstanding that women were created for the glory of men. And Christ is above the men. And the Father is above the Christ likewise. You are thinking this out in “humanistic” terms and just shoveling aside God’s plans like you know better. Unfortunately because of the Unique nature of Christs purpose it would not be good for Him to have taken an earthly wife.

Also since many people seem to never think about this there are most likely “other” responsibilities of Christ that may never have been mentioned to us that marraige would be seriously counter productive against.

And coin a phrase once mentioned by an apostle. If you get married you can not contribute as much time to God as you can while unmarried. Because you will still have a desire to make your wife happy! Cant really be a good hubby/father if you ran around like Christ did doing His Fathers will and neglecting His Children and wife! Remember in marraige the twain shall become one… not seperate!

I am sure that if Christ really had a wife there would be children and very much sure that those Children would have power. You can already begin to imagine why Christ would have not had a wife.

Ah. I’m not in the business of arguing with a Christian.

Never mind.

A

Find them just as closeminded as you are? Figures right?

A writes

sigh I know what you mean. It is almost as bad as arguing with a woman.

Insults noted gentlemen.

A

I meant that those who are discussing this , I assume , will know a bit about the background , I know Buddha was married , but when I say he was celibate for the same resons as Christ I mean it was the same divine impulse that made them follow and strive , however , the impulse in Buddha was acted upon in a slightly different way , Christs mission was borne of the same supernatural phenomena , but was different , and therefore required a different approach , two lives dedicated to the same cause , but manifesting it differently according to traditions and culture , political climates

Its not that Jesus was greater than Buddha as such , but his mission required a greater sacrafice , one of those sacrafices was being celibate .

The working man with a family can be every bit as wise , and spiritual as a monk , some even suggest that being a monk in some ways is a punishment , having to make amends for past sins some people must toil and give back what they took many many years ago . Whereas the ordinary man enjoys the bliss , the joy of family is his god , the smiles on their faces , feeding them , working for them

There,s a famous master who told his students that the reason he taught was because he needed to atone for past sins , but that one day when these sins were paid , he may enjoy a normal , blissful existance as an ordianry man , even being married perhaps .

However in this life , as he said , he had to be celibate , because of the work he had to carry out . The meaning of the hermit card in the tarot pack is this , notice also the star of David in the hermits lantern , two triangles , one pointing up , one down , this means he has dedicated his life to teaching what is above down below . A true hermit has responsibilities , the working man has responsibilities , but when the world has been healed , there will be no need for a preacher , a sage or a hermit

He he… I would like to slam a screeching halt in your comparisons of Buddha to Christ.

#1 which Buddhism you follow? The one where you aspire to become God or the one of the Ultimate Death?

Neither of the 2 Buddhas I know compare to the mission of Christ. Just because both taught Peace means nothing!

Christ came down to DIVIDE! He also came down to attain worthiness to Open the Book of Judgements and to purchase us! None of these 3 tenets agree with Buddhism at all!

There may be more Buddist philosophies out there and I am not speaking of them all if there are. But of the 2 I know… neither can be equated to Christ. There are very fundamental differences. But of course people really dont care to know the truth, so I guess I am just pissing in the wind right?

Disciple of light,

I would also like to express that it was only after Sakyamuni’s return to his family home after enlightenment that when asked by his wife if he needed to leave in order to find Truth that he said that yes he needed to because at the time he did not know that he did not need to. In essence he was saying exactly what you just said.

Thank you for taking the time.

Astral,

There have been countless Buddhas.

A

Buddha is an entitlement of one who has obtained a certain level of enlightenment. It is past the rank of Bodhisatva I do believe. As far as what sect of Buddhism while there are many most seek to not become a God. They simply believe that there is a bit of a loose form of a God in all of us.

What they do is work towards embracing the universe and the cosmos. Granted some may deem this nonsensical hippy talk but it is far more than that. Even Williams James a devout Christian takes note of the power of Meditation and the similarities of religious experience.

As far of salvation of souls/minds Buddha did not die for the sins of man but taught them how to escape the vapid black hole of reincarnation, which is by no means a small task.

If Christ divided so did Siddartha Gautama through his example. He split people into those doomed to be reborn and those who would relinquish their mind upon the universe.

He taught how to cease the never ending struggle. Which in a way purchased us.

And with all due respect you are pissing in the wind good sir because you
a.) Insult an idea of an individual who came before your Savior.

b.) Have a blatant favoritism because of your religious background. There are FAR more than 2 sects of Buddhism. Ch’an, Zen, Vajrayana, Mahayana and many more.

c.) Reject any possibilties outside of your own realm of thought.
Everything we believe isn’t true. The truth is relative to the individual
I certainly doubt anything I know to be the “truth”.

BTW I do believe “Ultimate Death” to be a misnomer or a misunderstanding. “Ultimate Death” = the end of superficial death aka the end of reincarnation.

Astral is a fundamental Christian.

Scary, scary stuff.

A minor correction for clarity Satori.

There is a misconception as to Shakyamuni’s name. It was indeed Siddhattha and not Siddartha who is a fictional character in Herman Hesses’ book by the same title. There seems to be a lot of information out there that uses Siddartha and while some may think it’s not so important, I feel that when discussing matters of truth that even the minutest details are important.

A

No more scary than any other fundamentalist anywhere. You can find religious zealots everywhere… including the Godless ones! Yes Science is a Godless religion.

About my questions regarding the Buddha. I know about the buddha bit and the enlightenment and the name. Those are not my questions.

I was talking about the ones who follow the ulitmate death. Where you learn to empty your mind while allowing your chakra to be destroyed! This way you no longer are allowed to be reincarnated! Like I said… how does this equate to Christ and His teachings?

I have found that there are several one world religionists that like to say all the religions are paths to God. Well, all the religions state they are the one true religion. I doubt they can all be right while being wrong at the same time.

I follow absolutes. It either is… or it is not.

I would like to pay special attention to these parts of your post!

There is no respect when you deliver an insult that way. Be honest at least on a board where people are expected to have more than a kindergarten education. It does not matter who came up with some idea first… it only matters who is right. Don’t call me good sir… Only God is good.

Try reading my post again, I made notice that I was not aware of them all. So cut the tripe cheesecake! I was only refering to the ones I was aware of.

Let me point something out for you. The unwise seek to learn and acheive by absorbing everyone elses ideas and conforming themselves to them!

The wise need no such study having learned to understand things instead of just learning. And because of this they can recognize the BS off spot instead of having to run to a book first and then sit around and make some study based of another persons contradictory work!

So here is how it breaks down. I already know better and you dont. And to think of a way to make me look bad you call me close minded. I have already seen and read a few things in my time. I am not like you. I know some truths. And how in the heck can you, who admits you dont know any truth, call me out? First get some truth before you begin to counsel others. Only one, not both can be correct or we are both wrong!

Closeminded? No… btdtgtts! I read enough from the 2 I know of to know that much of buddhism has become just as many of the Christian Churches have become. Take what you like and leave what you don’t or just flat out change it! How can ANY truth be found in this fasion?

Um yea… you say it equals no more reincarnation… thats WHAT I MEANT! So dont say I am wrong and just tell me the same thing written in a different way.

there’s no reason why this should even be true… but anyway

ask yourself at every claim or decision you make: what if you are wrong?
because, given you’re as human as any of us, the odds are not in your favour

No one is perfect. I do get things wrong. But I work very hard at not being wrong. So the chances of me being wrong are very small in my own mind. I know this will be labeled as egotistical but thats just the way it is when your mind is opened! Once you understand the truth a lie just simply is not acceptable.

And there are plenty of reasons why absolutes are true! One stares each of us in the face. Life, death, and Taxes… just for humor.

Yes there are absolutes because if there are not? Then NO ONE is wrong! Merely another perspective. any takers?

there is no reason why your truth should be definite and unquestionable… as you said, it’s another perspective
now, i won’t say that all ideas are equally valid… some things are more obviously correct than others, but nevertheless, it may help to bring nuance into you mind and mouth

rigid-mindedness was never a sign of openness … quite the opposite actually

maybe no-one is wrong… although this is hard to imagine,
i rather think no-one is right… the odds of being completely correct are nihil
some ideas describe reality more accurately, if there is such a thing, but that’s about it… so be careful with absolutes, by definition they are wrong, or at least not much closer to the truth than many other ideas

uncertainty is hard to live with, but it’s the only rational choise

First note to Liquid yes you are right about the name thing. Often times I forget the correction. Appreciate your input :slight_smile:

As for Astrals concerns of Buddhism.

Astral :I was talking about the ones who follow the ulitmate death. Where you learn to empty your mind while allowing your chakra to be destroyed! This way you no longer are allowed to be reincarnated! Like I said… how does this equate to Christ and His teachings?

Salvation my friend. Salvation from the realm of reincarnation. Every major religion has some aspect of a heaven or ultimate fullfillment and this is what was taught by the Buddha to whom we compare J.C. Jesus taught what the path to heaven is no? By proper virtue, proper actions, and proper thoughts which is also what Buddha teaches.

Astral:I have found that there are several one world religionists that like to say all the religions are paths to God. Well, all the religions state they are the one true religion. I doubt they can all be right while being wrong at the same time.

Do you think that if a person lives an ideal life under several realms of various religions and they get to the end they would be punished for doing all but the worshiping of a god? If one lives a good life and does good why should they be condemned? Now acceptance, and compassion those are ideals which we are taught God, Buddha, Allah, etc had. Because what if YOU are wrong my friend? Would you rather be cast down from the heavens whether you did right or wrong but because you were unfortunate or would you rather accept what there is and be embraced in the after life?

Astral:There is no respect when you deliver an insult that way. Be honest at least on a board where people are expected to have more than a kindergarten education. It does not matter who came up with some idea first… it only matters who is right. Don’t call me good sir… Only God is good.

What is your obsession with this kindergarten education thing? And I follow the “Golden Rule” you may know it. About the use of the abusive language which you batter our eyes with; I only reciprocate this. But anyways not to harrass semantics but when you say “It does not matter who came up with some idea first…it only matters who is right.” does that mean you accept the teachings of Buddha and Christ to intertwine? Or does it mean that you simply are dismissive of something with a rich history? Can you proove God is good? and that he is the only “Good”? Forgive me but religious deiontology is so circular and for those weak of will that it confuses me #-o

Astral:Try reading my post again, I made notice that I was not aware of them all. So cut the tripe cheesecake! I was only refering to the ones I was aware of.

Yet despite your “admitted” ignorance you still attempt to profess a certain degree of absolutism. You only know 2 sects yet you automatically believe Christ is the mightier? I brought up the point not to “wow” you but rather to show you that what you know about things may not be accurate enough for you to immediately disavow the comparison.

Astral:Let me point something out for you. The unwise seek to learn and acheive by absorbing everyone elses ideas and conforming themselves to them!

LOL then burn your Bible bad sir, explain to me how you are not slave to a book? I do believe the Bible is certainly not the book of God, but of a group of men and you revel in every utterance. So I do declare you unwise, I understand that all is complex, no black or whites only grey’s when it comes to life. I have seen things that make me doubt whether a compassionate God would allow such things to happen, despite the religious prat I hear all around me. So, who is more so unwise, you who follow a group of men, or me who follows my own path?

Astral:So here is how it breaks down. I already know better and you dont. And to think of a way to make me look bad you call me close minded. I have already seen and read a few things in my time. I am not like you. I know some truths. And how in the heck can you, who admits you dont know any truth, call me out? First get some truth before you begin to counsel others. Only one, not both can be correct or we are both wrong! Closeminded? No… btdtgtts! I read enough from the 2 I know of to know that much of buddhism has become just as many of the Christian Churches have become. Take what you like and leave what you don’t or just flat out change it! How can ANY truth be found in this fasion?

So…why do YOU know better? Who explained this to you? How do you know the truths which no man does? I call you close minded because you are. You refuse to believe that any thing that is remotely close to truth can live outside of your own understanding. I do so adore the fables of the Bible but I know that it is such a small realm of knowledge that for it to be dead-on is a near impossibility. Some of the greatest philosophers are the ones who know no “truths”; for nothing in this lifetime is certain beyond death and taxes. I counsel others with the reality that “knowledge a drop; ignorance the ocean”. When you can prove something without a shred of doubt then it is truth. It is certainly a possibility I am wrong, a possiblity you are wrong, and a possiblity neither of us is right. The fact that I know nothing in regards of “truth” is the only truth I as a man can know. Do you even know if this life we lead is true? Or if Jesus lived, or Buddhas every really existed?

I have read enough to know that what happened is what happens with every religion. Man contorts the ideals to fit with what he wants it to be. All that matters is they teach the ideal, which is to treat others well.

Astral:which Buddhism you follow? The one where you aspire to become God or the one of the Ultimate Death?

Once again with semantics you choose to place a negative aspect upon them with your wording and I was simply removing the negativity and placing neutrality or my attempt of it. With your vagueness you are essentially attacking that which you have a minute knowledge of. “become God” makes it seem as if these Buddhists are Bellerophon trying to ride Pegasus (Buddhism in this case) to Olympus. Which is certainly not the case as I explained to you. And as for Ultimate Death I was showing you how it should be explained i.e. the end of reincarnation which is equivocal to paradise. I did not say you were wrong but rather that your vaguness was not acceptable. Also, when you meant something it is rather hard to decipher such over an internet medium.