What is your favorite painting?

No need explain Mayonnaise James, you’ll only be giving me your opinion. I have my own, thanks.
Point noted Faust. I was just having a bit of fun. Game Over.

:character-grover:

classless

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. It’s an arts forum.

Somebody post a picture, quick!

(I don’t think I know how. Had a Kandisky on my hard drive, but gave up after one try.)

I like this Kandinsky:

The one I was going to post is very similar - it could as easily have been that one. Although I like his earlier style - the less-defined stuff, often with a darker background - his mature work I can look at longer. His work is the closest thing to music that i have ever seen on canvas.

That’s really not right though, is it. How do you do this?

(Remember, I am old).
Kandinsky.jpeg

I just image-googled Kandinsky, and a bunch of his paintings came up. I clicked on one, took the URL for that image and inserted it between the Img image tags in my post. Really simple. I’m not sure if I explained it clearly enough, just let me know if not.

How anyone could like art that looks like a 7 year old threw objects at a canvas is meyond me. Art is supposed to evoke emotion and tell us a message. It is not there to turn people into art snobs. This is trash.

Oh right famous paintings…famous p—

OMGGG

TEH BISCUITS ARE BURNING.

Actually, my favorite art piece will always be my avatar because it’s of me.

Kandinsky’s abstract style was inspired by music; the elegant geometric designs do require that the observer invest a little time in interpretation. For someone who prefers something more obvious, like a bloated giraffe, Kandinsky probably wouldn’t have much appeal.

Funny - I always thought that the Kandinsky you posted was of a bloated giraffe.

The first time I ever saw a Kandinky - it was several at once - I felt it like electric light. It was an immediate and visceral reaction. I’m not sure I have ever taken the time to interpret one. But I understand your point.

Autumn Leaves, 1855-56
Sir John Everett Millais

Kokoschka

Klimt

Vienna ruled the roost.

Here’s one I like which I’ve just come across :smiley: Diogenes of Sinope.
Waterhouse

The Ship, by Dali

His style appears sickly and anemic to me.

How unfortunate for you :laughing:

why do you like this painting?

It seems bland and meaningless…

I just like the look of Diogenes sat in his tub with all the pretty girls prancing around him. :laughing:

well to each his own