The Sacred Mathematics of Spirit

The last video is just a story that guy tells based on a book written by DM. It’s largely irrelevant.

I can answer, though. I’ll do it when I get home.

There are various things that, when closer to the golden ratio, are more beautiful. Ratios of sizes of parts of the human body are one thing, for example. Certain facial features, I’ve heard as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

I never argued that the math was incorrect. I don’t know why you keep saying that that’s what I’m trying to do. I’ve told you that’s what I’m not trying to do. I know you’re not illiterate, so you don’t really have an excuse to keep saying that garbage. This is what I said to you a page ago, it’s too bad I have to repeat myself:

So please, please do yourself a favor and stop sticking your foot in your mouth by insisting I’m not succeeding in making an argument that I never tried to make. I never said the math was wrong, so it totally makes sense that I haven’t demonstrated that the math is wrong. If you can’t understand that, visit your doctor and ask him to look in your skull. Something is stuck in the gears.

You’re right when you say “I’m totally right.” I don’t see how being totally right is defeating myself. Since when is being right…wrong? What the hell are you talking about?

And yes, the math has nothing to do with the guy flying around in circles, that was MY WHOLE POINT! You’re completely agreeing with my original post, but in some strange sense of pride you’ve somehow convinced yourself that you don’t agree. To agree with my original post is just such an abhorrent act to you, that even though you fundamentally realize I was right the whole time, you’ve done some strange mental gymnastics to avoid saying as much.

You’re a very strange character.

for future reference, so you don’t make the same mistake a third time, i’ll put it in words you understand:
math - good
flying sea monkey - bad

What is he tempted to say?

It’s hard to know what you said because you just rambled without any structure. I asked you to present a reason or an argument as to why you thought

And you haven’t. I

I also smelled bullshit somewhat but instead of saying anything right away I defended why simply saying ‘this is bullshit’ is stupid, and then in my own time I went and looked myself why I thought it was bullshit.

If you think you were ‘arguing’ anything in this thread you’re wrong. I don’t know what else to say other than you didn’t argue anything.

What FJ argued and “smelled” is that in the video, the guy began explaining some interesting facts about similarity in structure, but then jumped presumptuously into true super-stitioning when he proclaimed a force causing a circling effect. He gave no support that any force was involved and also gave no support for the idea that any circling was actually taking place at all. The fact that things in up in a pattern that can be circled is hardly evidence that any force was actually forcing that circle other than your own imagination.

But frankly the mean old Martian men raping the young 13 yrold Earth girls pretty much clears up the question as to whether the video is “bullshit”.

It really doesn’t.

This is a philosophy forum. You can’t just point and say ‘self-evident.’

What was the guy tempted to say?

YOU can’t huh? :^o

I know what I’m doing though.

Sounds precariously similar to opinion and perhaps knowing has little to do with it, and belief, plenty.

That was a joke.

I’m hypocritical sometimes. I admit that.