Vote for New Religion Mod

I think it matters more that the person moderating is unbiased and doesn’t abuse his/her powers, whether he/she holds religious views or not is irrelevant.

Well hello then, nice to meet you :slight_smile:

Wasn’t going to vote, but I vote for James.

Well, he does have THE God on his side. :wink:

Well, when I thought of who I’d like to see posting, mediating, and in general having a presence in the Religion Forum, I thought I’d like it to be Dan~
Maybe that was naive and ideal of me. Maybe it would be bad for Dan~, but are you so sure about that?

Put me down for a vote for Dan or Mr. Reasonable.

I’m not that great for Religion, just for the record. I’m about as Religious as a used napkin, and I know about that much when it comes to anything except Christianity, Catholicism or Judaism.

I just kind of want to be a Mod again because at least I’d have a responsibility to come around more often…

Pretty much.
The only mods that don’t end up tied up with themselves and either compromised or humiliated to some degree are very straightforward guys like Uccisore.

Dan is highly sensitive and in a fertile phase of philosophical development and I’m fairly certain this will get fucked with when he has to deal with all the total bullshit he’ll have to sift through and for which he’ll be responsible.

It’s definitely not worth it for him. There’s nothing to gain.

I have no such worries about James.

Look at what happened to the guy who was recently made Mod, FJ. I knew he couldn’t handle it, and indeed, he’s been virtually dead as a poster since he took the function. I shouldn’t even have to mention Abstract… and then on the other side there is Magsj who has all but disappeared since she was caught on some very bad modding… not to mention Stoic Guardian who was never heard of again after he got his first criticism as a mod… a few years ago Faust gave modding a shot and that went extremely bad for him – it’s generally bad news. You have to be either very stoic or totally oblivious to your errors (like Humean) to pull this off without getting sucked into some shit you want to stay out of.

I disagree with almost everything that you said.

I’m going to say with exception to Flannel Jesus, only because he came after me, and I’ve been logged on less than thirty times in the last ten months, so I don’t know anything about his tenure.

I don’t like what you’re implying about Abstract, and I would suggest that Moderating on this site probably had very close to nothing to do with what happened with him. Frankly, I’m shocked that you’d even bring him up in that regard.

My defense of MagsJ is that she was generally very even-handed over an extremely long tenure of Moderation, here. Basically, if she did indeed fuck up at some point, if you take a large enough sample size (i.e. her tenure) there’s going to be a fuck up or two along the way.

Stoic Guardian replaced me in Social Sciences, if I’m not mistaken, so I clearly don’t know much about that.

Faust and Only_Humean are two of the best Moderators we’ve ever had, in the case of the former, I would hesitate to mix up Faust’s quality for taking no shit from anyone for bad Moderation. He simply didn’t feel compelled to explain that which should need no explaining, where mine was more of a customer-servicey approach. Humean is not oblivious to errors, or maybe he is, I’ve never seen him make one to know.

I was beginning to wonder how to take some of what you have been saying;
"It’s a tough job that messes you up. Don’t do that to Dan. He’s a nice guy. Do it to James instead!" :evilfun:
:confused: Hmmm… :-k

:laughing:

Stress, rejection?
What’s that? :sunglasses:

James is oblivious to criticism. Nobody can argue with that.

I kind of understand rejection, but stress? If Moderation is something that stresses a person out, then I suggest that they refrain completely from having anything to do with it. At the end of the day, it’s a goddamn message board, a good one (which is the purpose of Moderation) but it’s still merely a message board. An individual should be taking part in it as a reprieve from those things which are annoying or which do cause stress, if the message board itself is a source of stress (or the Moderation thereof), then the person should resign from Moderating immediately.

I vote Pav

In your words, he is saying that James is so messed up already, he cannot be more. :evilfun:

with love,
sanjay

Pav - then we agree to disagree because I disagree with most of that. Faust is probably my favorite poster of all time but I think he was a bad mod. I do regret mentioning Abstract here, it’s easier to take that point the wrong way than the right way.

James - Zinnat is not right. I just think you’re experienced and straightforward enough to do this well.

I see what you’re saying. I don’t agree about Abstract, but we don’t need to discuss it. FJ was modded not too long after becoming a father I think, so I’m not sure being a mod killed him as a poster. At any rate, you can question some of his decisions, but he seems to have played it fairly straightforward in my opinion. The rest I more or less accept.

Did you know Jayson, who was mod of Religion before Felix? I thought he was the best Religion mod since my entire time at ILP. He was involved and tried some interesting things in that forum, pretty straightforward, and respectful of all posters.

Come on FC, I was not serious, and i know what you meant.
You need not to be so concerned about that.
I know that James is too mature to take sarcasm as a serious conversation.
He pulled your leg so tried his.

with love,
sanjay

Okay, that does it…
FORMAL WARNING for both of you for being OFF TOPIC!!. :evilfun:
:astonished:

:laughing:

mr reasonable, first choice
PavlovianModel, second choice

Dan~
Pav

I’ll vote for Pav, Dan~, and James