What's for dinner?

Prime rib, potatoes with garlic, some panko crusted mac and cheese and a beer. Delicious.

Minus the ‘panko crusted’ macs (who wants crunchy macs?) and the beer (skunk juice), that looks delish. A pepper enthusiast?

The crunchy mac is pretty good. The beer…why would you take away the beer? It’s the cornerstone of any good meal. I had some unsweetened tea as well. I took the mac and cheese home and I got some carrot cake to go. I’ll probably wake up in the middle of the night and eat those. And yeah, I do like a bit of pepper.

The place is pretty good, and it’s just down the street from where I live. Check out this lovely menu.

villagetavern.com/menu.cfm/6/birmingham-al/

Here’s one from the place where the last pic was from. The charcuterie board was delicious. I got a weakness for a restaurant that’ll just bring me a plate with a bunch of random goodies on it. Who doesn’t like cheese and fruit and peppers and strange crackers??

fancyson5th.com/menu/

Beer=skunk juice aka. bong water. Totally unacceptable as far as alcoholic beverages go. My recommendation is a Colorado Bulldog.

I’m old. At this point in my life I’ve drank everything every which way you can. Plus I dunno what kind of beer you’re talking about. There are some really high quality brews out there if you know where to look. Bud, miller, coors, etc…no thanks. But good beer is good.

A colorado bulldog is like a white russian? Man I make white russians every winter.

This is what my countertop looks like when it’s cold outside.

Here’s another one from a completely different day.

And I’m ancient, so? I don’t do beer. I dump beer…all beer out of the cup it arrives in, wherever I can get away with it (floors, plants, etc). Never beer, hell to the no! Wines are not much better, at least that I’ll spit back into the glass. Chilled smooth vodka. Coffee liquors…mmm!

Man you gotta love all alcohol equally. You don’t like wine? Come on!!

Wines, brandies and tequila are one notch up from stank beer. Almost forgot schnapps, yuck.

So the only thing that doesn’t suck is vodka?

You’ve gotta know what kind of wine you like, and you can never drink cheap tequila. The tequila needs to be really expensive. Some Don Julio should do the trick. You might be right about brandy. I don’t see why people would pick brandy if they could have scotch.

When you say, “stank beer”, are you referring to a certain grade of beer which is stanky? Or do you mean that all beer, no matter what the grade stanks?

Vodka rules. Rums next along with liquors. Gin and the whiskeys (except Jack Daniels which makes people turn ugly fast). Scotch and champagne. What am I forgetting?

Every beer stanks. Every. All.

I can drink some vodka but I want it to be good vodka, and I agree about the Jack Daniels. Champagne…there’s never an occasion not to drink it. It’s good with every meal. Especially brunch. Remember when taco bell claimed to be “fourth meal”? They’re really 5th. Brunch is the 4th meal. About the rum…there is no kind of rum that I can’t drink. From the cheap Bacardi to the Kraken. Scotch…yes please.

But every beer stank? Have you had them all? What about a beer as dark as the Kraken rum, but smooth and balanced in it’s flavor profile and aged in a tank that scotch was aged in just before? You know there’s some good beer out there man. I’ve never met a person that I couldn’t match with a beer they came to love.

I would have you arrested for cruelty trying to force beer down my throat. I don’t care if it comes in Cinderella’s glass slipper. Never, never happening.

I don’t think it’s illegal to be cruel in the US.

Speaking from swinesville, cruelty to animals is illegal. So Mr. you’d get caged, twice over. Oh, never mind me and my thread crossing perspectivism.

Just drink a beer.