What are you doing? (Part 1)

Mags, if that’s your attitude toward weight training, you should consider some alterations in the training regime. I can’t wait to start exercising my body again.

Perhaps you need to start doing different exercises that cover the same body part to introduce some novelty and challenge your muscles in a different way.

atheris I see that you do not respond to my god… when you find out it is not sentient…

The face was because I’d caught a chill (whilst my immune system was down) which soon went went my IS restrengthened, but the workout went just fine :wink:

Like you, I look forward to my workouts… not missed a week in 2015.

How long you been off for? a few weeks off at the most and I have to jump back on that bandwagon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, glad to hear that (not that you caught a chill, but that the workout went just fine).

I haven’t done weights or any sort of body exercises since late September, it was a decision I made due to college starting and me not wanting to have too much on my back. I got used to the college life now, so I plan to incorporate body exercises in my daily routine again in about 3 weeks.

Bet you can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue:

I do short intense workouts to make it easier for me to fit weights into my weekly routine… otherwise I probably wouldn’t do it, so I’ve found a routine that works for me and fits into my lifestyle perfectly. Let us know how your first session goes :open_mouth:

There is nothing quite like eggs from your own chickens.

Where the hell do you live??? At this time of year?

I have to say the yolks are a little yellowy looking. When I kept chickens I used to pride myself in rich orange coloured yolks.
What do you feed them?

Hungry for a hot egg & cheese sandwich! It’s 7 degrees up here in NE Ohio. Brrrr.

I live in Southern Ms. The eggs were first eggs, its winter, they are not able to supplement their staple feed with greens, bugs, rodents and snakes yet. While I feed them scratch veggie scraps, a bit of cat chow for protein supplement, poultry cell and crumbles, all the rest of their normal diet is hibernating. They have 10 acres of woods to free range on plus our neighbors lands. All that and crappy lighting made them look pale. They were actually darker, abit. First whole eggs generally though are paleish. Next to store bought they are dark. I try to minimize crumbles for the sake of the hens. Spring summer and fall it will be omitted entirely as will cat chow and most doses of poultry cell

Can’t say I’m looking forward to my first session. I’ve gone from 88kg to 102, I’m a freaking heavyweight now. I’ll be lucky if I pull off a half an hour of exercise and do half the pushups and pullups I was previously able to do.

The last time I went to Denver, when I got off the plane the temp was -9. My friend flew up from Florida there to meet me, and she wore shorts and sandals because she’s been on the beach that morning in the sun drinking margaritas and what have you. Needless to say, we had to go shopping immediately or she would have frozen to death. Then we went snowmobiling, and at 11300 feet or so, when the sun starts to set, it dropped down to -19 and I don’t even know what the wind chill factor was. No exposed flesh allowed or it would be frostbitten immediately. I thought I was going to die. Then the snowmobiles were fast so the wind was even worse.

I flew home and stayed here over xmas for about 6 days, then I went to New York for New Years. So then I was at this bar in Brooklyn at midnight on the 31st, (already done manhattan to death and it’s nicer to be in a place that’s more authentic than a place where you’re fenced in), and it was about 15 degrees and everyone was talking about how cold it was and I just felt warm because I was thinking about -19 degree snowmobiling weather.

Still, I’d rather be cold than hot. I was in Palm Springs/29 Palms/Cathedral City in the middle of June or July once way back in the mid 90s, and it was over 110 degrees I think almost every day. I would drink water and it would just pour outta me in the form of sweat almost immediately.

You’re near double my weight :open_mouth:

How tall are you man? 6ft giant?

Reading one of Daniel Everett’s books.

I don’t like the BBC weather report, I like the Mags weather report. :slight_smile:

So I think I’m gonna go and get one of those huge gold chains like rappers wear. Except I’m only put it on once in a while just to look like an ass for a second and then I’ll take it right back off. I figure, if I get that, and then hang some diamond rings from it and what not, and then I throw in a set of gold teeth and wear the diamond watch that should just about do as far as looking like a complete asshat for a funny picture or 2. I’m thinkin about it for real.

You know it seem really hard to find like a fine quality grill. I mean what if you wanted an entire grill top and bottom like crusted with all kinds of absurd shit like your name spelled out in diamonds or something? How can you get that and make sure that it fits perfectly and all that? I’ve got a lot of research to do on this stuff.

So I recently relocated to the top of this building that sits in the middle of a bunch of bars and restaurants, and so since I usually stay up very late, on the weekends between 2 and 5am I can see all these wasted people trying to get into cabs and locate their cars and occasionally vomit, fight, or otherwise make fools of themselves. It’s pretty funny stuff really.

One night I intervened on an apparent domestic violence incident where a guy and a girl were arguing and he was wasted and wouldn’t give her back her cell phone and after 10 minutes or so it began to escalate and I, just sitting in the darkness on the balcony just yelled, “hey man shit just give the bitch her phone back damn”. And then the situation diffused and I got a mild sense of satisfaction.

Then I saw some guys leave their friend asleep in the back of a truck parked across the street another night. 3 of them trying as hard as they could to get him into a car, but he wasn’t having it. Big motherfucker, swinging and flailing around resisting his friend’s attempts to take him home. Went ahead and just stretched out to take a nap in the back of some truck that wasn’t even owned by anyone in their party. The 3 guys drove off and left him there, but then a few minutes later arrived with 2 more guys and the 5 of them got him into a car and on his way.

Tonight, I go outside and there’s a guy stumbling hard and kind of leaning up against some cars one at a time. He sorta looks like he might be thinking of breaking into one, so my friend and I were watching, but then he just kinda fell backward onto the trunk of a car so my friend and I yelled out, “hey buddy how’s it lookin down there?” to which he replied a great deal of nonsense. We weren’t being dicks to him, just asking if he had a driver or if his friends were nearby, or if he was lost or whatever. I mean we’re yelling from a good way up and he’s down on the sidewalk so I dunno it is what it is and the next thing you know, the bastard is like banging on the door to the stairwell and insisting that we come down and fight him.

So the guy wasn’t a bummy dude he was actually just some kinda fresh outta college business student type. But he just kept talking about how he was gonna come up there and kick our asses, so I asked him what he would do if I came down there and sprayed him with mace, and I asked him what he’d do if I shot him with a rubber bullet. Then I explained to him that there are not very many apartments in this building, and that the entry codes to get in are very strict, and that I would not be able to help him to gain entry into the building. Then he babbled a bit and went away as some group of people passed by.

Yesterday, I was leaving and the fire department and an ambulance crew were outside the door just looking as confused as could be. I had to buzz them in. Then they had to leave, because they were at the wrong address. Crazy shit. The firemen can’t get in the building, and they can’t work a gps. I’m glad there’s a sprinkler system at least.

I mean someone across the street was waiting on that ambulance and there were like 6 or 8 guys there at the door all trying to get in and just as confused as could be asking for numbers that don’t exist in this building and I asked them if this was the address they had and they all looked confused and then took off halfway down the block on the other side of the street. Madness.

…but I don’t get paid… unlike the weatherperson :frowning:

Consider it charity! You are a charitable person arnt you?

Yes, unfortunately, you don’t get paid for your weather report. I don’t get paid for my weather report as well as you, but nonetheless:
Here “comes” my weather report:
There is snow in my garden, but not much, and it is frozen snow. The temperature is about 0°Celsius (= 32° Fahrenheit). It is not windy.
One month ago, thus on 7 January 2015, there was no snow, and it was not cold: about 10°Celsius (= 50° Fahrenheit). It was very stormy.

And you can easily guess what happened to some people between 7 January 2015 and 7 February 2015.

It is going to be 70° Fahrenheit today… yea!!! My feet get to thaw out!!! Frozen cold wet fields, steel toed boots make for frozen pain filled feet.

Smartwool, baby.