What are you doing? (Part 1)

Decided to leave the library early, I’ve been watching some trashy american tv show, millionaire match maker or something…it’s hard to watch.

Only good thing that came out of this experience is that I got a tonne of new skills to add to my CV while being paid very well, so can’t complain… but still in shock :open_mouth:

Life is a game, but only until you can’t keep up, then nobody is playing, that’s just juvenile.

Lawwwwwd :laughing:

Anywho.

Had a good weekend :slight_smile: A friend got married, I skipped the wedding and just went to the reception. She and her groom both looked AMAZING, and there was no tension or drama, just a really nice, light-hearted event :slight_smile: I was very happy for her that things went so well.

I can’t decide what the best part of a wedding is. I love the dress, peeping that is always a highlight. Watching the groom’s face when he sees his bride for the first time is awesome, as well as the dances bride and groom take with their parents at the reception (always makes me tear up cuz I’m a sap like that). All the little kids who eat too much sugar and drink too much soda and dance the night away is also kind of fun, cuz ya know, I might not like kids very much but they ARE adorable.

I dunno. What’s your favorite part?

Not paying for it. Around 5 grand was spent on our wedding, My parents spent about three of that the rest was split between my husband and I. We would have eloped (Dad tried to bribe us) but, our mothers wanted the formal wedding. It was exhausting. Since then no dreams of weddings again and damn glad we only have a son. Sorry Blurry, but, once was too many.

Just throw a potluck.

lol okay let me rephrase – what’s your favorite part of weddings that you don’t have to be involved with beyond showing up?

My wife and I got hitched in a government office building. We finished a class at a community college here in Baltimore, got married [me wearing jungle fatigues, her shorts and a tee-shirt] and then went back to school for another class.

Things were often quite different back then. Well, for some of us.

Watching the in-law interaction. Aunts and uncles tend to cause the most commotion. But, the sweetest part is always the little kids forced to be a part of the ceremony. You say aaaah how adorable then go uh oh, then laugh. Had my little nephew in mine as a Groomsman, bless his little contrary heart. He stole the show, I laughed. Kids make the whole ceremony real and precious.

Walking through the shopping centre at 9am listening to a stardusk video, currently talking about wasting his time focusing his attention on women for years when he could of been doing better things…

I’m watching the mayweather/maidana rematch for the 3rd time. It’s 3:31am.

Going to watch that match soon, haven’t seen it yet…going to jump into bed and watch it at 1pm :slight_smile:

Yeah, that part is fun. My cousin Nathan was in my mom’s second wedding when he was very little, and he got his head stuck between two bars of a railing during the ceremony. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself, the poor kid went to pull his head out and kind of panicked when he realized he was stuck, everything had to stop until we got him out. Definitely one of my favorite wedding moments.

Kids are the best( generally) part of any gathering.

Calisthenics and some flexibility exercises, it’s quite satisfying to notice yourself making progress in becoming physically more fit.

So… I was at a Hackney Islington Conservatives monthly drinks meetup, and two people who went to add me on Facebook both said that that couldn’t be me when ‘moderator of psychology’ came up… flipping cheek :icon-rolleyes:

They don’t want to piss me off :obscene-birdiered:

Am a nervous wreck. The apts I live in are plagued with bedbugs. They finally got around to mine. Also picked up ticks from dogs in the elevator. Plagues of Job on me and my poor cat! The manager says that exterminators will get around to my apt. It’s been nearly two weeks. I’ve managed to decrease the bug population with a spray of 90% alcohol. Any suggestions?

Stop paying rent.

Agreed but do it legally to save your butt. Document the bugs and dates, get witnesses, etc. You can legally deduct rent if you document well.

And DEET yourself.