What Of Your Essence?

At this stage all she has revealed is that she believes that there is an inner core, essence or nature that is an unchanging part of us (which doesn’t sound like a topic for the psychology and mind forum).

Do you expect honest answers?

I don’t think you will get any, and I don’t mean that they would lie intentionally to others, when they have to assess themselves. First they lie unintentionally (more or less) to themselves. Whenever people tell you who they are, you have to read very carefully between the lines.

And on a forum like this, most people chose which kind of impression they want to give to others. It would be no point to give you an honest answer in this thread if it differs much from the way they want to present themselves here, or how they want to be seen.
I don’t see what you could conclude from their answers.

It is obvious that honest answers are not desired.

In that case there is no point in asking the question

Paranoid.

One Liner

Why has this question struck such an accusatory nerve in you?

It hasn’t.

You sure have a way of not showing it.

One Liner wrote

Mongoose, if you feel that these out of context quotes are accusations then I would suggest that there are internal causes within you that produce your feelings.

No, that sums up your participation in your words with your intent punching each letter on your keyboard. The context doesn’t change your beliefs about me for those are clearly stated. You play games-noted.

The argument diverted from its direction at some point. Start at anti derivatives. Essential derives from essence, so what determines the inner core is what is essential, to your existence, for you to have evolved in the first place. Your circumstances changed through the genealogical progression of your family tree, forming new forms of adaptation, using the tool essential to well being. The earlier forms of adaptations cannot be derived, except using earlier modes of adaptation, since some were abandoned along the way.

Hey Jerkey,

Only some were abandoned, what stuck?

What is it about my comments that strike an accusational nerve within you?

Save it for the next thread you seek to derail.

Because you cannot become aware of it, since it’s not personal in the sense that it was self created, or caused. It is what has primarily shaped or determined you, but it is a hidden life-motif, which has a seemingly hidden power.

Mongoose, I am not derailing a thread that has no stated position as there is nothing to derail (unless it is a hidden position).

Go ahead and answer.

One Liner thinks that there is no essence and he thinks that is the only correct point of view. Anyone who disagrees and does believe in an essence, “has an agenda” which is being forced onto others.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Yes, in a nutshell, but I have a way with words that evoke that “agenda-emotion” rather than keep it as an intellectualisation.

Yeah, you pretend that you are doing something more than trying to intimidate him … to make him shut up.

You stated that you do not believe in an essence, which is a position, yours.