what Marxism really is.....

What about HAL Pacino like?

I never click those links because they take me away from here for no reason

refuted

You know surreptitious,

I have a dangerous mind because it’s huge. Despite what Urwrong and iambiguous have decided.

When you have a mind as huge as mine, anything other than solving every problem in existence forever is boring.

Like I stated previously… once Europe started visiting the Americas … all these really fascinating ideas started coming back to Europe … did they do it right?

Not really. viewtopic.php?p=2772874#p2772874

They fucked it up … but that doesn’t mean we should quit.

We now live in the world of mass communication and so that is where we will advance as a species
We no more conquer new lands but instead compete with ideas in the cyber space that never sleeps

It’d be nice if that were true. A sociologist figured out in the early 90’s that people are exposed to less information because of the internet. They only read and watch whatever agrees with them.

Obviously a forum like ILP has an extremely open mind, so it doesn’t retain the population these social scientists predicted — which turned out to be true.

I mean fuck! Iambiguous of all people won’t even talk to me anymore. What they predicted was a more compartmentalization of knowledge, and it’s true… if someone disagrees with you, you can just go somewhere else. Only look up anything that agrees with you etc…

It’s sad to me that’s what the internet became.

There are three basic problems with the internet as it is
The first is the sheer quantity of information - the human brain cannot process but only a very infinitesimal amount of it - very infinitesimal indeed
The second problem is the quality of information and the fact that many go to sites that reflect their own opinion so no critical thinking is involved
And the third is that it is psychologically addictive and this is affecting both the mental and physical health of a significant proportion of humanity
Now I have absolutely no idea what the solution to all of these problems is or if they can be solved or if the will to want to solve them even exists

The internet is quite simply the greatest educational tool ever invented but unfortunately its also lots of other things as well

So it is both the best and worst of humanity

I personally know people who have no degrees in anything, but because of the internet they have the equivalent of PhD’s. Doesn’t happen very often, but it does occur. Of course, folks like this can’t get real jobs.

And generally that there are two teams. Binary. Us them. Third (and fourth etc) options just don’t exist. In fact most people agree on this. It’s either A or B and if you are the other one from the right one you are dumb evil naive…etc.

There are significant enough differences between workers and owners to characterize them as different classes. So there is indeed a war between ‘us’ and ‘them’, and despite what David gilmour said, we are not ‘after all just oooordinary men’.

To pretend there is no class war here in tremendously, tremendously naive.

You should admit that a business Owner is worth 100 workers.

1:100

Or, 1:100000?

No Owner, no business… do you deny it?

Marxists are ungrateful or spoiled children. That’s basically the equivalent attitude and state-of-mind.

The Marxists are ungrateful to the business Owners who create jobs for them. They/(You) complain, whine, and bitch, but do you start your own business? Do you invest money? Do you take risks? No, you don’t, because once you do, you stop being a Marxist and start being a Capitalist. You stop being an ungrateful child, and you start becoming a responsible adult.

It’s as simple as this.

No workers, no owner.

Do you deny it?

Yes, because the Owner is also a worker.

Next!

You just are trying to be clever here. You know I meant no employees, no owner.

Even the ‘self employed’ rely on the work of the laws written, the infrastructure (paid for by everyone except them), the patent office employees (paid barely a living wage).

You know, you’ve literally stated to me that almost all my posts are idiotic.

I know that’s not true. You’re in over your head here and tragically enough, trying to ‘save face’

Am I personally a Marxist ? No. I’m a capitalist democrat who believes wage caps are the best solution. It’s competitive and collaborative.

Self-employed people are both Employer and Employee in one.

The employee is expendable and unnecessary. The employer is not.

Next!

Interesting that you didn’t quote me on how dependent ‘self employed’ people are.

Infrastructure (paid for by all of us (except for the employer through tax loopholes and corporate welfare))

No infrastructure, no business. Very simple.

Also, the laws. Also the patent clerks.

Nobody is a ‘self made man’ in this world.

What disgusts me most about your posts is that you really think that a CEO is worth more than 100,000 people. Dude. That’s fucked up.

I do, I do. While a capitalist business is a sufficient condition for the existence of ‘jobs’, it is not a necessary condition… meaning ‘jobs’ would exist without capitalist business.

I may be wrong though. Its logically possible that human beings did absolutely no work until capitalism existed.