The root of envy and hatred – the social evil of Marriage

illinoisfamily.org/homosexuality … -marriage/

Not completely… ok, the word “primarily” should maybe be replaced by “partly”, but it’s only erroneous to that extent.

I don’t mean to hurt anyone who’s married, after all that’s more or less the only option for getting sustained love in the present system, so nobody can blame those who’re married.

I’m just asking people to imagine the post-marital world order, a better social order can certainly be envisaged, and has been envisaged in the past by nobler people, but these systems were unjustly destroyed

as i point out in the 3rd post from the top (pro-marriage extremists should try to present an answer to those points before this discussion goes any further).

But not all of them… check this out:

bellanaija.com/2015/06/24/di … ve-lovers/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … faces.html

By the way,
in Spanish, the singular form of the word esposa refers to a spouse, and the plural refers to handcuffs.

From Wiki:
“Sheila Cronan claimed that the freedom for women “cannot be won without the abolition of marriage.”[48] “The institution of marriage – wrote Marlene Dixon of the Democratic Workers Party – is the chief vehicle for the perpetuation of the oppression of women; it is through the role of wife that the subjugation of women is maintained”.[49] Andrea Dworkin said that marriage as an institution, developed from rape, as a practice”.

Drowsy because youre boring.

Face the fax.

Genetics are everything.

And psychology is a bit like a bunch of apes gawking about making edumacated guesses.

Ever see a CAT scan machine at a mental hospital?

Course not, because no actual science is needed for psychology. Its a gunea pig game.

What would you know
You sound like an apologist for the analytic school rather than a philosopher :slight_smile:

(Good) psychologists have always been among the elites of (continental-style) philosophy, given that the human (brain) is the most complex of objects.

I’m boring? You’ll probably find THIS more interesting: youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

That video is more interesting than you. How did you know?

Apologist for the psycho-ologists? I don’t apologize for them. I don’t even like them.

The human brain is a simple device. Most brains are quite boring. Whats there to know about it, other than a miserable pile of secrets?

I know right.
Your types are not as unique or unpredictable as you’d fancy =)

I said you sounded like an apologist for the analytic school, not “the psycho-ologists”. I don’t like the psychiatrists (as a professional group) either, if that’s what you mean, tho!

A simple device… simple but beautiful in its workings.

Most brains are boring, true maybe, given our “education” system. That’s why i call for revolutionary reform (djedefsauron.net)

Most may indeed be a miserable pile of miserable secrets.

But that’s just the gray matter-heavy brains (like yours, maybe), it’s an over-generalization to say all brains are like that. Some brains, like mine, are white matter-heavy. I.e., more interesting (but evidently not to people like you!)

Marriage, the monetary transaction in which a sexual organ to procreate is rented out to the procreator. A business enterprise of social mobility.

Of course it’s not just marriage anymore where casual sex or relationships becomes a monetary transaction also.

Then there is the ancient enterprise of prostitution but of course all relationships these days resemble prostitution where it is very cloudy or murky to differentiate.

Romance, love? Sure…

Most men see a woman and think to themselves what a lovely thing that is in face, stature, hair, breasts, thighs, and fanny rear-behind.

I see a woman and I see a price tag of $50,000.00 or more a year. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world. The monetary standard is the same everywhere. If it’s a discount used up ghetto hoochie ma-ma for half the price costs can amount to a pack of smokes, twelve pack, EBT card, public housing, and a box of condoms.

Marriage, relationships, prostitution, or casual sex of reproductive purposes one needs cash, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa.

Everybody has a price with varrying cost ratios.

Purchase to own or rent? It’s all the same thing!

Children! That’s an investment to the bank baby!

Marriage is not evil it’s just the modern idea of marriage does not represent what marriage truly means.

A promise to each other (and God traditionally) that amongst other things should transpire singular happiness of either party because of the realisation that unity over decades requires some sort of reminder that sometimes there will be periods of “worse/poorer/sickness” during which the storm must be weathered in order for the balance to be restored. Which in reality it may not of course, meaning that such a unity requires a lot of faith. The idea of faith I believe has been over-supposed as a useless trait. But in my mind it has many and varied uses both in and out of the traditional religious context.

It is not marriage that is evil, it is the modern belief that happiness is more important or sustainable as a way of being, when we are not designed as a species to live in such a state indefinitely. Love involves happiness cirtainly but that is not the point of love. It is a far more complex set of emotions that people seem to have forgotten in relation to their significant others. Yet we fully understand it with those who we are bound to by blood relation such as parents and children. In some cases these relations can be disowned but this is much harder to do and not the norm. Marriage is supposed to imitate such a bond and should not be taken lightly. Divorce rates simply suggest that the majority of people who get married did not understand what the point of the institution is, and more likely did it because they feel it is the thing to do.

I must reiterate that this is a generalisation. Obviously there will be cases of abusive, hateful relationships that are too toxic to be allowed to continue, but these do not account for the vast majority of divorces these days.

Marriage has always been a business enterprise going back the medieval era of Europe. We see cultural traditions like a dowry and so on.

Expensive and lavish marriages being a symbolic community event once the transaction or sale is complete.

Women selling themselves for companionship and biological reproductive purposes, men being the purchasers.

Children being an initial investment used later against unruly men that might decide to find somebody else for litigating negotiating purposes on the part of women. Please stop with the social relationship nobility nonsense.

It’s over. Nobody takes love, romance, nobility, or chivalry seriously anymore as idealisms of perceived social virtues. Not even women themselves do anymore.

No, sexual relationships instead have all become socio-economical in the monatarization of all social relationships and values.

Sex, a commodity. Marriage, a commodity. Companionship, a commodity. Children, a commodity.

Human beings have made a commodification of its own existence.

Simplistic opinion. Shame you can only examine one area of this argument.

It’s not so simple at all. There is nothing simple in the task of pulling back the thick veneer of deception or delusional appearances that revolves around human nature more specifically here in the area of the sexes. Then there is the criticism from people like yourself from all segments of society that have an inability to accept reality for what is when people like myself criticize the facade of these delusional appearances that a majority of people try to permeate into being.

No, I will not be shamed into anything and if people wish to debate me on the issue they’re always welcomed to.

All you have given me to work with is a steriotypical generalisation and called it truth. But if you insist.

You said men perchase women. What if say the woman earns more money than the man? I fail to see the relevance of what you have said marriage is about in many examples such as these. So you may need to expand your argument. As like I said, it’s a bit simplistic at the moment.

Yet the richest women when quoted in popular culture will still say they want a man richer than they are.

The world is never enough…

I’m sorry you don’t like hearing what I have to say.

Wait a second, no I’m not. :wink:

Framed for humorous prestige.

As humorous as that it is that’s a real perception of mine.

They need something like relationship insurance when it comes to dating a woman.

I’ll have a twenty page insurance form for every woman I come into a relationship with.

Just sign these papers baby.

Sign here, here, there, and right here again.

I am going to fax this to the insurance company tomorrow.

Don’t consider this a lack of faith or trust.

Look at it as an investment of trust and faith. Laughs

We’ll call it relationship liability insurance.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Face it women want obedient, subservient males, who do not cat call them and know their rank, which is zero.

The woman will bide her time twiddling with her fingernails while she observes men, ala mortal kombat tournament style, and select a specimen for herself.

After careful bidding, she will select a lucky 'winner", provide she can soak up his wallet well enough. She wants him to be submissive in all ways except sexual. And when she grows tired of him, she will throw him out of her life, but not too far…making sure to collect his divorce payments, which he will pay happily because he is aroused at the thought of his obedience, stimulated by the oppressive wall of female culture the woman has over him.